Thread: Latest Transfer Stories 07-10-10.

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Stories 07-10-10.

Forlan - Come and get me

Atletico hot-shot admits he will move on if right offer comes in

Forlan: Would move on

Atletico Madrid hot-shot Diego Forlan has admitted he will move on if the right offer comes in.
    The 31-year-old was seen as a flop while at Manchester United but has re-established his reputation by knocking in the goals for club and country.
    The striker won a second European Golden boot award for netting 32 goals in the 2008-9 La Liga season, while he led Atletico to victory over Fulham in the Europa League last term.
    On the international stage, the Uruguay striker was voted player of the World Cup after helping the unfancied South Americans to the semi-finals in South Africa.
    Following these exploits he was linked with a move to Spurs but remained in Spain, although the striker admits he will move on if the right deal comes in for both himself and Atletico, where he is under contract for three more years.
    He told Sky Sports News: "If I have the chance to go, I will go. You know, it's like I always say, when I came here to Europe it's because I left my home and I left everybody so I'm not attached to a team.
    "(You look at) the best offer you have and if you have a chance and it is good and it is good for the team and it is good for you, I don't see it as bad, I see it is good and I will move."
    But he admitted that no offers have come in yet for his services.
    "It's just the papers. Never, never until now, they never sent any of them (offers)," he said.
    "The papers say things but at the moment I am here, I have a contract with the club and there's nothing else to say."
    But he did not rule out a return to the England, despite waiting eight months to score his first goal and spending much of his time on the bench for Manchester United from 2002-4.
    "Everybody says things, that maybe you don't want to go back," he said.
    "The time I had in England was great and I enjoyed it and if I had the chance to go back I would be really happy."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Stories 07-10-10.

Jol - Everton wanted Vertonghen

Belgium international interests Prem clubsAjax manager Martin Jol has revealed that defender Jan Vertonghen could have made a switch to Everton last summer.

The 23-year-old stopper, who can also play in midfield, has recently been linked with a move to Arsenal after some impressive performances for the Dutch outfit.
    Jol is not surprised by the speculation and admits that the Toffees have previously been in for the Belgium international.
    "Everton (were interested) but Jan knows he is better with us," Jol told NuSport.
    "We have over 4.5million fans. Jan is clever and would only leave the club if he is completely ready for a top European team.
    "There were doubts by foreign clubs for a long period on whether he would be quick enough, but that's no longer an issue."
    On the Vertonghen speculation and goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg being linked to Manchester United, Jol added: "I have received these signals. It's not strange those clubs want them."
    Ajax currently sit second in the Dutch Eredivisie and their next game is against NAC Breda on 16th October.

Uploads

Diarra - Play me or lose me

Real Madrid midfielder reveals frustration at lack of action

France midfielder Lassana Diarra has warned Jose Mourinho he wants more games with Real Madrid.
    The 25-year-old has only played four matches, two as a substitute, in the Spanish top-flight this season under new boss Mourinho.
    The former Portsmouth player, currently at France's training camp ahead of Euro 2012 qualifiers against Romania and Luxembourg, sought to play down transfer speculation last month.
    But he has now clearly come out to warn he wants playing time.
    Draw conclusions

He said: "I only play once every two matches. I obviously want to play more and if I am not satisfied, I will draw the conclusions.
    "I am not at Real to watch the games. I want to play."
    Manchester United are reported to be among the sides prepared to make a bid in January to land the France international if he decides to move on.
    But he will not come cheap - reports in Spain suggest Real would want around 24million (20m) for the player once the transfer window reopens.

Uploads

Jelle not set on Wolves

Van Damme hints at January exit

jelle van Damme has admitted he could call time on his Wolves career in January after talks with Mick McCarthy.

The Belgium international only arrived at Molineux in a 2.5million deal from Anderlecht in the summer but has struggled to adapt to life in England.
    The 26-year-old admitted last week that he was finding it hard to settle with his heavily pregnant wife still in their native country.
    Van Damme, who has been hampered by injuries during his short spell in the Premier League, hinted that he could be prepared to move back to Anderlecht.
    Leave

McCarthy has since held discussions with the left-back and the player claims that he could be allowed to leave when the transfer window reopens.
    He told Belgian paper Het Belang van Limburg: "The coach asked me - if you had the chance to return to Anderlecht, would you do it?
    "I have answered, yes.
    "If we conclude in January it won't work between Wolverhampton both sides could leave as good friends."
    Decision

Anderlecht supporters were singing Van Damme's name in the wake of their Jupiler League defeat by Standard Liege last weekend.
    But the defender insists that will not encourage him to return and despite his troubles he does not regret the move to the Premier League.
    He added: "I have heard something about that, but this won't change my situation at all.
    "Am I sorry I left? Sorry is a big word. At a certain moment Anderlecht and I made a decision."

Uploads

Atletico plan Aguero stay

Argentina star could extend Atletico contract

Atletico Madrid are preparing to secure star striker Sergio Aguero on a new and improved long-term contract.
    The Argentina international is tied to the Vicente Calderon outfit until the summer of 2012, in a deal the club now want to extend.
    President Enrique Cerezo wants Aguero contracted for an additional three seasons along with offering to improve the 22-year-old's salary.
    However, the superstar's buy-out clause of 60million (52.2m) will remain unchanged.
    Reports in Spain suggest Aguero's new deal could be in place and signed before December.
    Aguero has regularly reaffirmed his love for Atletico stating: "I'm happy at Atletico and my challenge is to help the club win titles."

Uploads

Rangers close on Kerkar

Free agent heads back to France to help tie up Gers switch

Rangers' potential new signing Salim Kerkar is tying up the loose ends to complete his move to Scotland.
    The 23-year-old has been training with the SPL champions since August after being released by Guegnon over the summer.
    But the Algerian midfielder has returned to France in a bid to help complete the switch to Ibrox.
    Assistant manager Ally McCoist told the club's official website: "Salim is going over to see his old club to try to move things on because we have so far been unable to get things finalised.
    "We have been seeking some confirmation from them on a couple of issues but have not had the information we need.
    "So he will head back there to try to get things moving and then come back and join the training again and hopefully we can get a deal done.
    "He is a lad who is shaping up well. He is a nice lad but more importantly he has a good left foot and I think our fans will enjoy seeing him."

Uploads

Guardiola dodges Fabregas talk

Camp Nou boss confident champions will overcome slow start

Fabregas: Future rumours continue

Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola has refused to be drawn on his continued interest in Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas.
    The defending Primera Liga champions had a bid for the Spain midfielder rejected in the summer, with a reported fee of 29million failing to meet Arsene Wenger's valuation.
    Barcelona instead signed Argentina's Javier Mascherano from Liverpool, but that has not stopped rumours of a renewed pursuit of Fabregas, who is currently recovering from a hamstring injury.
    Fabregas is thought to remain keen to return to the Camp Nou, where he began his youth career, but Guardiola does not want to comment on the speculation.
    The Barcelona boss laughed to Sky Sports News when asked about the subject: "It's a good question. Goodbye."
    It is understood that Barcelona want Fabregas to add a creative edge to their midfield from a deep-lying position to compliment the more advanced roles of Xavi and Andres Iniesta.
    Struggle

Mascherano has failed to make a significant impact in that role since arriving from England as he has been mainly used as a substitute since leaving Anfield.
    His new team-mates have also struggled to click into their trademark style so far this season and they sit in fourth position in the league and three points behind leaders Valencia.
    But having guided Barcelona to back-to-back titles after succeeding Frank Rijkaard in 2008, Guardiola is confident his team will be competing at the business end of the campaign.
    "Barcelona have a good team," he said. "But Barcelona can lose.
    "It is OK. We are going to be fighting at the end of the season.
    "I think we are playing well and will keep going and at the end we will see who is the best."