This page was copied from Duwgati's site with his permission:
Enjoy, Bill & the funFiles Team.

It's not my intention to offer you a complete guide with all the tips and tricks of the trade. I merely want to hand you the basic know how to getting WallBanger up and running. The rest is up to you. And please do not email me, asking what use it is. If you don't know you're definitely not up to it (yet).

All keys in this sample have been edited, so they represent no actual/real keys. If you have a valid subscription, you have valid keys on your MOSC. Retrieve those keys with a suitable software program. You will need them for input in WallBanger.

What will you need:
- a CAM, suitable for the type of coding system that you want to log
- a logger interface
- valid management keys
- WallBanger
- a PC with a good functioning free COM port
(Especially the COM port is the biggest cause of problems in case of logging through serial communication)

OK, got it all?? Let's go then:
- switch your receiver to standby mode
- put your logger interface in the desired CAM (no card in the logger interface)
- start WallBanger

As soon as WallBanger is running, you will see this screen down here (WallBanger 3.56).
The left column is the menu column. To the right you see the status screen.

I am going to explain the WallBanger basics, using a Seca log session.
So click on the "Mediaguard" button in the menu column.
This is how your screen will look:

Click "Settings" and check your COM port settings.
These settings down here work fine for me:

If all the settings are OK, then press that button.
Now, from the menu column choose "Providers".
Select the provider for which you have a valid subscription, and therefor the valid management keys.
Now click "Edit".

You will see pop up the configuration screen for the provider settings.
As you can see, the PBM is pre-filled with a standard value. Just leave that for now.
Fill in the PPUA from your original provider smart card.
Click the tab "Keys(00-07)" and fill in all the corresponding MKxx keys from your MOSC.
You can even fill in the secondary keys through tab "Keys(10-17)".
Now click OK.

Now press "Connect" in the menu column.
Notice the line change to "Disconnect".
WallBanger is now in standby mode, waiting for input from the receiver (logger).

Switch you receiver on.
Click the "Log" icon in the status screen, just next to the " i ".
You will see the log window opening.
In the log window check the options "Log New Keys", "Log Instructions" and "Emoticons" at the bottom.
Choose the log option "All Data".

If the communication works, you will see the logged data in the log window on the right. Every command (called Nano) from the receiver will be answered by the card. If the answer is OK, you'll get a thumbs-up, if not you'll get a thumbs-down.

If the communication will not start, start looking at your serial communication, because it's almost certain that your COM port is causing the problem. Serial communication is a very critical process which often seems to cause trouble. To make certain (or rule out), just get another PC. Preferably another mark/type.

As soon as the new operational keys from the provider are decrypted, you will have a picture on your TV and you will see the result in your log window and your status screen.

In the status screen, green markers will show up, as well as the newly received operational key.

Your log window will now show almost exclusively thumbs-up signs for all answers from the card.
If you have read the Seca page in the chapter Coding Systems, you know that code "90 00" as you can see in the log window several times, means that the response from the card was OK'd by the receiver. In other words, the receiver was satisfied with the answer it got from the card (the logger in this case).

At the bottom of the log window you can see some more details of the successful communication.

WallBanger creates a log file for every log session you start. As soon as the operational keys are received, a second log file is created, containing all details regarding the valid management keys and the operational keys that were received through the use of the management keys.

Then there is a import- and export function for saving the information to disk or reading a file which you can easily create with Notepad for instance. If you want to know how the structure of such a file should look, just fill in some imaginary keys and use "export" to write the file. If you are in Seca mode, a file "MGuard.key" will be created. Open it in Notepad and see for yourself how the structure looks.

Have fun (and success) with logging.