Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 02-03-11.

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 02-03-11.

Latest Transfer Update at 02-03-11.

Manuel Neuer - wanted by Bayern Munich.
    VAN GAAL DECLARES NEUER INTEREST

Bayern Munich boss Louis van Gaal has added extra spice to Wednesday's DFB-Pokal semi-final with Schalke by openly declaring his interest in Manuel Neuer.
    The Dutchman wants the Schalke goalkeeper to compete for the number one spot at the Allianz Arena with current first choice Thomas Kraft.
    Van Gaal has put his faith in Kraft ahead of veteran Hans-Jorg Butt since the winter break, but has warned the youngster to accept strong competition for his place next season or leave.
    "I think we could do with Manuel Neuer," he said in the Bild newspaper.
    "A top team needs two top players in every position - in goal is no different. If Kraft can not accept this, then I recommend he leaves."
    Neuer has long been linked with a move to Bayern, with his contract with the Royal Blues running until 2012. Kraft's deal at Bayern expires at the end of the season and he has so far reportedly been unable to agree a new deal.
    Neuer brushed off Van Gaal's comments as mind games ahead of the match.
    "That is only a little trick before the semi-final," he said.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 02-03-11.

Forster - manager until the end of the season.
    FORSTER LANDS PERMANENT POST

Brentford have named Nicky Forster as their permanent manager until the end of the season following Tuesday night's 1-1 draw at home to Notts County.
    Forster and coach Mark Warburton have steered the Bees to four wins and two draws since taking over on a temporary basis from Andy Scott last month.
    The appointment now leaves Forster with a dilemma ahead of his side's Johnstone's Paint Trophy final against Carlisle at Wembley on April 3.
    Forster, who has never played at the stadium, said: "First and foremost I'm delighted to have been given the chance to manage Brentford.
    "I've always said that you can't do both jobs but if you're asking would I be tempted to come on at Wembley all I'll say is let's see."

Uploads

Didier Drogba - does not want to leave Chelsea.
    DROGBA NOT SEEKING CHELSEA EXIT

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba claims he has everything he dreams of at Stamford Bridge and has no desire to leave.
    The 32-year-old, who joined the Blues in 2004 from Marseille, has been linked with a return to France since the 50million arrival of Fernando Torres from Liverpool in the winter transfer window.
    But Drogba, who is under contract with the Barclays Premier League champions until 2012, does not harbour any ambitions to ply his trade elsewhere.
    "I have everything I dream of at Chelsea," the Ivorian said on French television channel Orange Sport.
    "I'm at a great club with extraordinary team-mates, in a perfect life for my family.
    "A few years ago, I could say 'I dream of playing for AC Milan, Real Madrid, Manchester United'. However, today I no longer feel the need.
    "I'm at one of the best clubs in the world. These desires left me long ago."

Uploads

Lee Bowyer - summer decision.
    BOWYER TO DECIDE ON PLAYING FUTURE

Lee Bowyer will decide in the summer whether to continue playing after being told he will not be offered a new contract by Birmingham.
    The 34-year-old midfielder helped City to win the Carling Cup by beating Arsenal at Wembley on Sunday.
    But Bowyer already knew before the final that his days at St. Andrew's were numbered.
    He believes he can play on for two more years but will quit if he no longer enjoys the game.
    Bowyer said: "We will see what happens in the summer.
    "I am still hungry, I think I have got another couple of years and then...I don't know.
    "But, if next summer I wake up one day and I suddenly feel like I don't enjoy it, that will be it."
    Bowyer was hoping to extend his stay with Blues for another 12 months but is adamant personal disappointment will not affect his commitment for the remainder of the campaign.
    He said: "I thought they might give me another year, when it was brought up.
    "They just said 'no'. They just said 'we're not prepared to offer you anything yet'. Basically a 'no'.
    "It won't alter the way I play. I always give my all. I'm the same, no matter where I have been.
    "I don't think anyone who I have worked with, or a fan, could say that they have never seen me give 100%.
    "That's the way I am, the way I play and train."

Uploads

Leon Osman - rated by David Moyes.
    MOYES RULES OUT OSMAN SALE

Everton manager David Moyes is adamant that he would never consider selling Leon Osman or Tony Hibbert.
    Osman has not been certain of first-team football at Goodison Park this season, but has earned more opportunities since the sale of Steven Pienaar and impressed in Saturday's win over Sunderland.
    The versatile Hibbert has found it even more difficult to feature in the current campaign and has made just 11 appearances to suggest that he is not a prominent part of Moyes' plans.
    But, ahead of Tuesday night's FA Cup meeting with Reading, Everton's manager has dismissed suggestions that he could offload the pair in the summer.
    Moyes told the Daily Post: "We've never given up on Ossie.
    "As long as I'm here, Ossie will be here - and Tony Hibbert - as long as they want to be here.
    "They know what the club's about. They know what's required and they know what I'm about and from that point of view I think they're really important."

Uploads

Randy Lerner - looking to cut wage bill at Villa.
    VILLA REVEAL 37M LOSSES

Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier admits part of his remit is to help find a "better balance" between the club's hefty wage bill and the turnover of the club.
    Villa are targeting "managing" escalating wages while remaining competitive on the pitch after suffering losses of more than 37million for the year ending May 31, 2010.
    The midlands club saw wages increase to almost 80million last season - an increase of 9million and they now account for 88% of the club's 90million turnover.
    But Villa are confident they will comply with UEFA's 'financial fair play' regulations by the time they are fully in force by the beginning of the 2013-2014 campaign.
    They relate to clubs living within their means, something Villa insist they are striving to achieve despite the backing of American owner Randy Lerner who has invested more than 200million.
    Houllier said: "First of all, it (the money he has put in) shows how much Randy cares for the club.
    "He didn't come here just to try to borrow money and do things. He put in money himself.
    "The club has grown and is now the 20th club in Europe in terms of earning power.
    "We probably need at the same stage to have a better balance between the salary (wage bill) and the turnover of the club.
    "This is also part of my mission. It won't be done overnight, it will be done gradually and we've got a great academy as well.
    "We want to maximise the potential of our academy and the facilities here are made for players to grow and improve."
    Sources close to Villa point to the considerable initial financial outlay Lerner had to make when taking charge of Villa four and a half years ago, including a totally redeveloped training ground at Bodymoor Heath.
    But a big focus for the forthcoming years is to harness staying a force on the field in the Barclays Premier League whilst having a club which can stand on its own two feet.
    The aim is not to reduce the number of quality players at Houllier's disposal but to ensure there is no excess baggage in terms of having players on sizeable wages who make little meaningful contribution.
    In January John Carew, Steve Sidwell, Stephen Ireland and Curtis Davies - four high profile players on substantial wages who have made minimal impact at Villa this season - were off-loaded.
    Carew and Ireland made temporary moves to Stoke and Newcastle while Sidwell and Davies were sold to Fulham and Birmingham respectively.
    Sources also point out that having an owner like Lerner is not akin to recent situations at Manchester United and Liverpool where massive loans were taken out against the two clubs.
    Lerner's total equity at the club stands at 115million and loans of 90million.
    Villa received 52million from television revenue while matchday turnover was 24million and commercial income 14.4million.

Uploads

Johnny Russell - new deal at Tannadice.
    TERRORS TYRO RUSSELL PENS NEW DEAL

Dundee United prospect Johnny Russell has signed a two-year contract extension.
    The fresh terms will keep the promising forward at Tannadice until May 2014.
    Terrors boss Peter Houston is pleased to have tied the 20-year-old down on a new deal.
    He told the club's official website: "I'm absolutely delighted that Johnny has agreed to extend his contract at Dundee United.
    "He has made a big impression since breaking into the first-team and I am now looking for him to continue the hard work to ensure he adds consistency to his game and continues to improve for the benefit of both himself and the club over the duration of this contract.
    "It's great to see yet another young and improving player who wants to remain at the club longer term and once again, it shows the club's emphasis on nurturing and utilising its own youth system products."

Uploads

Chris Kirkland - staying at DW Stadium.
    KIRKLAND'S BLUEBIRDS MOVE OFF

Chris Kirkland's proposed loan move to Cardiff is off.
    City boss Dave Jones targeted the Wigan goalkeeper after his No 1 Tom Heaton suffered a groin injury and David Marshall was told he needed surgery on his elbow.
    But the deal is off reportedly because Kirkland - now third choice at Wigan behind Ali Al Habsi and Mike Pollitt - is unwell.
    Latics boss Roberto Martinez did not reveal details but said: "The deal won't be going ahead. Kirkland is staying at Wigan."
    Championship promotion challengers Cardiff are hoping Heaton will beat his injury in time to take on Ipswich at the weekend.
    The Bluebirds' third-choice keeper Jordan Santiago is also struggling because of a broken finger.

Uploads

Robbie Blake - turned down Norwich loan move.
    ROBBIE BLAKE SNUBS CANARIES MOVE

Bolton forward Robbie Blake has turned down the chance of a loan move to remain at the Reebok Stadium.
    A number of clubs had enquired about the 34-year-old, who has dropped down the pecking order, with npower Championship high-fliers Norwich the most notable.
    However, Blake is determined to work his way back into the squad, having been omitted entirely against Newcastle last weekend.
    "I didn't want him going out on loan," said manager Owen Coyle.
    "I made him aware that numerous clubs had asked about him and the biggest one was Norwich.
    "Robbie is an integral part of the group and he wants to stay and fight for his place.
    "That's brilliant because he is a big part of what we are doing at the club."
    Coyle told the Bolton News: "We have real competition for places in the forward areas. I was delighted with his answer that he wants to stay and battle for his place.
    "He is loving his time at Bolton."

Uploads

Jean Tigana - submitted resignation.
    TIGANA RESIGNATION REJECTED

Bordeaux coach Jean Tigana claims he is as motivated as ever to continue in the role after his resignation was rejected.
    Les Girondins confirmed that they have not accepted the 55-year-old's offer to stand down, which came with the club only just in the top half of the Ligue 1 standings.
    "Jean submitted his resignation, which we of course rejected. We started a project and an adventure with him and we wish to complete it with him," said Nicolas de Tavernost, president of French television group M6, who own the club.
    "To make things very clear and precise, we remind everyone that he has the sole responsibility of the professional team. We are pleased with this outcome."
    And Tigana, who replaced Laurent Blanc at the helm in May 2010, believes things will be better now he knows he has the "full trust of everyone".
    "I offered my resignation because I thought I was holding the club back," he said. "I cannot be a hindrance.
    "I am one of the coaches who likes to move forward.
    "Jean-Louis Triaud and Nicolas de Tavernost showed me that I was not holding the club back and we could continue to work together.
    "I am always motivated to lead Les Girondins - even more now that I have full trust of everyone."
    Tigana, whose side relieved some of the pressure with a 3-0 home win over Auxerre on Saturday, added: "After the match against Lorient [5-1 defeat on February 19] and some difficult games, I had a doubt. But that is in the past and we must go to the next game."
    Asked if the doubt could have any effect, he replied: "Not at all. Instead, once things are clarified, it is much better."
    Tigana's contract expires in summer 2012 and club president Triaud has not ruled out an extension.
    He said: "At the moment, there remains a year and a few months to run. So why not three, why not four? We will see according to the desires of Jean. We will [first] try to finish the current season well."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast