Thread: Lost & Confused

Lost & Confused

Hi

I am fairly new to this whole thing and need help.
    I currently have an Echostar ad3000ipva. I alos have a MREV Cam, a MReloaded Cam, an old Magic cam and an Aston Cam. I also have a CAS 2 interface. I can programe my MREV to work on some sats but no t on others. I get some channels but then they freeze after about 10 mins.

What am i doing wrong, or what hould i be doing?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help!

Uploads

Re: Lost & Confused

you can put firmware 1.230, using funcards or your cas2 on your mr, that will give you TPS channels and spice platnum and a few other channels[hotbird]with no problems. to get multies [hotbird]you have to update the firm with the new keys. put 2.25 on your mrv, again with either using funcards or your cas2 and it will give you the same, again no problems. if you have a blue titanium card you can put TMB2.9 [hispasat]on it to also give you cabo,works in either cam. i dont know about your magic but i am sure there is something for it,dont think there is much for your aston cam, not that i know of anyhow .i am fairly sure all programming can be done by your cas2 without needing funcards, thats just how i do it.the best cam to have though is the dragon/t rex , i would advise you to get one, which is easy to update and gets most channels inc cabo, d+, tps and with a cerebro card premire package. i use a opos card in mine and get the digi turk package. its the best cam to have, hope i have been a little help

thank you ever so much. This whole thing was starting to get way out of control!
    I appreciate the time you have taken and the advice you have given.

I will be aquiring a dragon cam as soon as humanly possible!

Just one thing, i don;t use any cards in my cams. should i be?

Uploads

no , if you have the firm ware on your cams as i have said there is no need for a card, the card is just for extra channels, official or otherwise. the dragon or t rex is very easy to proggramme, there is just one file to load, which is easy to do, just take time to read and follow the instructions about how to do it and you will have no probs. as i said it is very easy to put in new keys as they come along .you can put in a official or unofficial card to get more channels but again its not vital, its just up to you, it dosnt matter either way . there are a lot of good members on here who will help you out with info if you do get stuck. in my opion if you get a dragon or t rex and with your cas2 you should have no problems and a lot of tv to watch, best wishes

thanks again.

Do you think you could point me in the right direction to get the files you mentioned?

Uploads

files for the mr and mrv firmware are in the cams section as is the 3.30 file for the dragon/t rex cam. you can also use the 1.170 or 1.180 firmware in your mr, it will do the same as 1.230. the TMB2.9 file is in the card file section. as i have said the dragon is the best, its easier to prog and you get most of whats out there, good luck and best wishes