Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 29-03-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 29-03-11

Latest Transfer Update at 29-03-11

Fabio Capello - responded to Mourinho claims.
    CAPELLO IRKED BY MOURINHO

England coach Fabio Capello has accused Jose Mourinho of showing a lack of respect over his claim he was the FA's first choice to replace Steve McClaren in 2007.
    Real Madrid chief Mourinho claimed in an interview to French newspaper L'Equipe on Monday that he was "hours" away from accepting the job as England manager following the departure of McClaren.
    Former Chelsea boss Mourinho claims he would have been England coach instead of Capello only for a last-minute change of heart.
    Capello claims he is not particularly concerned one way or the other if the FA did approach Mourinho about the England job.
    "I don't speak about the relationship with the other clubs, for respect for other managers," said Capello.
    "I don't like to speak about my relationship with the clubs, with other people. These are my personal secrets. I'll never tell you about what really happened in my career.
    "I think it's serious. Every time a club or a different national team decides to choose a manager, they decide to speak with a lot of managers. It's normal. It's not different.
    "This is a question for the chairman that chose me, not a question for me.
    "I don't like to speak about this. I've said enough. Thank you."
    The FA were also quick to dismiss Mourinho's claim that he was close to becoming England manager.
    "Fabio was our first choice for England manager," said a spokesman for the FA.
    "We have made that clear from the outset."
    Capello insists he would not be concerned if Mourinho was the FA's first choice.
    "It does not matter to me," he said.
    Capello remains the main man, although there are some aspects of his job many feel he has not devoted enough time to, notably his mastery of the English language.
    After three-and-a-half years, Capello's English is still not sufficiently strong for him to grasp the finer details of questions he is posed, even if he insists it is perfect for the points he needs to make on the training ground.
    "How many languages do you speak?" he challenged.
    "When I speak with the players they understand everything and that is what is important in this job.
    "If I need to speak about the economy or other things, I can't, but when you speak about tactics, you don't use a lot of words.
    "I don't have to speak about a lot of different things. Maximum 100 words."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-03-11

Neymar - dreaming of Chelsea move.
    NEYMAR REVEALS CHELSEA DREAM

Neymar has admitted it would be a dream come true if he joins Chelsea.
    The Santos striker, who scored both Brazil's goals in the friendly win over Scotland at the Emirates, told Sky Sports News: "Chelsea's a great club. It's a dream of every player to play at Chelsea.
    "If one day it happens, I will be very happy to come."
    Chelsea already have a trio of Brazilians in their squad in David Luiz, Ramires and Alex and although Neymar insists he is happy at Santos he is clearly ready to consider a move to Stamford Bridge.
    "When the moment comes we are going to sit with my family. We are going to think about it and discuss the options," he said.
    "Last year, when Chelsea came, we sat together and we thought it wasn't the time yet.
    "If it happens this year, we are going to sit again and going to discuss about it."
    Luiz, who has flourished since joining Chelsea from Benfica in January, said after Brazil's win over Scotland on Sunday: "I am very happy because I'm at one of the best teams in the world.
    "I would love it if Neymar came to Chelsea. He is going to be one of the best players in the world."

Uploads

Gary McAllister - denied 'mutiny' talk.
    McALLISTER: NO MUTINY AT VILLA

Gary McAllister has rubbished speculation there is a players' mutiny taking place at Aston Villa.
    Players were reportedly unhappy at rules enforced by manager Gerard Houllier, including the banning of mobile phones.
    But assistant boss McAllister denied claims Houllier had made draconian changes to the club rule book.
    He also dismissed reports that players were unable to speak to Villa owner-chairman Randy Lerner without Houllier's permission.
    McAllister told BBC Sport: "I don't think there's any mutiny here. There's been little arguments here and there but nothing outside the realms of what happens at most clubs.
    "The facts are most football clubs have a rule book which is set by the PFA [Professional Footballers' Association] and apart from little tweaks here and there, it's a standard rule book.
    "Mobile phones aren't switched on inside the building and Gerard had this rule when I was a player at Liverpool.
    "It's to encourage people to speak to each other rather than be texting and phoning. But when they get to the car park, it's fine.
    "I've also never worked under a chairman (Lerner) who's more accommodating. I've probably spoken to him more than I've spoken to any other chairman."
    McAllister is confident the commitment among the squad will enable Villa to avoid relegation from the Barclays Premier League.
    He said: "I've seen some of the players talking about pride, playing for the fans, playing for the jersey.
    "They know we're in a bit of trouble and we need to produce.
    "I agree some players in other teams are a little bit more hardened. But I don't think it's going to be a problem because players' pride and quality will lift them above it.
    "We've got enough quality and goals in the team and we all believe we'll be good enough to come out the other side."
    McAllister also denied suggestions that Houllier was losing his appetite for the task ahead.
    He said: "Gerard Houllier is a proven manager. I'm working under somebody who's had to make big decisions, won things.
    "I don't think he does anything by half measures. One of the things he said to me when he asked me to join him is that there's an opportunity to get a project going.
    "It's a club that's got most things in place - the training ground, the stadium, the fans, a squad that's done well in the past - and he's here to try to take it to the next level, to pick up a trophy."

Uploads

Mourinho - claimed was 'hours' away from job.
    FA PLAY DOWN MOURINHO CLAIMS

The Football Association have cast doubts over Jose Mourinho's claim that he was "hours" away from becoming England manager - but Fabio Capello is not bothered if he was.
    Mourinho made his bold statement during an extensive interview with L'Equipe.
    The Real Madrid boss said he would have been Steve McClaren's successor in 2007 had it not been for a last-minute change of heart.
    The Portuguese, who left Chelsea in September 2007, two months before McClaren was sacked by England, explained he decided late in the day he wanted to remain in club management.
    "I was hours away - I almost signed up for the England national team," said Mourinho.
    "But at the last minute I began thinking, 'I am going to coach a national side, there will be one match a month and the rest of the time I will be in my office or overseeing matches. And then to have to wait until the summer to compete in a European Championship or a World Cup?' No, it wasn't for me.
    "So at the last moment I pulled back, preferring to wait for the right job to come along, a good club, a challenge that could motivate me. That was Inter."
    The FA's response was swift.
    "Fabio was our first choice for England manager," said a spokesman.
    "We have made that clear from the outset."
    Mourinho was linked with the England job immediately after the Three Lions crashed out of Euro 2008 in qualifying.
    He would undoubtedly have been high on the FA's wish-list and conversations did take place, although there were always reservations about whether he would commit to the role, even with a 6million-a-year salary attached.
    The former Chelsea boss put an end to his candidacy on December 11, declaring: "After deep and serious thinking, I decided to exclude myself from being England manager."
    Three days later, Capello was unveiled.
    But if there was a sense of the Italian being second choice, he is clearly not troubled by it.
    "It does not matter to me," he said.
    "Every time a club or a different national team decides to choose a manager, they decide to speak with a lot of managers.
    "It's normal. It's not different."
    Indeed, there were claims Capello was approached to replace Sven-Goran Eriksson in 2006, only to turn the FA down.
    "I don't like to speak about my relationship with the clubs, with other people," said Capello.
    "These are my personal secrets. I will never tell you about what really happened in my career. It's serious."
    He remains the main man too, although there are some aspects of his job many feel he has not devoted enough time to, namely his mastery of the English language which, after three-and-a-half years, is still not sufficient for him to grasp the finer details of questions he is posed, even if he insists it is perfect for the points he needs to make on the training ground.
    "How many languages do you speak?" he challenged.
    "When I speak with the players they understand everything and that is what is important in this job.
    "If I need to speak about the economy or other things, I can't but when you speak about tactics, you don't use a lot of words.
    "I don't have to speak about a lot of different things. Maximum 100 words."