Thread: Man machine interface levels?

Uploads

Man machine interface levels?

Hello there,

Sorry if I am asking an unrelated question but I simply don't know where to ask that. A smart card forum looks good for me ;) It is a little specific question about the smart cards' menu systems.

As far as I know every CAM cards have a menu structure in them. (let's say which are compatible with CI if there is such a thing like that)

Some of them pops in your television's own menu like it's the part of your TV menu (which is called High-Level Man Machine Interface)

Some of them opens a menu on your television by overlaying the menu that has been already saved in CAM/card (or maybe even in full screen mode). (which is called Low-Level Man Machine Interface)

I don't know if there are CAM/card slots without CI support but that's a requirement of Common Interface.

And I wonder if every CAM/card support both High level MMI and Low level MMI.

Uploads

Re: Man machine interface levels?

Uploads

Re: Man machine interface levels?

Hello beberttv and thanks for your reply.

But as far as I know there is no information in r 206 001 about that.

In section 9.8.4 Mandatory Requirements, it says that "All hosts shall be able to support at least one MMI session. This session may be either high level or low level at the discretion of the application."

However there is not any information if every CAM/Cards support both Low Level MMI and High Level MMI at the same time.

High Level MMI is a data builded in functions. It is like sending to TV/receiver with CI module a function like "there is a link called software info, there is a link called languages" and your TV/receiver draws related menu buttons in his own menu.

Low Level MMI is more like texts, menu layout, pictures etc. It is like TV/Receiver's OSD menu but all data comes from smart card. (it is using OSD of the TV/receiver)

Anyway, as far as I know there is no information in R 206 001 about whether every smart card for CI modules includes both High Level and Low Level MMI at the same time.