Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 04-04-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 04-04-11

Latest Transfer Update at 04-04-11

Paul Ince - left Notts County.
    PAUL INCE LEAVES NOTTS COUNTY

Notts County have confirmed that manager Paul Ince has left the club by mutual consent.
    The npower League One strugglers lost their fifth successive game on Saturday against Oldham and have not scored a goal from open play in their last eight matches.
    Former England captain Ince, 43, only took charge last October but leaves the club in 19th place in the table.
    Chairman Ray Trew said: "It is with a heavy heart that the board of directors called a meeting in the aftermath of our defeat to Oldham on Saturday.
    "However, the recent run of results, which saw us win just once in March, meant that we were all in agreement that we had to address the situation.
    "When we sat down to discuss the matter with Paul it became clear that we were in agreement that a parting of the ways would be the best way forward for all concerned.
    "I am certain that under other circumstances things could have been very different, but we believe that this decision is in the best interests of the club."
    Chief scout Carl Heggs will take charge of Tuesday night's clash with Rochdale as the board look for a permanent successor.
    Ince was a success in his first job at Macclesfield before leading the MK Dons to promotion from League Two and a Johnstone's Paint Trophy final win in 2008.
    He was then handed the chance to impress in the Barclays Premier League with Blackburn but only lasted six months before he was sacked.
    He returned to the Dons but left at the end of last season after learning his budget would be cut and managed just 10 wins in charge at Meadow Lane.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 04-04-11

Welbeck - likely to return to Old Trafford.
    BRUCE KEEN TO KEEP WELBECK

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce would love to make Danny Welbeck a permanent signing from Manchester United - but has grave doubts whether Sir Alex Ferguson will ever allow that to happen.
    The 20-year-old striker has had an outstanding first season on loan at Sunderland, and was rewarded last Tuesday with an England debut against Ghana.
    Bruce sees him as a likely international star of the future, and told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek programme: "I would love to buy him, but I don't think that might be possible with the talent the kid's got.
    "It isn't often Manchester United let one of their bright young players go."
    That will not stop Bruce trying, but he is realistic about his prospects of success.
    "We'll have a conversation in the summer," he said.
    "But if I was a betting man, I think Sir Alex would be holding on to him - and maybe we could have him for another season if possible."
    Either way, Bruce has no doubt Welbeck will come of age for his country.
    "He has flourished since he has been with us because of one thing - he has played," the Black Cats boss added.
    "I don't think in two or three years (at United) he has played more than six games on the spin.
    "Danny Welbeck is a fantastic young talent.
    "He's had a fantastic season with us, for such a young boy. So why not (play him for England)? If they've got the talent, like (Jack) Wilshere, it bodes well."

Uploads

Benitez - wants Premier League return.
    BENITEZ WANTS PREMIER LEAGUE RETURN

Rafael Benitez will target a job with a Barclays Premier League club if and when he returns to football management.
    The former Liverpool and Inter Milan boss has had offers of employment since his six-month stay in Serie A ended just before Christmas.
    But none has yet tempted him back.
    Asked about his future on BBC Radio Five Live's Sportsweek programme, the 50-year-old Spaniard said: "The priority is the Premier League, because the style is better for me."
    He will not rush into a new job, though, because he knows he has to choose wisely.
    "You can't say we will build something and spend three, four or five years waiting for trophies," he said.
    "You have to find the right balance, a club that can win or try to win right now but at the same time prepare for the future.
    "At this moment in time I don't have any offer. Before I did, but now I don't have any offers.
    "I have had some offers abroad and some national teams, but I needed to stay with the family ... relax a little bit and be ready for the next challenge."

Uploads

Rolando - valued at 13.2million.
    RED RIVALS TRACKING ROLANDO

Manchester United and Liverpool are interested in Porto defender Rolando, according to the player's agent.
    Old Trafford manager Sir Alex Ferguson and Anfield boss Kenny Dalglish are both reportedly keen want to sign a centre-back this summer.
    And Rolando's agent, Peppino Tirri, claims that his client is attracting interest as a result and he expects progress at the end of April.
    Tirri believes the 25-year-old would cost around 15million euros (13.2m) and it remains to be seen if United and Liverpool enter a bidding war.
    Inter Milan and Juventus have also been credited with interest, but Tirri told Notiziariosportivo.com: "There is also Manchester United and Liverpool following the player.
    "I think something could move towards the end of the month. Now the clubs are focused on the championship and the Champions League."

Uploads

Prieto - happy at Sociedad.
    PRIETO RUBBISHES LIVERPOOL LINK

Real Sociedad winger Xabi Prieto has rubbished reports linking him with a move to Liverpool.
    The 27-year-old has been with his current club throughout his career, making his debut in 2003 after graduating through the academy.
    Prieto has made over 200 appearances for the Basque outfit, scoring 34 goals, and has been in excellent form this term, helping to guide the club to a mid-table position.
    Despite links with a club of the stature of the Reds, the former Spain Under-21 international insisted that he was happy where he was.
    "There is nothing to what has been published," he told Spanish newspaper AS.
    "Liverpool are a very good team, but I've always said I'm happy here."

Uploads

Robbie Keane - would stay if Hammers stay up.
    ROBBIE KEANE ON SURVIVING HAMMERS

Robbie Keane has confirmed he will stay at West Ham next season if they avoid Barclays Premier League relegation.
    Tottenham striker Keane joined the Hammers on loan with a view to a permanent deal - reportedly worth 6million - during the January transfer window.
    The 30-year-old has endured an injury-hit start to life at Upton Park but that has not put him off wanting to commit his future should the club complete one of the greatest survival feats in Premier League history.
    He told the Hammers' official programme for Saturday's clash with Manchester United: "First and foremost, I just want to get on the pitch and play football.
    "It is a short career, so the last thing I want to be doing is sitting on the bench.
    "At my age, I need to be playing regular football and, hopefully, with the squad of players we have, we're quite capable of staying in the Premier League.
    "If that's the case then I'll obviously be here next year."
    Keane insisted he would have no qualms leaving Spurs, where he found his chances increasingly limited.
    "I would prefer to be criticised for going to play football than be criticised for sitting on the bench and collecting my money," he added.
    "I'm not one of those players who picks my money up for not doing anything.
    "Some players can do that and are quite happy to sit on the bench and go through life and it's no problem, but I'm not one of those players."

Uploads

David Moyes - staying put at Goodison Park.
    DAVID MOYES TO STAY WITH EVERTON

Everton boss David Moyes has rejected talk linking him with a move away from Goodison Park.
    Moyes, who has two years left to run on his current contract, admits he would be happy to discuss a new deal to pledge his long-term future to the club.
    The Scot revealed he would hope to get some funds to invest in the squad if he was to commit his long-term future to the Toffees.
    "I don't think my contract will need to be looked at this summer, but if the chairman wants to then that's down to him and the board.
    "I'll have a chat with them at the end of the season and see what route we're going to take.
    "There are things I'd be hoping to get, so we'll look at what we need to do better.
    "But this could still end up not a bad season, and I do see my long-term future here.
    "There's no reason to think anything else."

Uploads

Roger Johnson - uncertain future.
    ROGER JOHNSON UNDECIDED ON FUTURE

Birmingham star Roger Johnson admits he is yet to decide where his future lies.
    The central defender has been imperious at the heart of the Blues defence since moving to St Andrews in 2009.
    He has just 14-months left on his current deal and is yet to be offered new contract, and he says until that happens he cannot decide whether to sign or not.
    Both Johnson and his central defensive partner Scott Dann have been linked with big-money moves this summer.
    "I think the speculation regarding me and Scott was just paper talk," insisted Johnson.
    "We're both in the same boat. It got put out there, and it was just a load of
    rubbish.
    "I haven't been offered a new contract.
    "I've not said I wouldn't sign it (if offered a new contract). It's a case of
    when it comes around, it's a decision I have to make."
    Should the Blues be relegated, Johnson refused to comment on whether he would leave or not, adding: "It's not for me to say. I don't know. It's up to each player to deal with that."
    Johnson has had to cope with different partners since Dann suffered a hamstring injury in January.
    Liam Ridgewell, Martin Jiranek and Curtis Davies have all played next to him, but they have not looked as solid as they do with a Johnson-Dann pairing.
    But he insists they should all be able to adapt, saying: "When you have different partners, you lose that continuity. Results haven't been that great of late.
    "There's been a lot of chopping and changing all over the team. It isn't ideal but it shouldn't be difficult because they're all good players
    "People wouldn't be here unless they were good players so people should just be able to step in.
    "It's about getting a bit of understanding amongst yourselves."

Uploads

Forster - has impressed during loan spell.
    PARDEW WANTS FORSTER STAY

Alan Pardew insists he would not accept a 2million bid from Celtic for goalkeeper Fraser Forster.
    The 23-year-old has spent the season on loan at Celtic Park where he has made 26 appearances for Neil Lennon's side.
    Strong performances have seen Forster turning heads during his time north of the border, leading to inevitable questions about his future.
    With the SPL giants rumoured to be readying a 2million bid, Pardew has moved quickly to reveal Forster will return to St James' Park in the summer.
    "The last time I spoke to Fraser Foster I made it clear he would be coming back here in pre-season to fight for the first team jersey," he told the Northern Echo.
    "I will not be accepting a 2m bid from Celtic. I do not want to bring a new keeper in because I expect the three we have got to start pre-season."

Uploads

Balotelli - doesn't fit 'Milan style of behaviour'.
    BERLUSCONI: BALOTELLI NOT FOR MILAN

AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi believes Mario Balotelli's off-the-field "behaviour" will prevent him from pulling on the Rossoneri shirt in the future.
    The Manchester City striker has made headlines both on and off the pitch since joining the Blues from Inter Milan last summer.
    Berlusconi said to Gazzetta dello Sport: "There is a Milan style of behaviour that I don't think is very close to that of Balotelli.
    "Every now and then, he has a bit of a distraction.
    "I don't think his style suits us."
    The 20-year-old Balotelli grew up a fan of AC Milan and has been linked with the Rossoneri outfit.
    Balotelli was last month dropped from the Italy squad for breaking the national team's code of conduct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast