Thread: Latest Transfer Stories 16-09-10.

Uploads

Cool Latest Transfer Stories 16-09-10.

Zhirkov told to stay put

Blues boss insists Russian is not leaving

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has dismissed suggestions that Russia international Yuri Zhirkov will be allowed to leave the club.
    The left-sided ace moved to Stamford Bridge last year when Chelsea paid CSKA Moscow just short of 20million.
    He featured in 17 league games last term, but that was mainly due to an injury to Ashley Cole, and this season he has only played in the Community Shield.
    Zhirkov's lack of action has seen him linked with a move back to Russia, but Ancelotti insists he will not be sold.
    "I don't need to speak with him about the future," said Ancelotti, who will start with Zhirkov against MSK Zilina on Wednesday night.
    "That is because his future is here with Chelsea. He is a good player.
    "He knows in this club, in the top teams, there is a lot of competition to play and for this reason, he has to improve.
    "But I think that he will have the possibility to play a lot of games this year, because we are involved in a lot of competitions. We need to have all the players fit and ready to play."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Stories 16-09-10.

Edwards signs new Wolves deal

Midfielder delighted with new contract boost

Wolves midfielder Dave Edwards has signed a new long-term deal at Molineux.
    The Welsh international has signed a three-year deal with the option of a fourth year to keep him at Wolves until 2014.
    The 24-year-old was delighted to pledge his long-term future to the club and admits it provides him with a real confidence boost.
    "Wolves are a good club for keeping the squad together and offering deals to players working as hard as they can," Edwards told the club's official website.
    "We've been in talks for quite a while and it's a great confidence booster to feel wanted.
    "Hopefully I can repay that."
    Edwards is the latest player to commit his long-term future to Wolves recently following new deals for Matt Jarvis and George Elokobi.

Uploads

Young Gunner inks contract

Teenager midfielder Henderson signs deal extension

Arsenal have announced that youngster Conor Henderson has signed a contract extension with the club.
    The Irish midfielder has yet to make an appearance for the Gunners' first team, but has impressed for their Under 18s side.
    Henderson has also featured for the reserves while he was named in the first-team squad for April's trip to Wigan Athletic.
    The 19-year-old will likely be hopeful of being utilised by manager Arsene Wenger in Arsenal's Carling Cup game against Tottenham on 21st September.

Uploads

Hernandez not leaving Palermo

Uruguayan starlet to see out season with Rosanero

Abel Hernandez's agent has ruled out the Uruguayan starlet leaving Palermo before the end of the season.
    The 20-year-old has been linked with Premier League giants Arsenal along with a host of clubs around Europe recently.
    However, Hernandez's agent Vincenzo D'Ippolito insists all the talk regarding a possible move away from the Rosanero is premature.
    D'Ippolito cannot deny there is interest in his client, although he knows Palermo are not looking to sell and that means he will not be changing clubs in the January transfer window.
    Premature

"Abel is young. He's just 20. Certainly this year we've allowed him to be quiet. In the future we'll see," D'Ippolito told Tuttomercatoweb.
    "Arsenal? These things are a bit dated. Everyone likes the guy, especially in Italy. But now it's premature to talk about the market.
    "Of course, there is always interest, also from Germany, but the guy is fine in Palermo.
    "Will he move in January? I'm ruling it out. Palermo are not interested in talks because they consider Hernandez non-transferable."

Uploads

Vaughan open to extension

On-loan Everton striker happy getting game time at Selhurst Park

Everton striker James Vaughan admits he would be open to an extension of his loan spell at Crystal Palace.
    The 22-year-old switched from the Toffees to Selhurst Park on a three-month loan deal to get more playing time.
    But - after marking his home debut with a hat-trick in Tuesday night's 4-1 win over Portsmouth - the striker says he would be happy to stay on as he is loving life with the Eagles.
    Vaughan said: "I was pushing to come out and play some games.
    "At the moment it's paying off and I want to push on and get some more games.
    "If Palace want to keep me and Everton want to let me stay, it's out of my hands so I'm going to see where it takes me and keep enjoying my football.
    "It's a great club, there's great quality in the squad so I don't see why not."

Uploads

Marchisio wants Juve stay

Midfielder in no hurry to sign contract extension

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has denied he wants a move away from the Turin giants.
    The 24-year-old has yet to agree a new deal with The Old Lady admitting that he is no hurry to sign a contract extension.
    Marchisio has been at the club since his youth although his future looked bleak when he was sent out on a season-long loan at Empoli three seasons ago.
    However, he soon was recalled by then manager Claudio Ranieri - making an immediate breakthrough to the first XI.
    Recently appointed coach Luigi Del Neri is hoping Marchisio will commit to the Bianconeri, but the Italy international claimed 'he was worried about his future' on social networking site Facebook.
    Marchisio has since apologised for those comments and claims he is not interested in moving clubs.
    Marchisio told La Gazzetta dello Sport: "I am not fed up with Juve. I am not looking for another experience. And I'm angry because things have come out that aren't true.
    "I might have made a mistake in writing that phrase, but Facebook is only an instrument to stay in touch with the fans.
    "I repeat: I want to go and meet the club and stay here because I am bound to Juventus. And I know that Juve are bound to me."

Uploads

Juhasz extends Anderlecht stay

Centre-back happy in Belgium

Defender Roland Juhasz has extended his contract with Anderlecht until 2014.
    The 27-year-old centre-back was a reported summer target for Former Aston Villa target but the Hungary international has tied his future to the Belgian club.
    "I'm happy that we could agree" he told the club's official website.
    "I feel good here in Brussels where we can fight for the title and the cup year by year, what's more we're involved in Europe too. I'd like to say thank you to the club and to our supporters for their trust."
    Club manager Herman Van Holsbeeck was delighted Anderlecht could keep Juhasz at the club.
    He said: "It's very important for the club that Roland continues his career with us. He's a real leader and has an attitude that should be followed. He's a role model for the youth players."
    Juhasz, who has made over 50 caps for his country, was also linked with a big move to Bayern Munich, who began their Champions League quest with a 2-0 win over Roma on Wednesday.

Uploads

Bhoys seal striker deal

Loan switch agreed with Mexican club for Ruelas

Celtic have agreed a deal with Santos Laguna for striker Gustavo Ruelas, according to the Mexican club.
    The two clubs agreed a co-operation agreement earlier in the year and as part of that Celtic have now sealed a loan deal for Ruelas.
    Santos have announced that the 19-year-old is now set to travel to Scotland to finalise the move, which will see him head to Celtic Park until the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal.
    Ruelas has already talked with fellow Mexican Efrain Juarez about the move.
    "He [Juarez] is a good person and he is aware of everything and fortunately he speaks English," Ruelas said.
    On his move he added: "I'm very happy, I am a little rushed with the news as overnight I have been told I am going to another club."
    Ruelas, who has been called up by both Mexico and USA's youth squads, joined Laguna in 2006 after previously playing for MLS side Chivas.

Uploads

Houllier admits Owen interest

New Villa boss keen on reunion with former England forward

New Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier has confirmed his interest in working with Michael Owen again.
    Houllier, who will officially begin work at Villa Park next week, has been linked with a swoop for the Manchester United forward after sealing his own switch back to England.
    The French tactician worked with the former England striker for six years during their time together at Liverpool and the new Villa chief has not dismissed the chances of a reunion.
    "He has always been in my thoughts," Houllier Canal+.
    "I like him (Owen), as a player and a man."
    Houllier also dismissed suggestions that Owen, 30, was no longer capable of producing goals at Premier League level.
    "I went to Liverpool on September 4 for Jamie Carragher's testimonial, and I saw Michael play a half of football," he said.
    "He still has the legs for it."
    Future

Houllier's comments come on the same day as Owen revealed that he could be growing increasingly discontented with life on the bench at Old Trafford.
    "You can only do your best and prepare and train well, so that you are ready when the manager calls on you," said Owen.
    "After that, it's up to the manager who he chooses.
    "It sounds easy, but probably the most difficult thing is not playing for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden getting called up and being mentally and physically right to perform well.
    "At the end of the season, I'll look and think, 'Was I happy with the amount of games I was available for?', 'Did I score enough goals in the games when I played?' and 'Did I play well enough in those games?'
    "You look at highlights of the season, did we win anything, things like that. But I wouldn't put any goal or appearance totals out there because, at a club like this, you never know when the manager is going to use you."