Ben Bennett out at OpenTV
Written by Chris Forrester
Sunday, 09 May 2010 09:55

OpenTV, now owned by the Kudelski Group, has lost its CEO. Ben Bennett (left) evidently has officially gone from the company but remains a board member. Alex Osadzinski, EVP and director of digital TV products at Kudelski, has taken over.

Mr Bennett issued a statement: “On March 26th OpenTV became a private, wholly owned subsidiary of Kudelski SA. Over the last few months we have been working to fully integrate OpenTV with its sister companies such as Nagravision. As a result of the OpenTV 'going private' transaction, we announced a new organization that is aimed at fully integrating OpenTV with Nagravision. I’m confident that this direction provides the right strategic evolution for OpenTV and successfully brings to a close an era in OpenTV’s history as a US public company.”

“As part of this re-organization, I have decided to step down as CEO of OpenTV. This decision was a difficult one as Andre Kudelski was very gracious in offering a number of alternative roles but after ten years with the company, I feel it is time for me to move on and explore new opportunities. My relationship with Andre Kudelski and the board remains strong and I have committed to remain with the company until October of this year to help manage the transition. After that, I suspect I will take a month or two off before I start looking for new opportunities.”