Original von suomipoeka
Greetings from Finland
Here's the result of close to one year of modifying Enigma2's MovieList interface. Initially I wanted more control and flexibility over the recordings from the GUI and began modifying the Gemini2 image. Finally the work has gradually evolved into a separate plugin with no direct dependencies to the underlying image, other than the interfaces of the python classes from Enigma2. This has been publicly available to Finnish users via a local discussion forum for quite a while. Now I'm posting this here also incase there may be other users outside Finland interested in this extension.
- *Very* fast operation compared to the original E2 MovieList
- Full directory support
- More control over the movie files (move, delete, dir create, empty dir delete)
- Multiselection (pressing the video-button on a movie) for all available operations (delete, move and playlist)
- Files can be moved or renamed during playback / recording (Linux filesystem feature)
- Files can be deleted while being played (playback will be stopped or file is removed from playlist)
- Currently recorded files can be permanently deleted but the timer will remain as "zombie" in the timers list
- Non-permanent delete only equals move to the trashcan which lets the recording continue
- Trashcan option (if you don't like it, put "days remain" to 0 and "trashcan hide"=yes)
- File operations done in the background (currently 3 shell execution unit instances, can be scaled up if required)
- Files being moved across mount points e.g. from internal HDD to an NFS/CIFS NAS share (or vice versa) do not block the GUI
Other plugin features:
- Allows usage of different GUI and EPG languages without messing up the EPG
- Automatic cleanup of done-timers
- Automatic daily restarting of Enigma (prevents device crashing in heavy usage)
- Possibility to speedup the remote control key input
- Cursor keys: navigate list normally
- Info: standard Enigma EventView
- Menu: pops up the MovieSelectionMenu
- TV-button: reload current directory
- VIDEO-button: Select / deselect files for multiselection
- OK: play current movie selection / playlist
- RED: delete selected movies (permanently if "days to remain in trashcan"==0)
- GREEN: Alpha sort / date sort toggle
- YELLOW: Move currently selected movies (LocationBox opened if cursor not on top a directory)
- BLUE: Movie home / Play last (configurable)
Here's some screenshots that probably tell you more than a thousand words.. In this particular case the plugin has been installed on top of Peter Pan Neverland image.
Interfaces for accessing the plugin. Configuration from the plugin menu, MovieList lauch from the extensions menu, basic initial view of the MovieList:
Q: What is the "cifs* files operation" setting?
A: On Samba CIFS filesystem Linux creates "cifs"* (randomly numbered e.g. cifs7645) files when files that are being used by some process get deleted by some other process. For some reason these files are not deleted by the filesystem when the first process using the file finally releases it. I added this option when I was using recording over a Samba CIFS mount. This way I didn't have to worry about these grabage files left on the drive. If you're not using a CIFS mount you can ignore this setting as it will have no effect.
Q: What is the "cursor to newest" setting?
A: The "cursor to newest" settings simply move the cursor on top of the newest recording when the list is opened (from tv mode or playback mode). By setting on the reversed list order this effect will probably be more visible.