Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with tm2600 motor please.

help with tm2600 motor please.

Hi i have recently brought a tm2600 motor to fit to my tm5400 receiver. can anybody please point me in the right directions in how to install this motor. any help greatly appreciated.

Uploads

Re: help with tm2600 motor please.

It didn't come with installation instructions???? Can you be more specific in what you need to know?

hi thanks for your comments. my main concern was regarding the following points: 1) For London which is the best satellite to aim at for initial setup. 2) What info do i need to input into my TM5400 receiver. 3) Is it best to use USALS or DISECQ or does it not matter? Any useful info would be greatly appreciated as i am hoping, weather permitting, to make a start in the next few days. Thank you.

Uploads

there is a very good on utube

Uploads

You probably need to start with Thor/Intelsat @ 1W. Dishpointer.com is your friend! I personally would use USALS for a simple install. Once you lock onto your initial satellite, it will know where all the others are with USALS. On the receiver, you just need to set your motor type to USALS, put in your lat/long for your location. Read your receiver manual.

Thank you for your reply. I will give it a go in the next few days and let you know the result. All the best.

Today i have managed to connect my motor. It took a couple of hours to finally get it working properly but it was WORTH it. You need a lot of patience . I am now able to go from TURKSAT at 42 EAST to HISPASAT at 30 WEST. I recommend that you have a friend or relative to give you a hand. I had my cousin helping me to hold the motor and dish in place while i was tightening the nuts and bolts. For those of you who have a TM5400 SUPER receiver i will, in the next few days, make a list of some useful tips that i used to set up my TM5400. Regards.

Uploads

do you get the sat badr 26e ???????????

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zanny24 View Post
    Today i have managed to connect my motor. It took a couple of hours to finally get it working properly but it was WORTH it. You need a lot of patience . I am now able to go from TURKSAT at 42 EAST to HISPASAT at 30 WEST. I recommend that you have a friend or relative to give you a hand. I had my cousin helping me to hold the motor and dish in place while i was tightening the nuts and bolts. For those of you who have a TM5400 SUPER receiver i will, in the next few days, make a list of some useful tips that i used to set up my TM5400. Regards.
    Glad you got it up and running. It just takes practice and experience, it should go much faster next time around.

Thanks to ebbhead for telling me to use USALS instead of DISECQ. If i had used DISECQ i could have spent the rest of my life looking for the satellites. The difference is that with USALS it will automatically locate the satellites for you. With DISECQ you need to find the satellites manually one at a time and then save them. I used USALS and entered my location LATITUDE as 51.5 NORTH and LONGITUDE as 00.1 WEST ( for LONDON). I then sent the dish to look for THOR at 1 WEST. I had already checked the motor was at 0 position before moving the dish. When the dish stopped i did not get a picture or any signal from THOR. Then i only just touched the dish and hey presto BBC WORLD NEWS channel appeared. So i then just tightened the dish and then did a scan to make sure i was on the right satellite. This was ok. I then sent the dish to HOTBIRD and got RAI UNO straight away. I then went back to THOR to check if it was still there and it was. I managed to get all the satellites that i was looking for. I was unable to get a couple of satellites like BADR at 26 EAST but i think this is because my dish, 60 CM, is too small. I personally think that once you have entered LAT and LONG in your receiver and made sure that the motor is at 0 position you then send it to a satellite like THOR. When the dish stops if you dont have a signal try to adjust the dish until you get a picture and then tightened the dish up securely. Always read the receiver and motor instructions for help. I found them to be very helpful. Remember it can take time to get it right but like me you can do it in the end. Regards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast