Thread: DVB T help

Uploads

DVB T help

hi
    please tell me what is actually dvb T , can i watch dvb T channels on normal SD mpeg 2 reciever which is actually digital but the problem is i am not getting any signals of mediaset dvb T on my opticum 8000 from hotbird satellite 11334 h and 11432 v.
    do i need to change my box like opticum 8500 ts or any other which is DVB T & S. please explain as i dont really know whats going on or i need a dvb t terrist antenna UHF type and i can not get it going from satellite.
    thanks

Uploads

Re: DVB T help

Hi deutsch,

DVB-T is an abbreviation for Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestrial, it is the DVB European-based consortium standard for the broadcast transmission of digital terrestrial television. So this means that the signal is not coming from a satellite transponder, but from a terrestrial source. Also that means that you have to use a receiver (set top box) compatible with DVB-T and a rooftop TV aerial. Another possibility is an Integrated Digital television receiver (IDTV), which is a television set which contains all the components necessary to receive and display digital transmissions. Integrated digital television receivers will generally be distinguished by wide screens, high level audio capability and high resolution displays. They will not require a set top box.

Regards

Andrushenka