Thread: Motor elevation

Uploads

Motor elevation

I have had my dish installed in my back garden for about 6 years now and used it over the last few years with my Tech 5400 with no probs, I have not used it for awile but I now have a new stb vu+ duo and I find that 15.8 has a weak signal, I know there are probs with this sat. I decided to try and tweak my motorised setup and I notice that the elevation scale on the motor is set to 58 degrees this is for Aberdean I believe, I am in Manchester and this should be 53 degrees so it looks like the dish elevation is being used to compensate. What effect would this have on signal strength and tracking please?

Uploads

Re: Motor elevation

If your elevation setting is off, you're not going to get a good signal (or any signal at all). Also you might want to steer it right at 16E rather than 15.8, though its very minor difference. How is your signal on other sats?

Uploads

Thanks for your reply ebbhead, I have bitten the bullet and bought a 1.1 mtr dish and a Tecnomate TM 2600 Super I have it all assembled and ready to put on the mast and set up, I will do it tomorrow now as watching the footy, I do get a reasonable signal off the other sats,at the moment on a 1 mtr dish, the motor shaft does have some play in it, it's the footy on tring I want I believe it is on 15.8, I have tweaked the dish on this sat and it is just watchable. There is a scale on the motor and it is set to 58 degrees I am at 53.4 degrees but not sure if the scale is accurate.

Hi i recently installed a TM2600 motor to my TM5400 receiver. my motor elevation is set to 39 degrees for London, i am at 51.5N. I get perfect signals and pictures from 16 EAST with a 1m dish. If your motor elevation is set to 58 degrees i think it is incorrect. Check your motor instructions as it will tell you the elevation to use for your location. Regards.