Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 23-02-11.

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 23-02-11.

    Latest Transfer Update at 23-02-11.


    Tevez - linked with Manchester City exit.
    MANCINI ADMITS TEVEZ UNCERTAINTY

    Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini admits he cannot be sure how long Carlos Tevez might stay with the club.
    Reports this week quoted Tevez's representative Kia Joorabchian as claiming the Argentina striker - who netted his 50th goal for City in Sunday's 5-0 FA Cup fourth-round replay victory over Notts County - would be happy to rejoin Brazilian side Corinthians, a move he was confident he could seal for his client within the next couple of years.
    Tevez's current deal with City runs until the summer of 2014 and asked if he felt keeping hold of the club captain would be a problem, Mancini said: "I don't know this.
    "I'm happy for Carlos because he has scored 50 goals for Manchester City and I hope he can continue to score, but in football it is impossible to know what will happen in the future. I hope Carlos can continue to play here."
    Mancini insisted he was not concerned by the speculation and that his focus was on City's remaining fixtures this season, starting with the Europa League last-16 second leg against Aris Salonika on Thursday night.
    "At this moment, I am worried only about the game, not about other things," the Italian said.
    "I am worried about the championship and the cups. For the moment Carlos is here, he plays for Manchester City.
    "He is important, but in the squad there are more than 20 players who are all important.
    "It is normal when you have a striker like Carlos, or Mario (Balotelli) or (Edin) Dzeko, that it is important they play. But I don't know what will happen next year."
    Ahead of the clash with Greek outfit Aris, with whom they drew 0-0 in the first leg, City have been hit by the news that goalkeeper Shay Given could be out of action for three months with a shoulder injury.
    Given is seeing a specialist about the problem today and Mancini expects the Republic of Ireland international will require surgery.
    "Shay has this problem in his shoulder and I think he needs three months to recover," Mancini said.
    "He has the same injury that he had last year and I think that he needs an operation."
    Given also damaged his shoulder in April, which prompted City, whose current first-choice stopper Joe Hart was playing for Birmingham on loan at the time, to sign Marton Fulop on an emergency temporary deal from Sunderland for their final three games of the 2009-10 campaign.
    Mancini hopes he will not have to do something similar this time, with Stuart Taylor available as back-up for Hart and the manager considering recalling David Gonzales from his loan spell at Leeds.
    Balotelli is fit to play despite suffering a clash of heads in the game at the weekend, while Shaun Wright-Phillips is also in contention again having been sidelined with a back problem.
    Micah Richards has picked up what appears to be a calf injury, though, so will not feature and James Milner (hamstring), Nigel de Jong and Adam Johnson (both ankle) remain in the treatment room.

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 23-02-11.

    Silva - happy at Manchester City.
    SILVA REJECTS MAN CITY EXIT TALK

    David Silva has rubbished rumours he is homesick and has struggled to settle into life at Manchester City.
    Reports surfaced over the weekend claiming the 25-year-old playmaker was considering a return to Spain following his move from Valencia last summer.
    But, speaking at a promotional event in his role as a tourism ambassador for his native Gran Canaria, Silva insisted the quotes were not his.
    The World Cup winner joined City on a four-year deal and insists he is happy in England.
    "I was as surprised, as anyone else here, to have read those reports," he said.
    "I do the odd interview with Spanish press but I have never come out with these quotes that may or may not have been attributed to me.
    "My initial reaction was surprise, but as I have said before, I am happy to be here and I find myself very much at ease with life here.
    "The thing about a big city like Manchester is that people respect your space. They leave you to get on with your life.
    "In Spain, people can get on your back and maybe live the game more. Here it's nice to go out and chill in the city."
    Silva had to wait until September before establishing himself in City's starting line-up but has since shone playing behind top scorer Carlos Tevez.
    And while he admits it was difficult to adjust to his new surroundings early on, he feels his recent form is a fairer reflection of what he can offer.
    "The help of my team-mates and all the people at the club has helped my settling-in period go so smoothly," he added.
    "It was difficult to begin with, but I was not quite 100 per cent fit because I missed part of pre-season due to my late arrival from the World Cup.
    "There were also a couple of international friendlies that involved long journeys which interrupted me getting into shape. I didn't have the time then, but since then I think the form has started to come through for me."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 23-02-11.

    Pep Guardiola - new Barcelona deal.
    GUARDIOLA SIGNS NEW BARCA DEAL

    Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has put pen to paper on the new contract which will keep him at the Nou Camp until the summer of 2012.
    The 40-year-old, who prefers short-term contracts, agreed the deal with Barca earlier this month and will have been at the helm of his boyhood club for four years by the time it expires.
    "This morning, (club president) Sandro Rosell and Pep Guardiola signed the contract that will guarantee the services of the FC Barcelona manager until June 30, 2012," the club said in a statement.
    Since taking over in 2008, Guardiola has already won eight titles with Barca - the side widely regarded to be the best in the world at the moment.
    Barca are currently five points clear at the top of the Primera Division standings, through to the final of the Copa del Rey and in the last 16 of the Champions League, where they trail 2-1 to Arsenal after the away leg.

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 23-02-11.

    Ramsey - will return to Arsenal.
    WENGER WANTS RAMSEY TO RETURN

    Arsene Wenger has confirmed Aaron Ramsey will return to Arsenal rather than extend his loan spell at Cardiff.
    Ramsey is working his way back to full match fitness after suffering a double leg break in Arsenal's game away to Stoke 12 months ago.
    He has yet to feature for the Gunners since the injury and, following a loan spell at Nottingham Forest, the midfielder has spent the past month at former club Cardiff.
    Bluebirds boss Dave Jones had been hoping to extend the Wales international's loan, with Ramsey having scored in Tuesday's win over Leicester.
    However, Wenger says Ramsey will return to the Emirates Stadium after Cardiff's game against Hull on Saturday and could play in the FA Cup fifth round replay against Leyton Orient next week.
    "He is on loan until Saturday," Wenger told the club's official website. "After that he comes back.
    "He could be available for the second game against Leyton Orient on Wednesday.
    "I have had good reports from Cardiff and I intend to use him. He could not play last Saturday because he had a little hip problem and we demanded that he rest.
    "I think he will play this Saturday again and then we will see if he comes through that game well. After that he is available for Arsenal."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 23-02-11.

    Ahmed Elmohamady - hopes for Sunderland deal.
    ELMOHAMADY WANTS SUNDERLAND DEAL

    Egyptian winger Ahmed Elmohamady remains hopeful that he will seal a permanent move to Sunderland.
    The 23-year-old joined the Black Cats on a season-long loan from ENPPI, with a view to a 2.5million move in the summer.
    Elmohamady has featured in 18 Premier League games so far this season and has impressed throughout - even attracting attention from rival clubs.
    He remains focused on sealing a deal in the summer, and told the Sunderland Echo: "I like everything here - the people and the players - and I hope I can sign a new contract in the summer.
    "I think I'll be a better player here next season, too, with more games. I'll have learned a lot by then.
    "I've had a great time here at Sunderland. There's been no problems, everything here is perfect.
    "The football is very different to how it is in Egypt.
    "The Premier League is the best league in the world. It's quick and strong."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 23-02-11.

    Benni McCarthy - could join Sheffield Wednesday.
    OWLS WANT TO SIGN WEST HAM DUO

    Sheffield Wednesday have made an audacious bid to sign West Ham United duo Benni McCarthy and Herita Ilunga.
    The duo are only on the fringes of the first-team picture at Upton Park and the Hammers are willing to let them go.
    South African striker McCarthy has not started a league game this season, whilst left-back Ilunga has been pushed out by Wayne Bridge's arrival.
    Now League One Wednesday, courtesy of new owner Milan Mandaric's financial backing, are looking to land both players on loan.
    "We are trying to get both players in and the two clubs have been in dialogue for a few days," confirmed manager Gary Megson.
    "We are facing a battle to convince them to drop two divisions but we are asking the questions."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 23-02-11.

    Ancelotti - Roma dream.
    ANCELOTTI STILL HAS ROMA DREAM

    Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti admits being coach of former club Roma remains just a dream.
    The under-fire Chelsea boss is being strongly tipped to take charge at the Stadio Olimpico this summer.
    The Serie A outfit have just parted company with coach Claudio Ranieri and appointed the hugely inexperienced Vincenzo Montella in his place.
    Montella insisted he is not a caretaker just keeping the managerial bench warm for Ancelotti - but reports in Italy insist the Chelsea boss will be taking charge of the Giallorossi come the summer.
    But Ancelotti insists that he remains committed to Chelsea, telling Mediaset Premium: "Coaching Roma. For the moment it remains a dream.
    "It's my dream and I've always said this, but for the moment it remains so.
    "I feel good here (at Chelsea)."
    Ancelotti spent eight years with Roma during his distinguished player career and has been in charge at Stamford Bridge since 2009.

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 23-02-11.

    Arca - wants Boro contract talks.
    ARCA COULD STAY AT BORO

    Julio Arca has not given up hope of staying with Middlesbrough should the club offer him a new contract.
    The midfielder, 30, is out of contract in the summer and Boro boss Tony Mowbray has admitted that he could not see the club being able to afford to keep him.
    Arca, though, insists he is enjoying life so much under Mowbray's new regime that he would be happy to consider an offer to stay at the club.
    "I am of course interested to stay at Middlesbrough and am happy to open talks with the club about a new contract," Arca told skysports.com.
    "It would be great to be here for the next two of three seasons and to hopefully help the club to get back to the Premier League which is what the manager and the chairman want."
    Arca admits that Mowbray's footballing philosophy is very much in keeping with his own play.
    "My form has improved since the new manager came here, we play passing and attacking football now which suits my style of play," he said.
    "I am enjoying training and I am really enjoying playing football again, I think that I am getting close to my best form again."
    Arca was linked with Wolves and West Brom, whilst Wigan are also understood to have made contact with Boro in January.
    The 30-year-old former Sunderland star admits that if he did leave The Riverside then he would prefer to remain in England.
    "I still have a lot of football left in me and I only just turned 30 two weeks ago. Sometimes people think I am older because I have been playing in England for a long time now," he said.
    "Hopefully I will be playing my football with Middlesbrough, if not then I am open-minded about staying in England.
    "I've been in England for 10 years and I like it here, I like the mentality, I like the way that we play football over here and the supporters and the people are great."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 23-02-11.

    Marcel Schmelzer - extends Dortmund deal.
    NEW DEAL FOR SCHMELZER

    Borussia Dortmund have extended the contract of full-back Marcel Schmelzer until 2014.
    The 23-year-old, who started his professional career with the Westphalian club in 2005, has played every single game for Jurgen Klopp's side this season and made his debut for the German national team in their friendly international with Sweden last November.
    "I am really delighted to have reached an agreement with Dortmund since I never had any doubt that Borussia Dortmund was the place for me," he said on the club's website.
    Dortmund's director of sport Michael Zorc added: "With Marcel Schmelzer, we have tied down to Dortmund, long term, another important player for the future planning of our team."
    Last October, Dortmund extended the contract of Mario Gotze until 2014 while Mats Hummels is expected to extend his current deal beyond 2013 in the near future.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 23-02-11.

    Martin Skrtel - happy at Anfield.
    SKRTEL DENIES WOLFSBURG INTEREST

    Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has insisted that he wants to stay at the club and denied any interest from Wolfsburg.
    The Slovakia international has been an ever-present this season at centre-back in the Premier League for the Reds, making 27 appearances and scoring one goal.
    Despite being a mainstay in Liverpool's backline, Skrtel has come in for criticism due to some lacklustre showings.
    Although since Kenny Dalglish took the reins following Roy Hodgson's dismissal he has looked a stronger player.
    Wolfsburg, who recently sacked former England coach Steve McClaren and sold star striker Edin Dzeko to Manchester City, are reported to be keen on landing the uncompromising 26-year-old.
    However Skrtel, who moved to the Reds from Zenit St Petersburg in January 2008, insists he is happy at Anfield and has no intention of moving on.
    "I have learned about the interest of Wolfsburg only from the internet and don't even know how true this news is," said Skrtel, who has three-and-a-half years of his contract left to run on Merseyside.
    "One thing is for sure, though - I have a valid contract with Liverpool, I am happy there and if they are happy with me, too, I am not going anywhere."
    Skrtel was introduced for the final six minutes of Liverpool's dour goalless draw with Sparta Prague in the Europa League on Thursday, but was happy with Dalglish's decision not to play him from the start.
    "It was the manager's decision not to have me in the starting line-up and I fully respect it. I didn't try to find out why he had decided that way," Skrtel continued.
    "The manager changed the defensive system to three centre backs late in the game as we expected Sparta to send long balls out to (Leonard) Kweuke and (Tomas) Pekhart."
    He was also positive ahead of the second leg at Anfield on Thursday, believing that his team have more than enough to make it to the last 16.
    "He took down one striker and sent me on, out of which it was clear we did not want to concede a late goal to keep it 0-0. I think this result is good for us for the second leg, but we need to be more offensive," he added.
    "I believe that we will score some goals and advance. We had expected the long winter break to show on Sparta, but it did not show on their game and they could have won.
    "From Sparta I was impressed most by Kweuke, who is strong on the ball and in my eyes he was their best player."

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-11.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-02-2011, 11:03:40
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 21-02-11.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-02-2011, 15:08:08
  3. Update Latest Transfer Update at 20-02-11.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-02-2011, 11:28:52
  4. Update Latest Transfer Update at 19-02-11.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-02-2011, 12:16:37
  5. New Latest Transfer Stories 07-11-10.
    By >Pixy< in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 00:30:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •