Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 09-04-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 09-04-11

Latest Transfer Update at 09-04-11

Wayne Rooney - advice from Schmeichel.
    ROONEY SHOULD LEAVE - SCHMEICHEL

Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel has revealed he thinks Wayne Rooney should leave Old Trafford.
    Rooney has been dominating the headlines for the wrong reasons in the past week following his foul-mouthed outburst in the win at West Ham.
    The England star was charged by the Football Association for the incident and he has been ordered to serve a two-game ban after failing with an appeal against the length of the suspension.
    It means Rooney will miss Saturday's Premier League clash with Fulham as well as next weekend's FA Cup semi-final against local rivals Manchester City.
    There has been much speculation about Rooney's demeanour on the pitch and Schemeichel has come to the conclusion that a change of scenery could help the player.
    "I think it would be good for him to get away," Schmechel told Ekstra Bladet.
    "It would be good for him to play for an other club. Real Madrid under Mourinho, is someone that could handle him and get the best out of him.
    "It is painful to say that that the best player you have, which he is at United, he is better off trying something new.
    "United will probably not sell him to another English club, but a change of scenery would help."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 09-04-11

Kuszczak - ready to leave Manchester United.
    KUSZCZAK TO LEAVE MAN UNITED

Goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak has confirmed that he will leave Manchester United at the end of the season.
    The Poland international has been unable to dislodge Edwin van der Sar from the Old Trafford starting XI and has decided to call time on his Old Trafford career.
    Despite the fact that Dutch veteran Van der Sar is hanging up his gloves when the current campaign concludes, Kuszczak is not sticking around to fight for the number one spot.
    Sir Alex Ferguson is widely expected to dip into the transfer market to find a replacement and the former Hertha Berlin and West Brom shot-stopper accepts he does not fit the bill for the Scottish tactician.
    He said: "I'm definitely leaving the club. My time in Manchester is coming to an end.
    "I've worked hard for five years but I never played as much as I wanted. It's a shame the manager didn't really give me a chance.
    "I always believed I can be Edwin van der Sar's successor. Unfortunately, Sir Alex has decided differently.
    "Even though I played many games, I spent most of my time on the bench."
    Kuszczak, who has made just 30 Premier League appearances since arriving at Old Trafford in August 2006, claims he would not have been as patient at any other club.
    But fears over his international future with the European Championships in his homeland looming next summer have left him with little option.
    He added: "I accepted that as I had a great rival, one of the world's best keepers, and Manchester was the only club where I could accept that role for so long.
    "But I've had enough of waiting. I want to play in Euro 2012. Staying here I could be left out by Poland's coach.
    "I spoke to Alex Ferguson about my role on many occasions.
    "The manager was in a difficult position. But he also knew Edwin is retiring after this season so he could give me a few more chances to play.
    "We didn't speak that much to convince me next year I can be number one."

Uploads

Salomon Kalou - wants to be first choice.
    SALOMON KALOU HINTS AT CHELSEA EXIT

Salomon Kalou has revealed that his time at Chelsea could be coming to an end.
    The Blues striker has started just one game in the last seven and made his 94th substitute appearance last Saturday at Stoke.
    The 25-year-old admits he is getting frustrated with the lack of opportunities at Stamford Bridge.
    He told The Guardian: "I think I can talk to the club and see what my position is because it's frustrating to not get involved knowing that you're playing better than others.
    "I did speak to Carlo Ancelotti. He is an understanding man. He knows what I feel as a player because he played before."
    The Ivorian, who signed for the West London giants from Feyenoord in 2006, wants to be first choice striker and if it's not at Chelsea, then it might have to be at another club.
    "Of course. I think about it all the time," Kalou said.
    "That's what my goal is (to be the first choice). If you look at those statistics, if I play double the games, I'm sure I can do better than that.
    "I think people know and I think the club know - they never let me go or try to sell me. I believe that my time is coming at Chelsea, and if it's not at Chelsea it will be at another team."

Uploads

David Moyes - admitted making a bid for Burn.
    MOYES MAKES DARREN BURN BID

Everton boss David Moyes has admitted his attempts to scout Darlington defender Dan Burn on the quiet were scuppered.
    Moyes travelled to Newport County on Tuesday evening to watch the Quakers teenager in action during a Blue Square Premier clash.
    But the Scot's attempts to slip in unnoticed were thwarted and he has now been forced to confirm his interest in the talented teenager.
    Moyes confirmed that a bid had been lodged with the FA Trophy finalists and regards Burn as one for the future.
    "I didn't even put tickets on the door," he said.
    "I was going to pay and stand on the terracing, but I got seen so that was that. I did it because I thought it was the right thing to do.
    "We have made an offer for him and he would come into the same category as Greek striker Apostolos Vellios.
    "So before people say we are making a big signing, it is a young player who might have a chance of improvement.
    "It is very difficult now to spot someone in the lower leagues. There are very few who get overlooked, but then you would say, 'Look at Seamus Coleman'.
    "We got recommended him and took him for 60,000, which we thought was worth doing."

Uploads

Tim Howard - fears the worst this summer.
    TIM HOWARD FEARS EVERTON EXODUS

Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard admits he is fearful a below-par season could see a host of top players leave Goodison Park.
    The Toffees got off to a sluggish start in the league and have struggled to live up to their pre-season hopes of a European finish.
    Despite clawing their way back to seventh, just one place behind bitter rivals Liverpool, the season is regarded in some quarters as one of damage limitation for David Moyes' men.
    The American stopper believes that their position in the league could leave Everton exposed to the Premier League giants eyeing the likes of Jack Rodwell, Marouane Fellaini and Mikel Arteta.
    "That is always a concern. No one likes to talk about that, but football is a business, so it's a concern," said Howard.
    "We lost Steven Pienaar in January, one of our best players, to what he felt were greener pastures.
    "I know we would like to keep all the guys together and there is a collective belief among the core players at the club.
    "You would hope that would ultimately trump the business side of football, but that's easier said than done."
    Despite a precarious period staring the relegation zone in the face earlier in the season, the Toffees have rebounded well to sit within four points of a sixth-place finish.
    And Howard admits that the club have missed a frustrating number of chances to take three points.
    "Four weeks ago we couldn't have even dreamed of looking at sixth, because we were down near the bottom and looking over our shoulder," he added.
    "We've done a good job to put a few results together and to move forward, but we still have a feeling of total frustration.
    "There have been so many points there for the taking. We could have been in the reckoning and it's a shame we are talking about 'what ifs?'
    "We're not Man City who can field two top teams and when we take a few injuries that can set us back, but that's no excuse. We have quality front to back in our squad and we all need to do better."