Thread: In search for a new HD sat-reciever

In search for a new HD sat-reciever

Hello,

Apologize in advance if I'm asking this in the wrong place. Went 3 pages back and didn't find a thread that can answer my question. Also, I'm guessing, I'm about to open a discussion that will awake an old feud that most of you got a bit tired of, so I hope you'll survive

Anyhow...

Am looking for a new HD receiver for my system. An original, not a clone.

I have a DM500 now, and was looking first at the DM800HD-PVR, but then saw the DM500HD, and didn't totally understand where's the big difference between them.

Then started to hear and see some other options by other manufactures, which got me all confused...

My requirements are:
    HD
    PVR
    Internet connection
    Ease of use/config
    Will use it to connect to my HTPC, so if there are any models that communicate better than others with HTPC systems, would be also a plus.

Budget is around what the DM500/800 costs which isn't that huge of a difference.

Thanks!

Uploads

Re: In search for a new HD sat-reciever

Quote Originally Posted by Justaquestion View Post
    Hello,

Apologize in advance if I'm asking this in the wrong place. Went 3 pages back and didn't find a thread that can answer my question. Also, I'm guessing, I'm about to open a discussion that will awake an old feud that most of you got a bit tired of, so I hope you'll survive

Anyhow...

Am looking for a new HD receiver for my system. An original, not a clone.

I have a DM500 now, and was looking first at the DM800HD-PVR, but then saw the DM500HD, and didn't totally understand where's the big difference between them.

Then started to hear and see some other options by other manufactures, which got me all confused...

My requirements are:
    HD
    PVR
    Internet connection
    Ease of use/config
    Will use it to connect to my HTPC, so if there are any models that communicate better than others with HTPC systems, would be also a plus.

Budget is around what the DM500/800 costs which isn't that huge of a difference.

Thanks!
    Hi

DM 500 or 800: no usb on 500, faster processor, less memory, hdmi on 500 just dvi on800. Are easy to use & good support.

Az Box premium cheapest than a 800 but knew product & less support
    Vu-Duo A new product too.

Asiatic clones are cheapest & can be a best choice, there's not a lot of trouble on it.

BR

Thanks for the answer!

Seems like 500 has some advantage and disadvantages over the 800...which leads me to...well, still be confused as to which one I should get.

None of the above seems like a strong point enough to decide between the two. I mean...one has more memory and the other better processor...No USB but does have HDMI...

500 is bugfree considering it's a new product as well?

I understand 500 can perform as a PVR only with an extrenal HDD.

Are there any major differences in the recording if you use an internal over an external HDD?

Maybe that's where the answer is.

Uploads

Spiderbox 9000 HD. Very good

Hmmm...I see a big difference in the price between Spiderbox 9000HD and DM 800HD.

Is there any great reason for that, as specs wise it seems pretty much balanced.

Saw somewhere there are some issues with the Spiderbox 9000HD with displaying HD. Any idea on that?

Thanks!