1. Unpack the tools zip file to Desktop
2. Plug the smargo into a USB port on your PC.
3. Windows will detect the new device.
4. Do a manual drivers install , pointing to the Drivers_Windows folder.
5. It will prompt for drivers for the USB device , then again for the serial device.
OK, the drivers are installed
Make sure the smargo is plugged into the PC with NO viewing card in it.
Firstly, we need to check the smargo firmware version, so run the SmartreaderUpdate.exe
If the firmware is v1.4 it will say so in the status bar at the bottom of the window and you can close this util,
if not, click the update button and it will apply the update.
CHANGE PORT COM NUMBERS
on your pc
in device drivers > PORT COM & LPT >
you have a new interface : USB Serial Port com (com xx) xx it's a port number
right click > propriety > port setting > advanced >
change : COM Port number