Thread: diseqc Switch 2 LNB to one Reciever

Uploads

diseqc Switch 2 LNB to one Reciever

Basically i have two sattelites one pointing at 28.2e the other pointing at 13.0e the two cables from each LNB go in into a two way diseqc switch, i want to recieve channels form both sattelites. on the dreambox in sattelite configuration i go with diseqc A/B and scan for transponders i can find channels from hotbird 13.0e however i can't even get a lock on with eurobird 1/astar 2A,2B,2D(im sure cables are plugged in correctly.) is there anyone out there who can help me with the LNB configuration to recieve channels from both sattelites uisng the 2 way diseqc switch thanks who helps me ;)

Uploads

Re: diseqc Switch 2 LNB to one Reciever

anyone out there that might help me, that alright i may need to look at other forums but thanks any way

Hi if i was you i would change the cables into to the disecq switch around. Check also that you are definetely getting good signal from from each satellite. On my TM5400 a while back i had to change the cables around to get HOTBIRD(13 EAST) and ASTRA (19.2 EAST). I now have a motor fitted to my dish and am getting more satellites and channels. In the long run i think its best to fit a motor rather than have extra dishes and switches etc. good luck.

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kama2k View Post
    Basically i have two sattelites one pointing at 28.2e the other pointing at 13.0e the two cables from each LNB go in into a two way diseqc switch, i want to recieve channels form both sattelites. on the dreambox in sattelite configuration i go with diseqc A/B and scan for transponders i can find channels from hotbird 13.0e however i can't even get a lock on with eurobird 1/astar 2A,2B,2D(im sure cables are plugged in correctly.) is there anyone out there who can help me with the LNB configuration to recieve channels from both sattelites uisng the 2 way diseqc switch thanks who helps me ;)
    1. Are you sure that the 28.2 dish is correctly installed?
    2. Did you check that the Diseqc-switch ports coincide with the dreambox configuration? E.g. if you've connected Hotbird on port 1 (or A) of the switch, then you should choose A in the dreambox configuration. (And, of course, Astra 28.2 should be B).

Uploads

Have you taken out the switch and tested the feed from both dishes yet, sounds like dish-e-wish has gone out of alimentary or poor connection , check all concretion and reception then put the switch back in, best done on a cloudy day or obscure half LNB so you can peak your dish better.