STV appoints new digital consultant

Wednesday, October 21 2009,

STV has hired former ITV consumer boss Jeff Henry as a consultant to develop its ongoing digital strategy and online presence.

Prior to his most recent four-year tenure at ITV, Henry held chief executive positions at the Hallmark Channel and Granada Sky Broadcasting.

Welcoming the appointment, STV Venture managing director David Archer said: "We have made strong progress through the development of against our ambitious growth targets and, alongside [STV head of new media] Alistair Brown, I look forward to working with Jeff as we identify future revenue opportunities.

"Jeff is one of the most respected executives in the industry and has a proven track record of delivery in this area. I'm confident he will bring valuable experience in supporting the continued growth of STV's digital and consumer businesses."

Henry added: "I'm delighted to be working with STV at what is an exciting time of growth for the company's digital business and I am very much looking forward to working with the senior team. They have already demonstrated strong innovation and development which I hope to help them build on."

Last week, STV removed the UK-only restrictions from its on-demand service for the worldwide launch of a new high definition show.