Thread: Need help/info

Uploads

Need help/info

I watch Saturday afternoon football on my pc with live streams but as you may be aware the quality is not good and sometimes you just loose the stream for no reason and cannot get back on again.
    Now i used to have a satellite system that i used for this but it was a few years ago and i had to update the codes every month and got charged for this but i do not have it anymore.
    I am interested in buying a system but am not sure basically where to start as there are far to many people out there just out to rip you off and i hope by finding this site one of you can give me some advice and i think i used to use the Hotbird satellite + another from the same dish but i cannot remember.
    I am interested in football/adult films.movies etc.
    So my questions are as follows.
    What type/make of receiver do i need.
    What type of dish/lnb do i need etc
    I have been on e bay and seen some receivers which are patched but need updating on a regular basis and they charge for this.
    All i want to know is what to do so i dont get ripped off so if you can give me any sort of advice then it would be appreciated.
    Thanks all regards Robo
    Ps I live in the UK.

Banned
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Need help/info

Dear "robo4",
    I may be biassed, but have a look at "Other Receivers/Fortec Star". Make sure that you get one with 'Blind Scan'. They have the word "Ultra" in their name. Plenty of support for these and with the 'Blind Scan', you can keep up to date with any TP changes. I would also suggest that you get one with "CI" in the name. More versatile, as you can use various cams for different encryptions.
    Be wary of ones on E-bay, as they are often the cheaper ones that they have found to be inadequte for their needs. No 'Blind Scan' and embedded language. No CI slots??
    Sorry can't help with retailers, but you shouldn't have any trouble finding one in the UK.
    Once you get that far, ask again and we'll try and advise on dishes and LNBs etc.
    Kindest Regards, Bill.:cool:

Uploads

Re: Need help/info

Are you saying Dreambox will unlock sky?

Uploads

Bill what are tp changes?

Banned
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Robo4
    Bill what are tp changes?
    Hi "Robo4",
    As briefly as I can;
    Each Sat has several TPs(TransPonders).
    They are at various frequencies,
    With various SRs(Symbol Rates) and other criteria, not to worry about at this stage.
    On each of these TPs you can have 30 or more Channels.
    These TPs are usually beamed to a particular area or region.
    In our case if the beam is aimed at Japan, then we would have 'buckley's chance of receiving it in Aussie.
    Why is Blind Scan so important?
    If any of the TPs are changed, you need to re-enter their criteria in your STB.
    However it may be quite some time before these criteria are posted.
    With "Blind Scan or Power Scan", you only need to rescan the Sat and the STB automatically detects the new Frequencies/Symbol Rates etc. that are available in your region.
    There are only a select few STBs that are capable of this.
    Every brand has their own attributes, but to my mind, they should all incorporate this feature.

I hope that this, in some way, clarifies the issues involved.
    I suggest that you do more research before investing those hard earned QUIDS.
    Kindest Regards, Bill.:D

have you the art keys plez.

Robo4 if you want to use your computer to watch football, there are a couple of things you might try. 1. Make sure you are using Real Player and 2. if you are using a pop-up blocker disable it for the football games only. I download baseball games from the USA and mine are perfect with no glitches. Your download speed should be at least 350K which requires a DSL line at the least. Go into your browser and make sure Allow Cookies is checked. Review your settings. Maybe you need to remove some checks or add some. The things I have suggested workrd for me and who knows, they might work for you. You never know until you try. Good luck.