Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 03-03-11.

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 03-03-11.

Latest Transfer Update at 03-03-11.

Manuel Neuer - reported to interest Man Utd.
    SCHALKE: MAN UTD WANT NEUER

Schalke have claimed Manchester United are keen on goalkeeper Manuel Neuer and "would have to look into details" if there is a firm enquiry.
    The Red Devils are expected to be in the market for a new keeper in the summer when Edwin van der Sar retires.
    Germany international Neuer has been mooted as one of the candidates to replace Van der Sar at Old Trafford after impressing in recent seasons.
    He is under contract to Schalke until 2012 and the Bundesliga club are determined to hold on to the 24-year-old.
    However, Schalke's resolve could be tested in the summer after the club's chief executive Clemens Tonnies claimed an agent has declared United's interest in Neuer.
    "I have been approached by an international player agent, he gave me information about Manchester United being keen on Manuel Neuer," Tonnies told BILD.
    "We would have to look into the details if we were to receive a written enquiry from Manchester."
    If United decide Neuer is their top target to replace Van der Sar, they are likely to face fierce competition for his signature from Bayern Munich.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 03-03-11.

Kwadwo Asamoah - Man City interest claimed.
    ASAMOAH AGENT CLAIMS CITY INTEREST

The agent of Udinese midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah has claimed his client is a target for Manchester City.
    The 22-year-old Ghana international has attracted the attention of several European clubs with fine performances with Udinese this season.
    "I cannot deny that there are several clubs interested," said agent Claudio Vagheggi to Firenzeviola.it.
    "Manchester City? It's true but they are not the only ones interested in Asamoah. Fiorentina were among the first to show an interest in the player.
    "But we have decided not to speak about Udinese's transfer market right now because it is premature.
    "Udinese's strategy is to focus on the season right now.
    "If the team continues to do so well and perhaps reach an important goal by the end of this season, then, Asamoah is likely to remain."
    Asamoah is valued at 30million euros by Udinese and is under contract with the Serie A outfit until June 2014.
    Udinese, who hammered Palermo 7-0 in Sicily last weekend, are fifth in Serie A, one point behind Lazio, who hold the last Champions League qualifying spot.

Uploads

Mbia - would like to join Manchester United.
    MBIA SETS SIGHTS ON MAN UNITED MOVE

Stephane Mbia admits he is hoping to use Marseille as a stepping stone on his way to joining Manchester United.
    The Cameroon midfielder has been regularly linked with a move to England in the past, with a host of clubs reported to have expressed an interest.
    He remains in France for now, and recently penned a contract extension at Marseille which will keep him at the club until 2014.
    Mbia is not planning to stick around at Stade Velodrome for long, though, as he harbours ambitions of one day turning out for one of Europe's most glamorous sides.
    "I want to go as high as possible," the 24-year-old told L'Equipe.
    "First I want to do well at Marseille, so my performances will one day send me to a club like Manchester United.
    "Real Madrid are also an attractive side, but the club of my dreams is Manchester United.
    "I feel fine at Marseille for now, but you have to have ambition."
    While Mbia is already planning his exit from Marseille, Copenhagen full-back Oscar Wendt is among those hoping he will soon be on his way in.
    The Sweden international is among those to have been touted as a possible replacement for Taye Taiwo, who is expected to leave in the summer, and he admits he would welcome a switch to Ligue 1.
    "I have read that Marseille are interested in me, but no-one has made direct contact as yet," Wendt said in L'Equipe.
    "If they did get in touch, of course I would listen carefully to what they have to say.
    "I will only make a decision on my future, though, once we have been eliminated from the Champions League.
    "I do want to play in a better league than the one in Denmark.
    "I have been here five years and had an amazing time, but now I want to experience a new challenge at a bigger club in a better league.
    "Ligue 1 is definitely a possibility."

Uploads

Alexis Sanchez - set for Udinese exit?
    UDINESE RECEIVE BIG BID FOR SANCHEZ

Udinese have received a bid of around 30million euros (25.4million) for Alexis Sanchez, according to chairman Franco Soldati.
    The Chile forward, 22, scored four goals in his side's 7-0 win over Palermo at the weekend.
    "Somebody has already proposed a figure close to 30-35 million euros, but I can not say who," Soldati told Sky Italia.
    "In any case, the player is attracting interest in Italy and abroad, in England."
    Sanchez first moved to Udinese back in 2008 and has become an increasingly important member of their first team.

Uploads

Danny Wilson - disappointed to be leaving Swindon.
    DANNY WILSON QUITS SWINDON

Danny Wilson has resigned as manager of League One Swindon.
    Wilson led the Wiltshire side to the play-off final last season - but a run of three points from the last 33 available has left Swindon in the relegation zone this time around.
    Wilson said: "After conversations with the chairman (Andrew Fitton), where the club's current performance and current league position were discussed in detail, it was agreed that offering to resign would allow the board an opportunity to appoint a new manager while there are still sufficient games left this season for the club to be able to pull clear of the relegation zone.
    "Maintaining League One status has to be the priority for everyone.
    "Naturally, I am bitterly disappointed to be leaving Swindon, especially after last season's success, but I know football is a results-driven game, and unfortunately in the past two months the results have just not been good enough."
    Fitton said: "Unfortunately this season we have not enjoyed the consistent playing success that we all anticipated and our current league position makes for uncomfortable reading.
    "Therefore, following discussions with Danny during the last 24 hours, he offered to resign from his position, acknowledging that the appointment of a new manager should inject a fresh momentum that will pull the club out of the relegation zone.
    "I cannot thank Danny enough for his contribution to the club's playing fortunes but more importantly for the very professional manner in which he has conducted himself over these discussions. He leaves The County Ground with his head held high.
    "The club will be announcing a replacement for Danny within the next 24 hours. It will be a proven, senior manager whose prime responsibility will be to ensure our League One survival by the end of the season."

Uploads

Martins - uncertain of his future.
    MARTINS UNSURE OVER BIRMINGHAM FUTURE

Birmingham's Carling Cup final hero Obafemi Martins admits he has no idea what the future holds for him.
    Martins, currently on loan with City from Rubin Kazan until the end of the season, guaranteed himself a place in Blues' history by scoring the winner in Sunday's shock 2-1 win over Arsenal.
    However, the 26-year-old Nigerian striker has been told by Rubin coach Kurban Berdyev that he must return to Russia in May at the end of his loan.
    City do have an option to make the move permanent for a fee of around 5million, although Berdyev maintains no formal offer has yet been received.
    Martins, who helped Blues secure their first major trophy for 48 years, is currently in the dark as to what will happen.
    "I don't know anything," Martins told the Birmingham Evening Mail.
    "I'm still on loan and I just want to be with the team, scoring goals. We will see what is going to happen."

Uploads

McCarthy - no Charlton approach
    ADDICKS DENY McCARTHY MOVE

Powell hopes to make two loan signings before Tranmere game

Charlton Athletic manager Chris Powell has denied reports that he has made an approach to sign West Ham United striker Benni McCarthy.
    The experienced McCarthy has dropped out of Avram Grant's plans at Upton Park and was recently a target for Charlton's League One rivals Sheffield Wednesday.
    However, while Powell is keen to bring in two players on loan before Saturday's game against Tranmere Rovers, he says he has not lined up a move for McCarthy.
    "I don't know where that story's come from," said Powell in the News Shopper.
    "We haven't contacted West Ham and they haven't contacted us.
    "He's a quality player but if we had a desire to bring him in then I would have made the call myself by now.
    "You've got to look at so many factors with a player like that. Is he right for us?
    "He's a Premier League player so he's on Premier League money so it's also a case of if we can manage to bring him in."
    He added: "I'm going to do my utmost to ensure we'll bring in a couple of players by Saturday. We're only allowed two loans because we already have three."

Uploads

Paul Jewell - failed loan bids.
    JEWELL FAILS IN LOAN BIDS

Ipswich manager Paul Jewell has confirmed he made two failed bids last week to bring in Premier League players on loan.
    Jewell, installed as Roy Keane's permanent successor on January 10, is keen to bring some new faces to Portman Road.
    Jewell said: "We're always looking to improve the squad and we did try and get in a couple of players last week.
    "They were at Premier League clubs, but said they didn't want a loan move and wanted to stay and fight for their place and I can understand that."
    Jewell also wants to send some of his younger fringe players out on loan.
    He added: "I've been impressed by the young pros, but I'd like to get them out on loan. Go and play some first-team football, get kicked a bit. It will be good for them as footballers."

Uploads

Nicholson - contract talks with the Lilywhites.
    BROWN AIMS TO KEEP NICHOLSON

Preston North End manager Phil Brown has held talks with Barry Nicholson over extending the midfielder's contract.
    Nicholson's current deal expires at the end of the season and he has scored three goals in his last three appearances for the Championship strugglers.
    The 32-year-old is making an impact for Preston after a lengthy spell out through injury and Brown hopes to keep the former Aberdeen man at Deepdale.
    Brown told the Evening Post: "I personally would like to keep Barry here.
    "I've had a conversation along those lines with him, but there's still a long way to go.
    "Recently I spoke with a couple of my good mates from the game who played with Barry in Scotland.
    "They spoke highly of him as a professional, a person and certainly as a footballer.
    "We have started to see the best of Barry recently - for him to score three goals in three games in the situation we are in is testimony to him as a player."

Uploads

Aly Cissokho - highly rated in Europe.
    MILAN KEEN ON LYON DEFENDER CISSOKHO

Aly Cissokho's Italian agent admits AC Milan have expressed an interest in acquiring his client.
    The Lyon defender is among the most highly-rated full-backs in Europe, having made rapid progress over recent years.
    Since bursting on to the scene at Porto, the 23-year-old has picked up valuable experience in Portugal and France.
    He has also competed in the UEFA Champions League and made his international debut for France.
    Such talent has not gone unnoticed and Serie A giants Milan are one of a number of clubs to have set their sights on Cissokho.
    They came close to securing his signature in June 2009, but pulled out of a deal after it emerged that he was suffering with dental problems that could ultimately damage his spine.
    A switch to Italy could soon be back on, but Cissokho's representative insists no deal is imminent.
    "Aly is proud that AC Milan like him, but he's part of a great club at the moment," Fabrizio Ferrari told tuttomercatoweb.
    "For now he is concentrating on doing well for Lyon, as they remain in the Champions League.
    "AC Milan are interested in several players and he is just one of them. We'll have to see if Lyon are willing to sell."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast