Thread: Latest Transfer Stories 14-09-10.

Uploads

Cool Latest Transfer Stories 14-09-10.

Tyson yet to talk terms

Forest forward looking to earn new deal

Nathan Tyson has admitted that he is yet to open talks regarding a contract extension at Nottingham Forest.
    The 28-year-old claims he would be happy to discuss terms with the club, having been at the City Ground since 2005.
    His current deal is set to expire at the end of the season and he faces an anxious wait before discovering whether or not he will be offered the opportunity to stay on.
    Tyson hopes he will be given as many opportunities as possible over the coming months to prove his worth, but insists he will not allow the issue to become a distraction.
    "They have to make the decision," he said in the Nottingham Evening Post.
    "I don't want to get involved in that, because it has messed up my head. I just want to play football and show what I can do.
    "I am happy to still be here. I have this season and then whatever happens will happen.
    Focus

"The only thing I can do is try to put in the performances and try to get a few goals and contribute more to the team.
    "That is my main focus. If it doesn't work out here, I want to be able to say that I put the graft in.
    "You never know in football, I will just keep plugging away.
    "There hasn't been talk about a new contract. I don't know if I'm staying or going.
    "But the club doesn't have to talk to me until my contract runs out, if they don't want to.
    "If they want to get rid of me, I have to wait for another club to come in for me. That is just the life of a footballer."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Stories 14-09-10.

Benzema set for Real stay

Agent dashes talk of imminent exit

Karim Benzema's agent has played down speculation linking his client with a move away from Real Madrid.
    Having found first-team football hard to come by since moving to Spain last summer, reports have suggested the Frenchman could soon be on his way.
    Rumours throughout the summer claimed he was attracting interest from England, with the likes of Manchester United and Manchester City said to be keen.
    Benzema eventually saw out the transfer window at Santiago Bernabeu, though, in the hope that he could force his way into Jose Mourinho's plans.
    That remains his stance at present, with no thought given to a possible New Year switch elsewhere.
    With that in mind, his representative has sought to bring about an end to the ongoing speculation.
    "The future of Karim Benzema will be at Real Madrid," Karim Djaziri told calciomercato.com.
    "Are Juventus, Manchester United and Liverpool close to a deal? I categorically deny these rumours.
    "He is a Real Madrid player and will remain a Real Madrid player."

Uploads

Sneijder set to sign new deal

Dutch playmaker plans to extend Inter stay

Wesley Sneijder hopes to put pen to paper on a new contract at Inter Milan 'as soon as possible'.
    The Dutch playmaker moved to Giuseppe Meazza last summer after finding himself frozen out at Spanish giants Real Madrid.
    And during his first season in Italy he helped Inter land an historic Treble, taking the league, Coppa Italia and UEFA Champions League crowns.
    Having shone for his club, he then helped Holland reach the final of the 2010 World Cup.
    Agreement

Speculation suggested he was once again drawing attention from the Premier League, with Manchester United believed to be long-time admirers.
    However, Sneijder has no plans to move any time soon and has revealed that he is close to agreeing an extension to his current contract with Inter.
    "I hope as soon as possible to reach a new agreement with the club," he said.
    "We are working hard. I hope it is handled quickly and I can stay connected to this great club for a long time."

Uploads

Ajax snap up Graafland

Keeper joins Eredivisie giants on free transfer

Goalkeeper Ronald Graafland has signed with Dutch giants Ajax on a one-year contract.
    The 31-year-old arrives at the Amsterdam Arena on a free transfer after departing Vitesse last term.
    Graafland will strengthen Martin Jol's options between the sticks after reserve shot-stopper Kenneth Vermeer tore his Achilles tendon in training, leaving him facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
    "I was already considering amateur football because nothing came my way at the end of last season," Graafland said on Uefa's official website.
    "When Ajax phoned me, I thought that I had to grab the chance with both hands.
    "My goal at Ajax is to start enjoying football again because I haven't done that for the past two years."
    Graafland began his career with Feyenoord, but made all of his 85 league outings for SBV Excelsior between 2000 and 2008.