Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VU+ Duo & cardsharing

VU+ Duo & cardsharing

It would be good to start a card sharing discussion on VU+ Duo, any users out there?

Uploads

Re: VU+ Duo

hi

good idea, mine works nice under gbox 2.25 (with via card in internal readers), haven't test yet other emu

regards

Quote Originally Posted by zed44 View Post
    hi

good idea, mine works nice under gbox 2.25 (with via card in internal readers), haven't test yet other emu

regards
    Hi

Are you pleased with your VU+, just got mine a few days ago and very pleased so far. New to Linux so on a steep learning curve, doing a lot of reading on ccam and other cams. Only using emu (ccam 2.4) and satangel key updater at the moment but will be getting a card for the football season and looking at share options.

Uploads

hi again

as i stated in my signature (in french sorry), this is the best receiver i have bought since my dreambox dm7000 in 2003.

the Vu Duo is fast, easy to manage and several very good teams developp for it.

On the bad side, i would say that i'm quite disapointed by the media player (most of the HD MKV files i have aren't seen) and that for the moment the HDMI output only delivers 1080i. But this receiver is in the beginning of its life and i have good hopes for the future.

about sharing, i don't use cccam but with gbox for reading and sharing the card, it works pretty well

regards

Hi can i find it in Algeria and at what price Thanks

Sterling 399, Euro 420 -450 available in most European countries, not sure about Algeria.

Hi Zed44

Agree about the media player, I am using a streamer called xtreamer which seems to play any file you give it so no need for the media player, although it would be good if they could sort it out. Notice you have an AZbox, I was going to get one of these as the spec is so good -Blind scan & 1080p etc. But seemed to have a few issues, and being a novice on Linux thought best to give it a miss. As stated I am new to this type of satellite receiver so in your opinion would it be easier to do card sharing via gbox instead of ccam?

Uploads

Hi Rdann

about azbox : it's a good box, mainly for watching TV and file with media player...but if you want to record or act as a card sharing server with it, stay away from it. FW is not bug free and evolutions are quite slow. So for a room receiver why not, for a main receiver in the living room, i would advise to stay away from it.

about gbox and cccam : gbox is more simple to operate but this emu is no more supported by its creators...so some new card may not work very well with it eventhough my new via4 card for canalsat works quite good with it. CCCam is more supported (it is the unofficial cardsharing emu from DM) but it takes lot of internet traffic and again for some cards is not efficient. You will have to mix it with oscam or newcs to read and share some card (like sky IT nds cards). The only avantage of cccam for me is that there are far more people sharing with this protocol than with gbox/mbox

fell fre to ask some more questions but nevertheless they are many tutorial for setting up cccam or gbox server on the forum to help you

regards

Quote Originally Posted by zed44 View Post
    Hi Rdann

about azbox : it's a good box, mainly for watching TV and file with media player...but if you want to record or act as a card sharing server with it, stay away from it. FW is not bug free and evolutions are quite slow. So for a room receiver why not, for a main receiver in the living room, i would advise to stay away from it.

about gbox and cccam : gbox is more simple to operate but this emu is no more supported by its creators...so some new card may not work very well with it eventhough my new via4 card for canalsat works quite good with it. CCCam is more supported (it is the unofficial cardsharing emu from DM) but it takes lot of internet traffic and again for some cards is not efficient. You will have to mix it with oscam or newcs to read and share some card (like sky IT nds cards). The only avantage of cccam for me is that there are far more people sharing with this protocol than with gbox/mbox

fell fre to ask some more questions but nevertheless they are many tutorial for setting up cccam or gbox server on the forum to help you

regards
    Thanks for that, I have got a lot of info on CCcam and have started to learn more about it. The majority of tutorials are based on me having a card to share, at the moment I don't have one as I am waiting for the football season to start before I get one. Is it possible to set up CCcam for just accessing a free server so I can test out my settings, is there a specific tutorial for this or do I use the standard method and miss out some lines on the script?

Uploads

create your cccam line with a dydns adress, and go on the free exchange section of the forum in order to access to a server. there are many people like you without any cards (but with a "strong server" that means nothing) so it won't be very difficult to find an server to test your settings

regards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast