Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 07-03-11

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 07-03-11

Latest Transfer Update at 07-03-11

Ancelotti - committed to Blues.

Carlo Ancelotti has reiterated he intends to see out the final year of his contract at Chelsea and that coaching Roma is currently nothing more than 'a dream'.
    The sacking of Roma boss Claudio Ranieri last month fuelled speculation that Ancelotti was poised to return to his former club, particularly after failing to meet expectations with the Blues so far this season.
    But Tuesday's victory over Premier League leaders Manchester United eased some of the pressure on the Italian manager, and Ancelotti maintains he is going nowhere in the foreseeable future.
    He said: "My dream is to train Roma because Roma was my first team as a player.
    "But it's a dream. In future I would like to do this. Not now. Now I want to live this experience here in England.
    "I still have another year after this one and I would like to stay. I expect to still be here the summer after this one."
    Speculation has surfaced that Ancelotti could be shown the door if he fails to bring much-coveted UEFA Champions League success to Chelsea this season.
    But while admitting he is not expecting to match the marathon tenures of some of his fellow Premier League managers such as Sir Alex Ferguson, Ancelotti is adamant his position is safe for the time being.
    He said: "It's impossible to stay here for 24 years like Sir Alex Ferguson has at Manchester United, but more than three years, that is my aim.
    "What do I have to do to still be here next year? My best."
    Chelsea inconsistency this season has seen their Premier League title defence slide almost beyond their reach, but Ancelotti insists silverware is still a possibility if they continue to regroup for the climactic weeks of the campaign.
    He said: "When you sleep for two or three months, when you wake up you are fresh and that is the case for my squad.
    "It could still be a good season if we can do 100 per cent from now until the end of the season."

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 07-03-11

David Bentley - Spurs struggles

On-loan Birmingham midfielder David Bentley is unsure if he will ever feature for Tottenham again.
    The England midfielder moved to St Andrews for the remainder of the season in January after falling out of favour under Harry Redknapp at White Hart Lane.
    Bentley, who joined Spurs for 15million from Blackburn on a six-year deal in the summer of 2008, saw his career stagnate in North London due to a lack of action.
    The 26-year-old, who was once tipped to succeed David Beckham on the wing for his country, admits he argued with Redknapp during his time at Spurs and is unsure if reconciliation between the duo is possible.
    Bentley told the Daily Star Sunday: "We did row at times. That's part of football. It was probably down to me and my frustration because I wanted to be playing.
    "I left Blackburn for Tottenham because I wanted to force on my career. I thought it was a match made in heaven but it never worked out.
    "I went there with big ideas, wanting to be part of a team on the up. Not to be a part of that was very difficult to take.
    "I don't know if I've played my last game for Spurs but a lot of bridges have been burnt. Whether they can be repaired, I don't know.
    "But I don't want to sit at Tottenham until I'm 30, doing nothing. I could do that in north London with everything there for me but I want to play every week. That's why I came here."
    Bentley has denied suggestions that his part in the stunt which saw Redknapp drenched in water after the club qualified for the UEFA Champions League with victory over Manchester City last season was motivated by anything other than celebration.
    He added: "The perception might have been that I'd done it to get back at him.
    "But I was buzzing because I knew what getting into the Champions League meant to everybody. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
    "We even then went looking for the chairman!"

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 07-03-11

Van Gaal - bosses silent over Dutchman's future.

Louis van Gaal is set to survive another day as coach of Bayern Munich, but his future remains precarious as club bosses ominously kept a low profile on Sunday.
    Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge admitted the situation was "catastrophic" and that he "needed a night to think" about where to go after Saturday's 3-1 defeat at Hannover.
    However, neither he nor president Uli Hoeness showed up at the club's training ground today, fuelling rumours that they have been working on a plan to save Bayern's season by replacing Van Gaal as coach.
    The Dutchman was present at Sunday's training session, however, and gave the impression of it being business as usual following Saturday's defeat.
    But after losing three games in a row for the first time in over a decade, business is far from usual at Bayern.
    "We need to take action, not talk," said Hoeness on Saturday.
    He and Rummenigge appear to be taking their time before making any moves, though, and they let Bayern's media director Markus Horwick tell reporters congregating at the club's training ground that "no decision regarding the coach will be made today."
    "There will be no press conference and no press release," he added.
    A decision over Van Gaal's future has therefore been put back 24 hours with an announcement now due tomorrow.
    According to reports in Germany, the main problem appears to be finding somebody to replace Van Gaal, who at the pre-match press conference before yesterday's defeat in Hannover predicted such a problem.
    "The question is, who can replace Van Gaal?" he asked. "That is a difficult question."
    His assistant Hermann Gerland and former midfielder Mehmet Scholl have emerged as early candidates to hold the fort until the end of the season as an internal solution.
    Ralf Rangnick, Martin Jol and Matthias Sammer have also been touted as contenders.