Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 12-03-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 12-03-11

Latest Transfer Update at 12-03-11

Luis Fabiano - returns to Sao Paulo.
    LUIS FABIANO RETURNS TO BRAZIL

Brazil striker Luis Fabiano has rejoined former club Sao Paulo from Sevilla.
    Luis Fabiano, who is currently sidelined for around six weeks with a knee injury suffered in last weekend's defeat to Athletic Bilbao, has agreed a four-year deal and will cost the Brazilian club 7.6million euros.
    The 30-year-old enjoyed a hugely successful three-year spell at Sao Paulo earlier in his career, scoring 118 goals in 160 games before moving to Porto in 2004.
    After a short spell in Portugal, the forward moved to Sevilla, where he scored 106 goals in all competitions and helped the Andalusian club win six trophies, including two UEFA Cup and two Copa del Rey crowns.
    In August Luis Fabiano, after months of transfer speculation linking him with a move away, signed a two-year contact extension with Sevilla tying him to the club until 2013.
    This season the former Ponte Preta and Rennes hitman has not been an automatic starter for Sevilla, but remains their joint-leading scorer in La Liga with 10 goals.
    Luis Fabiano, who made financial sacrifices to help push through the move, said: "Money is not everything in life. Nothing could pay for how happy I am to once again be able to wear the shirt of the team closest to my heart.
    "I owe everything I have to Sao Paulo. I'm going to sweat for this shirt and I'm going to score many goals. I'm already thinking about coming out of the dressing room tunnel at the Morumbi stadium."
    Luis Fabiano is set to be presented by Sao Paulo on March 30.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 12-03-11

Emmanuel Adebayor - Madrid a 'dream come true.'
    ADEBAYOR WANTS REAL MADRID STAY

Real Madrid's on-loan Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has no intention of returning to his parent club in the summer.
    Adebayor joined Jose Mourinho's men in January having fallen down the pecking order at Eastlands, and has scored some vital goals in Madrid's bid to peg back Primera Division leaders Barcelona.
    And the former Togo striker has enjoyed his time in the Spanish capital so much. he is reluctant to return to Manchester.
    "I was born happy. No one can be as happy as I am now," he told AS. "Playing here is a dream come true and I now feel useful again.
    "There is a great vibe in the dressing room. Everyone has been very nice. I try to repay their kindness by training as hard as I can and giving my all.
    "I will do everything I can to stay here. All I want to do is win titles. La Liga is not over yet and anything can happen in the 90 minutes of the Copa del Rey final."

Uploads

Wojciech Szczesny - out with finger injury.
    WOJCIECH SZCZESNY OUT FOR SIX WEEKS

Arsene Wenger expects Wojciech Szczesny to be sidelined for around six weeks with a finger injury, and admits Arsenal "absolutely need some cover in goal".
    The 20-year-old Pole - who started the season as the Gunners' third choice - suffered a dislocated finger in Tuesday night's Champions League defeat to Barcelona at the Nou Camp when he was hurt saving Dani Alves' 16th-minute free-kick.
    Former number one Manuel Almunia, 33, came on to make some eye-catching saves as the Catalan side ran out 3-1 winners to end Arsenal's European hopes for another season.
    However, with Lukasz Fabianski already ruled out for the rest of the season after shoulder surgery and Vito Mannone troubled by a thigh injury while on loan at Hull, Wenger looks set to ask the Premier League for permission to bring in experienced cover, with youngsters James Shea, 19, and Damian Martinez, 18, the only other fit keepers.
    "We need now an experienced goalkeeper as cover for Almunia because Mannone is out for six weeks so we cannot call on him," Wenger told Arsenal TV Online.
    "Mannone is here at the training ground having treatment, but he cannot play for the next six weeks.
    "We can call him back [from Hull], but he is not available.
    "We have Wojciech out - in my opinion for six weeks. We have Fabianski out for the rest of the season. We absolutely need some cover in goal."
    Almunia had looked set to leave Arsenal during the January transfer window, but the Spaniard now finds himself thrust back into the first-team picture ahead of Saturday's FA Cup quarter-final at Manchester United.
    Wenger has been impressed with Almunia's approach to the situation.
    "He is very professional, [has a] very dignified attitude and overall he has done very well," the Arsenal boss said.
    "Yes, he has done quite well when he came on [against Barcelona] and was quite busy in the final part of the game and he did very well."
    Wenger does not expect any of his senior squad to be happy just warming the bench.
    "When I took Jens Lehmann out, who [had] made only one mistake, and put Almunia in, Lehmann came in the next day and fought even harder," said the Frenchman. "That's what I believe our job is about."

Uploads

Ahmed Elmohamady - currently on loan.
    BLACK CATS WANT TO KEEP ELMOHAMADY

Sunderland have announced they will offer Egypt midfielder Ahmed Elmohamady a permanent deal at the end of the season.
    The 22-year-old has been on loan at the Stadium of Light since last summer, but has impressed during his time in the north east.
    A statement on the Black Cats' official website confirmed they have been in touch with Elmohamady's Egyptian club, ENPPI, to take up an option to sign the player full-time.
    "Ahmed has been a pleasure to have around the place since he joined us," manager Steve Bruce said.
    "He's a great professional, has settled into the club and is keen to learn.
    "He is adapting well to the unique demands of the Premier League and I'm certain there's still much more to come from him."

Uploads

Kieron Dyer - loan return to Ipswich.
    DYER MAKES LOAN RETURN TO IPSWICH

West Ham midfielder Kieron Dyer has rejoined former club Ipswich Town on loan for a month, the Premier League club have confirmed.
    Dyer has made just 13 appearances for the Hammers this season thanks to his struggle to find fitness and form and will spend the next month at Portman Road, where he began his career.
    A short statement on the Hammers' website confirmed the move on Friday morning.
    "Kieron Dyer has joined Ipswich on a month-long loan," it read.
    The midfielder was considered one of the brightest prospects in the English game when he was coming through the youth ranks at the Suffolk club.
    He earned his first of 33 England caps after moving to Newcastle for 6million in 1999 but he suffered a series of injuries at St James' Park and was sold to West Ham for the same fee in 2007.
    Dyer's injury worries continued at Upton Park, where he broke his leg in two places on his third appearance for the Londoners, ruling him out for 17 months before returning to action in January 2009.
    He has struggled for fitness ever since, with a thigh injury the latest in a long line of complaints to keep him sidelined this term.
    Dyer has not played for Avram Grant's side since January 26 and was unlikely to force his way back into the team given the excellent form of Thomas Hitzlsperger since his comeback from a serious thigh injury.
    Dyer could leave the club at the end of the season, with his contract due to run out in the summer.
    He trained with his new team-mates this morning and could go straight into the Ipswich squad to face Leeds on Saturday.
    The npower Championship side are 16th in the table having enjoyed a renaissance under Paul Jewell since he replaced Roy Keane as manager in January.
    Dyer is expected to return to Upton Park on April 9.

Uploads

Mick McCarthy - rules out loan exits.
    McCARTHY RULES OUT LOAN EXITS

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy insists none of his senior players will be going out on loan before the end of the season.
    McCarthy admits some members of his squad have become frustrated at a lack of first-team opportunities, such as out-of-favour defender Steven Mouyokolo and fit-again midfielder David Jones.
    Premier League players can only be loaned to Football League clubs outside the transfer window and for a minimum of 28 days.
    But after Jones, Dave Edwards and Ronald Zubar were ruled out of Sunday's 3-3 draw with Tottenham, McCarthy wants all hands on deck in case he is hit by more injuries during the survival run-in.
    "Mouyokolo does feel on the fringes - as do all of them who are on the bench," he told the Express & Star.
    "But I have a squad of players and apart from the 11 who start on any given day, the rest all feel on the fringes. They're all brassed off, frustrated and they think they should be in the team.
    "But there's no chance of him or Dave Jones going out on loan - or anyone else for that matter. None of the first-team players are going out on loan.
    "That's because you suddenly get instances like we had last weekend when I lost three more players - Edwards and Jones from the midfield, and Zubar.
    "I need to keep them all here because if I allow players to go out on loan and then I start looking at the bench and I find we're struggling for numbers, I've got a problem."
    McCarthy has no qualms about his fringe players getting annoyed about their situation but has challenged them to channel that frustration positively if and when they are handed an opportunity to impress.
    "The beauty of that is when they get a chance, they've got to take it - just like Stephen Ward, Nenad Milijas and Kevin Foley did on Sunday because they were great," added the Wolves boss.
    "So I don't mind them feeling brassed off, annoyed and frustrated. The reaction I want is if you do get a chance, use it to stay in the team and play well.
    "Staying in this league means a lot to all of us for lots of reasons, so whether they're sat on the bench or not, it's important they do it right.
    "And they do - they're a great bunch of guys."

Uploads

DUNDEE SEE END TO ADMINISTRATION

Dundee expect to exit administration before the end of the season after the deadline passed for objections to their Creditors' Voluntary Arrangement.
    Administrators PKF are now able to pay creditors and finalise arrangements for the future management of the Irn-Bru First Division club.
    Joint-administrator Bryan Jackson revealed HM Revenue and Customs were owed more than 400,000 of the club's 2million debt when he took control of their finances in October, but his talks with the tax authority have ended positively for the club.
    "HMRC did request further information following the CVA agreement and I have had extensive communication with them over the last four weeks," he said.
    "Now that the period for objection has passed this means that we can now continue to process the CVA as quickly as possible.
    "However there are still a number of issues and technicalities to be dealt with and we must expedite these accurately and efficiently.
    "Paying the dividend to creditors and working closely with the new management and shareholders are the next issues to be dealt with and I would expect the club to be out of administration by the end of the season."

Uploads

Tony Mowbray - will have to cut Boro's wage bill.
    BORO LOOK TO SLASH WAGE BILL

Tony Mowbray faces the task of having to more than halve Middlesbrough's wage bill this summer as a result of the club's failure to regain their Premier League status.
    It is understood players' salaries currently account for around 20million a year, and that Boro are aiming to slash that to closer to 6million next season if they can.
    The dramatic reduction is needed because the Teessiders based their financial model on winning a return to the top flight and the riches it brings within two years, and with parachute payments due to be drastically reduced, their turnover will decrease significantly.
    However, they head into the final 11 games of the season still fighting for their npower Championship lives rather than promotion, a far cry from the expectations they had in the immediate aftermath of relegation at the end of the 2008-09 campaign.
    Gordon Strachan's disastrous spell at the helm has left the club with a hefty wage bill by Championship standards, and that will have to be trimmed severely if they are to keep their heads above water.
    Mowbray fully understands the implications of the situation and is heavily involved in plans to reshape the squad.
    He said: "It's important to try to help manage the situation.
    "Ultimately, my job is to put a squad together that can be competitive and win football matches, and you need to know what resources you have got to work with to do that.
    "We need to cut down the bush, trim it back, before we can start growing it again, and that continues to be the process."
    Boro this week moved striker Kris Boyd, one of Strachan's marquee signings, out on loan to Nottingham Forest with keeper Paul Smith travelling in the opposite direction, and the Scotland international is a case in point.
    Conservative estimates place his basic weekly pay-packet before add-ons at 30,000 - or around 1.5million a year - and he is not alone, and it is youngsters such as Jason Steele, Joe Bennett and Cameron Park, who has already attracted interest from Premier League Liverpool, around whom Mowbray wants to build his team.
    He said: "Some of the younger players in our squad who have done exceptionally well are earning very modest salaries and yet performing at very high levels.
    "They will probably be the ones that the bids come for. They are the dilemmas we are going to face.
    "Cameron is a very, very talented boy, but without talking about individuals, the Bennetts, the Steeles, young players who we have given contracts to in the last few months, you would want to try to build your team with those talented young boys, not sell them.
    "Salaries are not a problem. The problems are not those young boys, really, and yet there are not necessarily bids coming in for the players we would maybe like to move on, not to do with talent or how they perform, but because of salary levels.
    "There don't seem to be any bids for the bigger earners."

Uploads

Jay Rodriguez - new Burnley deal.
    RODRIGUEZ PENS NEW BURNLEY DEAL

Burnley have been handed a major boost after striker Jay Rodriguez signed a new two-year deal.
    The England Under-21 international, whose previous deal was due to expire this summer, is now committed to the Clarets until June 2013.
    The homegrown forward has enjoyed a fine campaign and scored 10 goals for Eddie Howe's promotion-chasers, who lie just below the play-off places.

Uploads

Jurgen Klopp - will stay at Borussia Dortmund.
    KLOPP RULES OUT BAYERN JOB

Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the running for the Bayern Munich job.
    With Louis van Gaal revealing that he is to step aside at Allianz Arena at the end of the season, Bayern will have a managerial void to fill this summer.
    The search for a successor to their current Dutch tactician has already begun, with numerous names mentioned as possible candidates.
    Among those touted has been Dortmund boss Klopp, following his remarkable success this season.
    He has led his side to the Bundesliga summit and is closing in on the club's first league title in nine years.
    Klopp is not prepared to walk away from a team he believes is on the up and has informed Bayern that they would be wasting their time were they to make an approach.
    "If Bayern ring me, then I will tell them that I have a contract at Dortmund until 2014," he told Bild.
    Klopp was believed to be in contention for the Bayern post back in 2008, but lost out to Jurgen Klinsmann.
    He is not prepared to even be considered this time around, meaning the likes of Guus Hiddink, Martin Jol and Joachim Low remain the favourites to get the job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast