Thread: Regarding computer software section on SatFriends.

Uploads

Unhappy Regarding computer software section on funfiles.

I've already posted my query in the shout-box.. but haven't see any answer regarding this.. Please can you tell me if the computer software section is temporally off line at the moment, or has been taken off satsupreme.com for good?

I'm really hoping this isn't the case, as I very much enjoyed that section, as it was great for keeping you up to date on new program software about..

kind regards, tore567

Uploads

Unhappy Re: Regarding computer software section on funfiles.

Jaman, thanks for bringing me up to date regarding the pc software section. It's a pity it's closed to everyone but the vips... But we can hope the site administrators might switch things back as before later... I'm sure the move in some way will affect the software that was being uploaded there... I'm sure too jaman, we're not the only people who are a bit at a loss over this move

Thanks anyway for the reply.
    Best Regards, tore567

Uploads

Re: Regarding computer software section on funfiles.

Hi tore567,

The main reason for removing the public software section is due to copright infridgement.
    Our server is located in the USA so distribution of european satellite files is perfectly legal, however distribution of licensed software is illegal and if some company found out about it our webhost would have taken the site down.
    Therefor we decided to permanently move the software section to the donators section.

Kindest Regards,
    MainFrame

Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Regarding computer software section on funfiles.

Hi
    I fully support your opnion about software .
    I am an MCSE myself and do not encorage the forum to get involve. specialy something as sencetiv as Microsoft.
    But I would like that we could put treats to help members how to use Microsoft sofware and operating system like XP or mybe the comming Vista.
    And mybe that emprouve theire way to use them.
    I am testing the second version right now and enjoing it except for some bugs.
    Nice and proud to be a member here anyway.