Sky bin Wayne Rooney's Street Striker show just days after Coca-Cola snub
First Coca-Cola ended its £600-000 deal with Wayne Rooney, now Sky TV have cancelled Wayne Rooney's Street Striker football show.
The decision follows a rocky period for the Manchester United player's image.
Last year he upset fans by insisting he wanted to leave the club, and allegedly cheated on Coleen while she was pregnant. And last week he was given a two-match ban by the FA for swearing into a Sky TV camera after scoring a penalty against West Ham at Upton Park.
He was heard shouting 'What, f**king what?' as his team-mates congratulated him on putting their side 3-2 up.
Street Striker saw the Premier League player search for hot footballing talent around the UK. It started in 2008 and ran for three series, but Sky has confirmed that it won't be commissioning a fourth series.
A spokesman said: 'Street Striker was a programme in partnership with Coke Zero. It was a great success for Sky 1, but we have no plans for another series.’
However, it's likely that the show will appear on another channel. Rooney's spokesman told the Mail on Sunday: ‘Wayne Rooney’s company produced the series and continues to own the rights to the Street Striker logo and format.
‘There are already several commercial partners showing interest and there will undoubtedly be another series, possibly on another platform.’
On the pitch everything is going swimmingly for Rooney as he's hit a run of rich goal-scoring form. Following his hat-trick against West Ham he then scored a brilliant goal against Chelsea in United's 1-0 Champions League victory last week.
Expectations will be high among Red Devil fans for a repeat performance at Old Trafford this Tuesday.