Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Stories 08-11-10.

Arrow Latest Transfer Stories 08-11-10.

Holloway's Adam admission

Pool boss realistic over keeping star

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway has conceded he is resigned to losing star midfielder Charlie Adam in the future.
    Adam has been Blackpool's stand-out performer in their debut campaign in the Premier League with a number of eye-catching performances attracting admiring glances from rival clubs.
    The Scot's future has been the subject of speculation in recent weeks because of a legal dispute with the club over bonuses from last season and Holloway believes one of the country's top clubs will come calling for Adam.
    "As long as Charlie keeps his mind on football - which he will do as he loves playing - and I keep picking him because he trusts me, then there's not going to a problem," said Holloway.
    "Whatever happens, happens. It's out of my hands.
    "I've got some brilliant players, I want them to be successful, and being successful is looking after your family and earning the right amount of money your play deserves. If I can't give them that, then they'll go with my blessing.
    "There will be a time when Charlie needs to go - unless we're in a position where Charlie should play - which I think is one of the top four teams.
    "I honestly believe he is that good. I think one of them will buy him one day. If not they might nick him, because we have a bit of a technicality - if that happens, what can I do? Nothing, so we get on with it."

Re: Latest Transfer Stories 08-11-10.

Foxes take duo on trial

Pancrate & Miller handed Leicester chance

Leicester City have handed trials to Fabrice Pancrate and Michael Rensing as Sven Goran Eriksson looks to bolster his squad.
    Pancrate is available on a free transfer after being released by Newcastle at the end of last season, while goalkeeper Rensing left Bayern Munich in the summer.
    Eriksson has been impressed by the pair during their time at the Walkers Stadium as he weighs up offering deals to the duo.
    "They have been very good in training," Eriksson told the Daily Mirror.
    "Pancrate is a very quick winger, while Rensing is a very big goalkeeper."
    The Foxes are also thought to be trying to sign West Brom forward Ishmael Miller on loan.
    West Brom are considering loaning out Miller now he has recovered from a long-term thigh problem and Eriksson has admitted talks are ongoing about possible loan additions.
    "Talks are going on so we will see what happens, but something must happen rather soon," added Eriksson.

Bruce - Angeleri has future

Black Cats defender yet to make debut for the club

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce insists defender Marcos Angeleri still has a future at the club despite a difficult start.
    The 27-year-old right-back made the switch to the Stadium of Light for 1.5million during the summer but has yet to make an appearance for the Black Cats.
    Angeleri has been struggling with injury and reports have suggested he could make a Wearside exit sooner rather than later.
    However, Bruce believes the Argentina international will begin to flourish once he regains full fitness and settles in England.
    "He had a serious knee injury which he was just getting over as we signed him last year. He then rocked his knee a bit against Benfica in pre-season, which didn't help," he told The Journal.
    "He's probably only just starting now. It would be very premature to write him off. South American players need time to settle in, as I have always said.
    "Look at Maynor Figueroa at Wigan. I signed him and he didn't play for a year. It is so different for South Americans when they come here.
    "They understand that as well, I think Marcos does. Of course he's disappointed. He'd like to play, like they all do, but there's been no need to rush and change anything up.
    "Look at someone like Phil Bardsley. He has reacted well to his signing and we've offered him a contract this week."
    Angeleri spent eight years at Estudiantes as a pro before his move to Sunderland and is rumoured to be considering a return home.

Kranjcar wants to play

Midfielder happy at Spurs, but may have to consider future

Niko Kranjcar insists his priority is to stay at Tottenham Hotspur, but concedes he may have to consider his future if he does not start to play regularly.
    The Croatian midfielder started his first game of the season in Saturday's 4-2 defeat at Bolton Wanderers after previously making just five substitute appearances for Spurs.
    The form of Gareth Bale has prevented Kranjcar, who joined Spurs in 2009 from Portsmouth, from establishing himself in his customary position on the left-hand side of midfield.
    Kranjcar is happy at White Hart Lane, but the 26-year-old acknowledged that a lack of regular first-team football would leave him feeling 'empty'.

Buffon rejects exit rumours

Juve play down goalkeeper's absence from team photo

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has once again dismissed reports that he could join Manchester United at the end of the season.
    Buffon has yet to play for Juve this season after undergoing back surgery in the summer and he did not turn up for an official team photograph last week.
    His absence from the photo call prompted fresh rumours that the Italy international could be ready to end his nine-year association with Juve.
    However, after rejecting the notion that he could move to United last month, the 32-year-old has again stressed there are no developments regarding his future.
    "Manchester United? I am used to living with these rumours, people have been speaking about this for six years now, but nothing has happened," he told Tuttosport.

Bayern won't rush Bastian

Nerlinger confident talismanic midfielder will pen fresh terms

Bayern Munich are confident Bastian Schweinsteiger will pen a new contract and insist they will not be forcing the issue.
    The midfielder revealed on Saturday that he would not be pressurised into agreeing fresh terms just because club and international colleague Philip Lahm had done so.
    With his current contract at the Allianz Arena set to run until 2012, he knows there is no rush to sit down and thrash out a deal.
    Bayern are happy to follow that lead for now, with general manager Christian Nerlinger optimistic regarding the club's chances of tying Schweinsteiger down on a long-term basis.
    "In regard to Bastian, the most important thing for us is that a new contract is signed," he told the club's official website.

Mata poised for new deal

Los Che winger set to sign long-term extension

Valencia winger Juan Mata is poised to sign a new long-term contract with the club until June 2015.
    The 22-year-old Spain international moved to Los Che in 2007 after progressing through the ranks at Real Madrid, and has become a leading player for the club.
    Mata has been negotiating a new deal for some time and is thought to have earned an increased salary at the Mestalla.
    It is also reported that the left-sided attacker has a minimum-fee release clause in his contract worth 35million (30.2m), which has been reduced from an original figure of 60m (51.8m).
    Mata's father and agent, of the same name, has hinted that the deal is on the verge of being agreed.
    He said: "The kid is happy in Valencia and the club believe he is a leader in the team."
    Valencia have made a good start to their Primera Division campaign and face a difficult trip to Sevilla on Monday evening.

Zaha delight at Palace deal

Striker pleased by progress at this stage of career

Crystal Palace teenager Wilfried Zaha admits it is a 'dream come true' to have signed a long-term contract with the club.
    Zaha has been a regular in the Championship strugglers' side this season, scoring once in 14 appearances in all competitions.
    He has been tipped for a bright future by George Burley and the Eagles boss revealed last month that talks had started regarding a new contract.
    The 17-year-old has now signed on until 2015 and he is delighted with the progress he has made at such an early stage of his career.
    "I am delighted to be signing this deal and it is just another highlight of my first season as a first-team player," Zaha told the club's official website.
    "This has all happened so quickly as I have gone from playing in the academy to then signing this new contract. It is a dream come true.
    "Me and my family are all based in Croydon and it's great to be part our local club and getting games in the Championship at my age.''

Harry backs Bale focus

Redknapp insists star unfazed by speculation

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp insists man of the moment Gareth Bale will not be distracted by speculation over his future.
    Bale has been earning rave reviews at home and abroad after two dazzling performances against European champions Inter Milan in the UEFA Champions League in recent weeks.
    The likes of Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid have been credited with an interest in the Wales international along with a host of other top clubs.
    Redknapp reiterated Spurs have no plans to sell the former Southampton starlet and that they are looking to build the team around Bale.
    "If someone comes in and offers something crazy you never know do you?" Redknapp told Sky Sports News.
    "But he is certainly not a player we want to sell. We are looking to build a team and he is a massive part of that."

Payet's Reds link rejected

St Etienne have no plans to part with young midfielder

St Etienne have rejected claims that young midfielder Dimitri Payet could be on his way to Liverpool in January.
    The Reds have been linked with a transfer window swoop for the 23-year-old France international as Roy Hodgson looks to bolster his squad.
    With Damien Comolli having left the Ligue 1 side to become director of football strategy at Anfield, speculation that Payet could be on his way to the Premier League has intensified.
    But Les Verts insist they have no plans to part with any of their players midway through the season and instead will be looking to bolster their squad.
    "Liverpool have not contacted us," St Etienne co-president Roland Romeyer told France Football.
    "We have built a roster for the season. There will be no departures during the winter transfer window. Should there be any movement, it would be the other way.
    "Depending on injuries, for example, we could sign a player. But this is only a theory."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast