Thread: Latest Transfer Stories 09-10-10.

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Stories 09-10-10.

Ibrahimovic sets up trial

MIlan star sports youngster in his own back garden

Ibrahimovic: Organised trial

AC Milan have handed a trial to Swedish prospect Erik Kristjansson after he caught the eye of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
    Kristjansson is the son of Ibrahimovic's builder and whilst he was working on his house, he had a kick-about with the Milan star.
    Having impressed the Swedish international, he organised a trial for the youngster who plays for Limhamn Bunkeflo.
    "Zlatan came out and said, 'How would you like to try playing for Milan?'," the player's father Gisli Kristjansson told The Local.
    "We said, are you joking, and he said it was no joke. We couldn't believe it. It's like a fairy tale.
    "I'm a bit nervous, but football is Erik's life and as a father, how could I say no to an opportunity like this."
    The 16-year-old admits he is nervous about his trip to Milan.
    "My life is football and this is the chance of a lifetime," he told the newspaper.
    "I don't know when I'm coming home. Hopefully never."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Stories 09-10-10.

Rovers loan out Clark

Teenage midfielder joins Sheffield FC

Last updated: 9th October 2010

Doncaster midfielder Robbie Clark has joined Sheffield FC on an initial one-month loan deal.
    The teenager currently finds himself on the fringes of the first-team fold at the Keepmoat Stadium and has made just one appearance for Sean O'Driscoll's side this term.
    As a result, it has been decided that he would be best served taking in a spell with a side who can offer him regular action.
    Sheffield, the world's oldest club, are only too happy to take the youngster on board, as they have endured a tough start to the season.
    They are currently languishing in the lower reaches of the Evo-Stik First Division South and will welcome the addition of Clark to their ranks.

Uploads

Interest in Aabech

Agent dismisses Liverpool link

Lyngby striker Kim Aabech is being chased by clubs in England, Germany and Holland, according to his agent.
    The 27-year-old striker has been with Lyngby since 2005 and has emerged as one of their prized assets,
    Aabech, who looks to play behind a main striker, is now being looked at by a number of clubs.
    Liverpool were one of the clubs mentioned in Denmark, but his agent Frank Hansen is not taking that too seriously.
    "I've read that [Liverpool's interest] but they are probably just a tad too big, but there is great interest in Kim," Hansen told Tipsbladet.
    "There are two Danish clubs that have asked about him, and there are clubs in the Championship, and in Holland and Germany who are considering him."

Uploads

No contract rush at Hannover

Fromlowitz linked with Chievo; Pogatetz out for three weeks

Hannover are in no rush to discuss contract extensions with players despite reports linking first-choice goalkeeper Florian Fromlowitz with a move to Chievo.

Serie A outfit Chievo are rumoured to want to sign Fromlowitz on a free transfer when his current deal at AWD Arena expires in June 2011.
    But the 24-year-old admits he would be prepared to sign an extension with Hannover and it would therefore be expected that his club would be eager to complete negotiations.
    However, general manager Jorg Schmadtke does not think there is reason to panic regarding the situation of Fromlowitz and other squad members whose futures are uncertain.
    Headache

Schmadtke told BILD: "We have some players with expiring contracts. We have not yet spoken to anyone about an extension of such deals.
    "We are not going to do silly things in this matter."
    Fromlowitz said: "I will always discuss my future at first with Hannover. I can imagine signing a new deal with the club."
    Meanwhile, Hannover are facing a defensive headache following the news that Emanuel Pogatetz is likely to be sidelined for three weeks with a thigh injury.
    The former Middlesbrough defender told BILD: "I am very disappointed about the news. I have the intention to be back in training as soon as possible."

Uploads

Pato admits Barca dream

Milan ace only has eyes on Barcelona

Pato: Barca dream

AC Milan star Alexandre Pato insists the only club he would leave the San Siro for is Barcelona.
    The Brazilian striker has long been linked with a transfer to England, with speculation suggesting he could move next summer.
    His former Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti - now at Chelsea - is a confirmed fan, but the most recent reports have suggested that Roberto Mancini's Manchester City are ready to splash the cash.
    But now Pato has insisted that he would target a move to Barcelona, if he did leave Milan.
    "I am honoured by City's interest, but I am a Milan player and I'm happy here," Pato said.
    "If one day I do leave Milan, I'd like to wear the Barcelona jersey. I think I'd only leave Milan for Barcelona."
    Reports in Italy claim that Barcelona have already secured an option on Pato, as part of the deal that took Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Milan in the summer.

Uploads

No Wolves interest in Sissoko

Lopez speculation is also inaccurate, according to Hoeness

Wolfsburg managing director Dieter Hoeness has described reported interest in Juventus midfielder Mohamed Sissoko and Catania forward Maxi Lopez as 'rubbish'.
    Former England boss Steve McClaren made more than 30million worth of changes to his inherited squad in the summer and, after a disappointing start the season, more moves are expected in January.
    Former Liverpool man Sissoko is still rumoured to be a 7.9m target, despite his agent dismissing the speculation, and Italian newspapers have stated that talks are taking place with Catania about ex-Barcelona player Lopez.
    Hoeness, though, insists that this is not the case and is adamant that there has been no dialogue with either of the players.
    "We are not in touch with any of these players. This is pure rubbish," Hoeness told Wolfsburger Allgemeine Zeitung newspaper.
    Wolfsburg had been without a win in the first weeks of the Bundesliga campaign before they picked up three straight victories prior to last weekend's 1-1 draw with Borussia Monchengladbach.

Uploads

Gomez wants Bayern future

Germany international compares himself to Edin Dzeko

Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez insists he wants to remain at the club, despite a poor run of form.
    The Bundesliga champions have made a stuttering start to the campaign and the 25-year-old forward has yet to sparkle at the Allianz Arena since his move from Stuttgart in 2009.
    Gomez hints that he is not enjoying his football with the German giants, but is keen to get back on the goal trail for Bayern.
    He told TZ: "I would like to remain at Bayern. But I also want to enjoy my profession as a striker.
    "If you ask me today, I would like to say I am guessing I am going to remain at Bayern Munich."
    Gomez compared himself to Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko, who has been linked with a number of Europe's top clubs after impressive form in recent seasons.
    The Bayern man insists that Dzeko is merely the flavour of the month and is adamant that he will get back to his best and prove the doubters wrong.
    "Dzeko is a magnificent player," he added. "Last season he scored more goals than I did, but in the last three years overall I have scored as many goals as he did.
    "In terms of Dzeko, people feel he is a world-class striker. In terms of me, they say I am a failure in front of the goal.
    "We have similar strengths and weaknesses, we fail to score and we score goals. But the public image is totally different."