Thread: Dm 800 hd - (usals)

Uploads

Dm 800 hd - (usals)

Hi all,

I just bought a DM 800 hd (Replacing the dm500) because i wanted HD channels and
    the image that's on it is gemini.

I pluged it altogether to the motor dish and hd tv etc.... but i'm struggling to get USALS working??

I've put in the long and lat numbers to where i live and it can only pick up 0.8w but the signal is only 48/51%, it won't pick up any sats or move the dish. I then put back the dm500 and usals is working like a treat picking the sats i have pre-installed and moving the dish.

I then hooked the dm 800 to the sky dish and set to single dish and it pick up all of 28.2 and signal is 80%. So can anyone help me why its working on sky dish but struggling on usals on my 1m motor dish..

Many thanks for taking time to read this and help me with usals

Uploads

Re: Dm 800 hd - (usals)

Not being funny but only (6 people) viewed this post and no one wants to help. I've been with site for 5 years and thought its the best till now. I've also posted the same message on different fourm sat sites and people are helping me out, getting to the bottom of my situation. So sat television get a grip and help others out like other sat fourms are.

Did you put same logitude and latitude as in your 500? I use the 'Simple tuner configuation' and press ok after changing coordinates.

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by springer View Post
    Did you put same logitude and latitude as in your 500? I use the 'Simple tuner configuation' and press ok after changing coordinates.
    Yep same as the dm 500 and still no joy.

What channel list are you using? And you tried playing around with the Longitude, altering it by 0.5 increments at a time?

Uploads

no channel list at the mo but playing around with longitude like you said with 0.5. Let you know hoe got on!!

Uploads

Ok Dreambox helpers. Sorry been away for two days, got kids and its hard to do both ( sat stuff and them) at the same time. Got some free time now.

NOW my question is I just been swinging on my house roof to check dish and motor, Everything is ok, been tested with sat meters and nothing wrong with the system. I tried my echolink HD7020 on usals and its working, tried my echolink 3020 and its working and i tried my DM500 with usals and again working very well. I tried the dm 800 Hd and nothing, it does not want to move dish what so ever..... What i've done is setup tv and box in the bedroom where i can see dish and i ran a short cabel from motor to box through the window and when i tried moving dish i can hear (click click click - No movement on motor) I'm thankful for the people who has posted to say try this and that but no JOY. I even downloaded a channel list and still No movement.
    Can someone give me some pointers on what to do because when i setup single fix dish on the sky dish with the DM800HD - BOOOOOOOOM - I have strong signal 86% or where the big dish is poniting it will work......................................

Taking another shot........are you using the power supply supplied with the DM800 or the old DM500 one?

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by springer View Post
    Taking another shot........are you using the power supply supplied with the DM800 or the old DM500 one?
    Alright Springer......

Yes i have used and tried both power supply and still the same......