Thread: Dreambox driving me nuts

Uploads

Dreambox driving me nuts

Hi, to all. This is my first post here so forgive me if this is the wrong section. Admins, feel free to move this post to a more appropriate section.

To my problem.
    I live in London and have a Sky minidish with a sky Quad LNB that I have purchased recently from Amazon.co.uk. Also I have a clone Dreambox 500 conected to this setup which I am using this to watch Freesat.
    My SNR shows 91%, AGC 90% and Ber 0%, which I would think makes for a pretty strong reception. However, I get pixelation quite often, even in a good weather. This ruins the whole experience for me.

The funny thing is that when I use Ngrab, the recording is flawless, even though the live show was not.
    Also while watching, appart from pixelation, the audio is not very clear, but in the recordings, it is fine.

Anybody else experienced this?

Is the dish too small, or is the LNB not good enough, or is it maybe the receiver?

As far as dish alignment is concerned I have used a dish meter and I can't get a higher reading than the one I have.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Uploads

Thumbs down Re: Dreambox driving me nuts

hi , first witch image you have on the dreambox , and have you donne you self the cable. and with size dihs have you...... regad rami

Uploads

Re: Dreambox driving me nuts

Quote Originally Posted by sabril View Post
    hi , first witch image you have on the dreambox , and have you donne you self the cable. and with size dihs have you...... regad rami
    I am using Nabilosat Darkstar II Exclusive CCcam 2.1.2 Mod Borsalino, but I have also tried enigma, and Jade images with the same results.
    I used highest quality cable and it is quite short, only 5m.
    Dish size is 60cm.

Uploads

the only think i have in my head is connection between dm and your tv , scart leeds try cable yellow,red and wite . or if you have any frieds or family with sky dish take your dm if is good in another house is definitly your instalation , try change the cable on lnb you have quad lnb but i am sur is the scart leed on your tv or the cable and pixel is something electric not signal from the lnb . ps sorry my english i hope you undesthand me goodloock

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sabril View Post
    the only think i have in my head is connection between dm and your tv , scart leeds try cable yellow,red and wite . or if you have any frieds or family with sky dish take your dm if is good in another house is definitly your instalation , try change the cable on lnb you have quad lnb but i am sur is the scart leed on your tv or the cable and pixel is something electric not signal from the lnb . ps sorry my english i hope you undesthand me goodloock
    No. It is not the connection between the TV and dreambox. That connection is analogue whereas the pixelation is a digital artefact. In any case, I checked with another TV and it was the same.

Any other ideas?