Thread: Latest Transfer Stories 06-11-10.

Arrow Latest Transfer Stories 06-11-10.

Grella never wanted to leave

Midfielder still hoping to make his mark at Ewood Park

Vince Grella insists he never wanted to leave Blackburn and is delighted to have been given a second chance.
    The Australian midfielder came close to packing his bags over the summer when Rovers agreed a fee with Turkish giants Galatasaray.
    However, that deal collapsed and Grella found himself sticking around at Ewood Park.
    He has been able to force his way into Sam Allardyce's plans on a more regular basis of late and hopes he can nail down a place in the matchday squad.
    Having seen his time in England disrupted by niggling knocks, Grella is determined to steer clear of the treatment table for the foreseeable and prove his worth to the Rovers supporters and his boss.
    "Obviously after not showing what your true potential is, you always want to stay and prove people wrong," the 31-year-old told the Lancashire Telegraph.
    "There are a lot of people who have probably thought that it was a waste of time and money to bring me here, so I'm always trying to change that around.
    "I still have another year's contract. I would like to see that out and then we'll see where we go from there.

Re: Latest Transfer Stories 06-11-10.

Smith - McGregor not for sale

Gers boss has no intention of losing any of his players

Rangers boss Walter Smith has played down speculation linking goalkeeper Allan McGregor with a move to Manchester United.
    Scotland international McGregor has been mooted as a readymade replacement for United's veteran keeper Edwin van der Sar, who turned 40 last week.
    United chief scout Martin Ferguson was reportedly sent to the Mestalla in midweek to watch McGregor in action against Valencia in the UEFA Champions League.
    SPL leaders Rangers finalised a deal with the keeper's understudy Neil Alexander until 2013 on Thursday - potentially clearing the way for McGregor to move to Old Trafford.
    However, Smith insists he would not welcome any big-money bids as he has no intention of losing any of his players.

Aquilani happy at Juve

Midfielder settled in Turin but no deal has been struck with Liverpool

The Italian midfielder returned to his homeland over the summer on a season-long loan deal from Liverpool.
    He struggled to make an impact at Anfield during an injury-hit 12-month stay and was quickly moved on by Roy Hodgson once he was named Reds boss.
    Juventus took a gamble on the Italy international, snapping him up on a deal which includes the option to make the move permanent at the end of the 2010/11 campaign.
    He has played a prominent role for the Turin giants so far this term and has expressed his pleasure at feeling wanted again.

Cleo in dark over Reds talk

Striker not reading too much into transfer speculation

Reports have suggested the Reds are considering a move for the Brazilian striker as they bolster their attacking options in the January transfer window.
    However, Cleo, who has scored against Arsenal in this season's Champions League, is not reading too much into the speculation.
    "Liverpool? I heard something about this story... Well, I actually read about it on the internet," Cleo told Blic.

Pulis plans Pennant bid

Potters boss suggests winger could make move permanent

The winger joined the Potters on a short-term deal from Real Zaragoza on deadline day and is due back in Spain in the New Year.
    However, having made a positive impression at the Britannia Stadium, Pulis is hoping a deal can be struck to bring the 27-year-old back to England on a full-time basis.
    He believes Stoke can provide Pennant with the perfect platform on which to rebuild his career, in much the same way as they helped Matthew Etherington rediscover his best form following his arrival from West Ham in January 2009.
    Pulis told The Sentinel: "I wouldn't say Jermaine is on trial here, he is too good a player to say that.
    "I have been really pleased with him and impressed with his attitude in training.

Sneijder - No going back

Dutch playmaker has no intention of returning to Real Madrid

Wesley Sneijder insists he will never return to Real Madrid, despite Jose Mourinho's best efforts.
    The Dutchman endured a troubled two-year spell with the Spanish giants between 2007 and 2009, during which time he was unable to hold down a regular role.
    With the Real hierarchy not regarding him as a big enough name to fill their 'Galacticos' policy, he was moved on to Inter Milan.
    His first season in Italy, the 2009/10 campaign, proved to be a resounding success as he helped inspire Inter to an unprecedented Treble.
    Sneijder admits Mourinho, the then Inter coach, helped to bring the best out of him and he has nothing but admiration for the Portuguese coach.

Pulis cools Lucas links

Stoke chief has not contacted Reds boss Hodgson

Stoke boss Tony Pulis has played down rumours linking him with a move for Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva.
    Recent reports have suggested the Potters are weighing up a bid for the Brazilian when the transfer window reopens in January.
    Stoke were linked with Lucas in the last transfer window, but the player remained at Anfield.
    However, speculation over his future refuses to go away with the midfielder yet to establish himself as a regular in Roy Hodgson's plans.
    Pulis has denied making any enquiries about Lucas, claiming he has not held any discussions with Hodgson since he took over at Anfield.
    "I haven't spoken to Roy since he went to Liverpool," Pulis told the Stoke Sentinel.

Redknapp confident of Bale stay

Spurs boss once feared Welshman was 'too nice and too soft'

Harry Redknapp is confident that he will be able to keep hold of Gareth Bale even if Tottenham fail to qualify for next season's UEFA Champions League.
    The winger has shot to prominence over the past fortnight after two dazzling performances against reigning kings of Europe Inter Milan.
    Bale, 21, scored a hat-trick against the Italians in a 4-3 defeat at the Giuseppe Meazza before he tore Brazil right-back Maicon to shreds in a 3-1 win on Tuesday.
    The whole of the continent is now taking notice and Inter have been linked with a bid, but reports suggest Redknapp is to offer the Wales star a bumper new contract.
    Tottenham's manager said in his column in The Sun: "It doesn't worry me, it's great. Spurs are being noticed and one of our players is getting the whole of Europe talking.