Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 27-03-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 27-03-11

Latest Transfer Update at 27-03-11

De Boer - not keen on Suk.
    SUK TO LEAVE AJAX

Ajax have decided not to extend South Korean Suk Hyun-jun's contract beyond this season.
    The 19 year-old joined the Eredivisie giants from FC Young-in last January but has failed to live up to his early promise.
    Suk, who has managed only three appearances for Ajax to date, is understandably disappointed by the news.
    "Leaving Ajax is going to be very difficult. I have learned so much during my time here," he said on Nikkan Sports.
    "Many aspects of my game have improved. My technique is better and so is my understanding of the game.
    "However, I can't dwell on that. I need to move on."
    The forward travelled to Holland in September 2009 in an attempt to find a club and approached then Ajax coach Martin Jol about a trial.
    He was given the opportunity and a series of strong performances with the Ajax reserves helped earned him a one-and-a-half year contract with the Dutch outfit.
    Suk's management agency is currently on the look-out for a new club in Holland before considering other options.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 27-03-11

Welbeck - United future.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson expects players out on loan to feature heavily in the club's future.
    United have Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley enjoying successful seasons at Sunderland and Wigan respectively, while Federico Macheda is currently plying his trade at Sampdoria.
    Ferguson is sure the youngsters will enjoy a prominent role in the first-team squad next term and claims sending players out on loan will always be a good learning curve.
    "They will come back into the first-team squad and they will get plenty of games next season," he told United's official website.
    "They are part of the band of young players coming through at this club. They will all come back in.
    "At that point, we will then review our squad because that's the important thing. But we will always put players out on loan.
    "Cleverley has done very well, particularly in his spell at Watford and then at Wigan. He has improved in each case and he is going to be a top player.
    "Welbeck has been fantastic too, it's just unfortunate that he picked up a bad injury. But they will all be ready for next year."
    Ferguson also revealed that Senegalese striker Mame Biram Diouf will return from his stint with Blackburn.
    He added: "Mame Diouf has done well at Blackburn too and he'll come back in. They've all done well.
    "It proves we were right in putting them there in the first place.
    "For them, it's that experience of being exposed to regular football that really brings them on so that they are ready to play for Manchester United."

Uploads

Sturridge - up for the fight.
    STURRIDGE RELISHING RETURN

Bolton's on-loan Daniel Sturridge is relishing the prospect of fighting for a first-team spot at Chelsea next season.
    The former Manchester City man has been impressing with Bolton, netting four goals in just six appearances for Owen Coyle's side.
    Sturridge will re-join Chelsea over the summer and he is not worried by the big names he will be vying with to start.
    The Blues splashed out 50million on Spain ace Fernando Torres in January to compliment the likes of Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka.
    Despite the attacking options at Carlo Ancelotti's fingertips Sturridge is looking forward to impressing and grasping his chance with both hands.
    "When I do go back to Chelsea I'm not going to be worrying about anyone who is at the club," he told the Bolton News.
    "I really don't think Torres coming in affects me. Didier [Drogba] and Nico [Anelka] are fantastic players too and I can't wait to get back because I'll be able to show everyone what I can do.
    "Football is about being in competition with all of these great players and showing what you can do amongst them. I want to show Chelsea that I can play at this level week after week and I can handle it.
    "Bolton are giving me the opportunity and the stage to show what I can do and I'm loving playing under Owen Coyle.

"I was the one that initiated the loan because I wanted to play regularly but the club weren't willing to let me go on loan. They said I wasn't allowed to but I had to kind of force the issue."

Uploads

Klose - ruled out Kaiserslauten return.

Bayern Munich striker Miroslav Klose has ruled out a return to his former club Kaiserslautern should he leave Bayern at the end of the season.
    The Germany international's contract expires in the summer and a return to the Red Devils, for whom he played five years earlier in his career, had been mooted, but he says he wants to carry on playing at the highest level, even if that is not with Bayern.
    "I can imagine playing for anybody at a high level," he told the Suddeutsche Zeitung newspaper.
    "I am fit, football is no torture or drag for me and I don't just want to play out the end of my career in any old place.
    "At the moment, I still want to play at a level which is higher than Kaiserslautern."
    The 32-year-old will make his 107th appearance for Germany in their Euro 2012 qualifier against Kazakhstan tonight and he is still aiming to overtake Gerd Muller as the national team's all-time top goalscorer.
    He needs nine more goals to beat his record and therefore needs to be playing at a level which still makes him an attractive option for Germany coach Joachim Low.
    "Anything is possible, even a move abroad, but that does not mean Qatar," he added.
    "It would still be a bit early for that."

Uploads

Lippi - denies Juve return reports.
    LIPPI REJECTS FRESH JUVE LINK

Marcello Lippi has dismissed reports that he will return to coach Juventus this summer, insisting he wants to leave Italy.
    Lippi, who has had two spells in charge of Juve, has been mentioned as a possible replacement for under-fire coach Luigi Del Neri.
    "I want to coach for another two or three years," said the 62-year-old Lippi. "If the right project comes along then I will consider it but I can confirm that I will not coach any more in Italy, not even if Juve called me.
    "I left Turin seven years ago and each time the team has problems my name comes up. This makes me happy because it means that during my time there, I did well and the fans appreciate me. It's true that in the past I've had contacts to return."
    During his time at the helm of Juve, Lippi won five league titles, one Coppa Italia, a Champions League and a European Super Cup.
    Lippi, who steered Italy to glory in 2006, has been out of work since the Azzurri were eliminated from last summer's World Cup as holders in the group stage.
    Juve are 11 points behind fourth-place Udinese with nine games remaining.

Uploads

Van Nistelrooy - may return to England.
    VAN NISTELROOY KEEN ON ENGLAND RETURN

Former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has revealed he could return to English football at the end of the season.
    Van Nistelrooy's contract at Hamburg expires in the summer and the 34-year-old is widely expected to leave the Bundesliga club.
    He was denied a return to former team Real Madrid in the January transfer window and has not ruled out a move back to Spain.
    However, Van Nistelrooy is also interested in playing in the Premier League again after spending five seasons at Old Trafford earlier in his career.
    "I am thinking about a nice club in England after this season," Van Nistelrooy is quoted in the Sunday Mirror.
    "Or a club in Spain, but I don't think Real Madrid will come again after their efforts to bring me back in the January transfer window.
    "I have decided that if a really big European club does approach me, I will accept a role as reserve striker.
    "I would have accepted that too if the deal with Real Madrid had come off in January.
    "They knew I was ready to step in when needed."

Uploads

Heitinga - doesn't want to sit on bench.
    HEITINGA ISSUES TOFFEES WARNING

John Heitinga intends to consider his Everton future in the summer if he continues to be left on the bench at Goodison Park.
    The Holland international has been in and out of the Everton side in recent weeks and is unsure why he is not in David Moyes' first-choice line-up.
    He believes he merits a place in Moyes' best XI, particularly after playing in the World Cup final against Spain last summer.
    However, the 27-year-old will not rush into a decision over his future after being wanted by several clubs during the January transfer window.
    "I have certainly not come here to sit on the bench," said Heitinga in the Sunday Mirror.
    "Together with Phil Neville, I have more experience than all the others. I have played in four major national team tournaments and I have played the World Cup final.
    "I don't want to moan. At the end of the day it is all down to me. Apart from not playing sometimes, I love it here in England.
    "I am still aiming for big success here in England. Well, I have played 65 games in the Premier League in two seasons. That is a start.
    "I hope being out is a temporary thing. I will decide in the summer what I will do."
    He added: "It's strange for me to sit on the bench at Everton. I will always claim that I am the best central defender at this club - definitely since the World Cup.
    "I could understand it if the manager leaves me out of the team when I make big mistakes. But right now I can't get over the last few weeks.
    "The manager is not a big talker. Never has been. He does not explain his decisions to others either. He just says everybody will get playing time.
    "I'm not worried about the future. My career is still going up. I can tell that by the massive clubs who came knocking on the door for me in the winter.
    "One of them was so serious and so concrete. But I did not want to leave in the middle of a season. And Everton did not want to let me go.
    "That was a good sign. I feel I can still become an important player here for the fans and the team."

Uploads

Neymar - scored both goals in Brazil's win.
    MENEZES BACKS PREM MOVE FOR NEYMAR

Brazil coach Mano Menezes believes rising teenage star Neymar would benefit from playing in the Premier League.
    The 19-year-old stole the show when he netted both goals in Brazil's 2-0 friendly win against Scotland.
    Neymar gave Brazil the lead just before the break and in the 76th minute the Santos striker was fouled by Scotland midfielder Charlie Adam inside the box before picking himself up to score from the spot.
    The youngster has been linked with a move to Chelsea in recent months and his national coach reckons moving to England would help his fledgling career.
    Menezes said: "I think that could only be good for Neymar as it would be confirmation of his development.
    "English football would make him stronger and help to escape strong marking.
    "I don't see any problem.
    "But Brazil fans will be deprived of watching a good player."
    Scotland boss Craig Levein insists he was not surprised by the performance of Neymar.
    The former Scotland defender said: "We knew about him beforehand.
    "People were saying before the game that they were weakened because they had to bring in Neymar as a back-up, well we don't know if that is weakening any team.
    "It's not just the quality of the players, you have to give Brazil the credit for pressing the match.
    "They pressed higher up the field than previously, they didn't give our defenders any time at all to settle and play the ball to the midfield.
    "So for me, their athleticism equals their technical ability."

Uploads

Young - impressed against Wales.
    BENT UNSURPRISED BY YOUNG INTEREST

Darren Bent is unsurprised several leading clubs are chasing the signature of Ashley Young given his form for England and Aston Villa.
    Young is out of contract at Villa in 15 months' time and already being linked with a summer move to the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool.
    Bent has seen at first hand the form of club-mate Young at Villa Park since his 24million move from Sunderland in January.
    But now Young is also starting to produce a similar level on the international stage.
    Young won the penalty for the first goal and laid on the second for Bent during Saturday's 2-0 win over Wales in a Euro 2012 qualifier in Cardiff.
    Bent said: "Ashley has been playing really, really well this season and being linked to top, top sides.
    "It's because of the form he is showing like against Wales that all these clubs are after him.
    "He was fantastic and it helps me that he is also in the Villa side.
    "The main thing is we can keep going, hang onto him for as long as possible and keep creating the chances for Villa and scoring goals."
    Bent admits he is starting to feel comfortable at international level after scoring in his last three internationals and being given a run in the side by Fabio Capello.
    He said: "It's always hard when you've had 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there but when you get a run in the side, you take great confidence from that.
    "I'd love to be the number nine for as long as possible but there are a lot of top strikers about.
    "If Fabio keeps picking me, hopefully I'll keep producing the goods."
    Bent added: "Scoring at this level gives me a lot of confidence.
    "International football is a step up from the Premier League and to show you can score goals at international level has always been the hardest thing.
    "To be fair, for me the most difficult one was getting the first one but hopefully now, if I can stay in the side, and keep playing well, there will be many more goals for me.
    "I feel as if I belong at this level, definitely. I always believed in that even when at first the goals weren't going in.
    "I always believed that I was good enough to score goals at this level and hopefully it is showing now."
    Bent feels England were deserving winners in the Millennium Stadium as they moved back to the top of their qualifying group.
    He said: "These games can always be difficult because derbies are always difficult games to play in.
    "But for us to go 2-0 up in the first 15 minutes made it a lot more comfortable than maybe it could have been then if it had stayed 0-0 for a while.
    "The manager was happy. There is always room for improvement and in the second half we took our foot off the gas and let them back into it.
    "But we were definitely the better team over 90 minutes."

Uploads

Gerrard - impressed by Carroll and Suarez.
    GERRARD PRAISES SUAREZ AND CARROLL

Steven Gerrard believes Liverpool are better off having sold Fernando Torres to Chelsea and brought in Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez.
    Many felt the Reds had got the raw end of the deal when Torres joined the Blues in a 50million deal on transfer deadline day, while Kenny Dalglish moved to bring in Suarez from Ajax and Carroll from Newcastle for a British record fee of 35million.
    But Torres has yet to score for Chelsea since his big money move, while Suarez and Carroll have made promising starts to life at Anfield, with the former turning in an outstanding performance in the 3-1 win over Manchester United.
    And Gerrard told Sky Sports 1: "Suarez has only played a few games but we know he will be a top player. Training and playing with him in his first few games he has been strong and technically good, but Fernando in his first year with us was frightening as well.
    "But I think Liverpool are in a better position having two top forwards instead of one. I enjoyed playing behind Fernando but if you said I could have Fernando on form or Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez on form, I would take the two over one."
    Gerrard revealed the Liverpool players had felt let down by Torres' decision to leave.
    "We felt slightly let down, like the supporters we wanted him to stay as he is a top player. But he made his decision and we have to respect that," he said.
    The Reds skipper also claimed the club were right to part company with Roy Hodgson following a difficult start to the former Fulham boss' tenure at Anfield.
    "When the Liverpool fans turn against you you have to listen," said Gerrard. "They are Liverpool Football Club."
    Meanwhile Gerrard is hoping to make his return from a groin injury in Liverpool's next game against West Brom.
    The midfielder underwent a groin operation earlier in March and was initially expected to be sidelined for a month.
    The injury forced Gerrard to miss England's Euro 2012 qualifying win over Wales on Saturday, but he is ahead of schedule in his recovery.
    He expects to return to full training during the week and is aiming to be involved in next Saturday's trip to The Hawthorns to face Hodgson's West Brom.
    "It's good," Gerrard added on Goals on Sunday. "I'm probably three or four days away from full training, so hopefully I'll be involved against West Brom.
    "It depends on how the next three or four days go.
    "Being injured is the worst part of being a footballer. It's frustrating not to be involved in a game like England v Wales at the Millennium Stadium. It's a fantastic game.
    "Hopefully I'll be available for the next qualifier in the summer which is Switzerland.
    "There are big games still left to play this season. It's frustrating missing games being on the treatment table so you do everything you can in your rehab and away from football to get back as quickly as possible."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast