'I'm A Celeb...' co-creator to leave ITV

Thursday, December 10 2009, 13:30 GMT

By Andrew Laughlin,

Natalka Znak, the co-creator of I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!, is to leave ITV after 17 years to take up a new post at RDF Media in the US.

Znak, who is currently controller of factual entertainment at ITV Studios, will relocate to Los Angeles in April 2010 to take on a newly created role of executive vice-president at RDF Media USA.

Since joining ITV in 1992, she has helped develop various successful formats for the broadcaster, including Hell's Kitchen and Love Island.

Major restructure plans were recently revealed at ITV Studios to transform the business into four main departments - Factual, Entertainment, Daytime and Scripted.

Following Znak's departure, ITV will not directly replace her position but rather hire a new creative director for its Entertainment division.

"I would like to thank Natalka for her dedicated and unique contribution to ITV's production success for more than a decade," ITV Studios managing director Lee Bartlett told C21 Media.

"The US TV industry will be very lucky to have another superb British talent on their turf and she will always remain a personal friend of mine and ITV Studios."

In a statement, Znak added: "I've had the best job in the world at ITV Studios and I feel incredibly lucky to have worked with some of the most talented and dynamic people in British television.

"Together we have created some fantastic shows, everything from I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! to Hell's Kitchen and Love Island. I am now ready for a fresh challenge and look forward to a new life in LA."