Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11

    Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11


    Louis van Gaal - abrasive style.
    RUMMENIGGE BLAMES VAN GAAL

    Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge claimed Louis van Gaal put himself under pressure to achieve success due to his abrasive style.
    Van Gaal was sacked on Sunday, a day after a 1-1 draw at Nurnberg - a result which further dented Bayern's hopes of playing in next season's Champions League - just under five weeks after it was announced he would be leaving at the end of the season.
    The club have put Van Gaal's assistant Andries Jonker in temporary charge for the remaining five games, with Jupp Heynckes already signed up to take over on a permanent basis in the summer.
    Rummenigge remains a fan of Van Gaal but believes the Dutchman contributed to his own downfall.
    He told Bild: "If you adopt that style of management, just like (Felix) Magath, you have to have success.
    "If you fail then you lose friends. And a look at the table and our record in other competitions is sobering."
    Bayern, who won the domestic double under Van Gaal last season, lost in the semi-finals of the DFB-Pokal to Schalke while they are 14 points behind Bundesliga leaders Borussia Dortmund.
    They exited the Champions League to Inter Milan at the last 16 stage and are not guaranteed to return to Europe's top table next season as they currently sit in fourth, a position which would see them play in the Europa League.
    It has been a disappointing few months for the Bavarian giants but Rummenigge refused to accept the club should have dispensed with Van Gaal last month.
    He added: "I am not sure. We really wanted to play the season out with Van Gaal but with qualification for the Champions League at risk, we had to act."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11

    Bougherra - says he wants fresh challenge.
    McCOIST WANTS BOUGHERRA TALKS

    Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist is keen to hold talks with Madjid Bougherra after he confirmed his desire to leave in the summer.
    The Algeria international still has one year left on his Ibrox deal, but after nearly three seasons with the SPL giants he has expressed a need to take up a fresh challenge elsewhere.
    McCoist, who will replace manager Walter Smith this summer, is keen for Bougherra to stay on, but is against keeping a player if he ultimately wants to leave.
    Gers' assistant will now hold talks with Bougherra in the near future to establish his state of mind and come to a decision on whether the club will facilitate his exit in the summer.
    "The situation with Bougherra is news to me," McCoist told the Daily Record.
    "The first I knew about it was when I read it in the paper on the way up here this morning. However, there's not much we can do about it if the man wants to leave and he's not happy with the contract he has been offered.
    "But I would have liked to have had the opportunity to speak to him about it first. Madjid hasn't spoken to myself, the manager, Kenny McDowall or Ian Durrant. So we need to sit down and discuss a few things.
    "In an ideal world I would love to keep him. There is no question Madjid is one of our better players when he's fit. However, you shouldn't have to brow beat anyone into playing for Rangers.
    "If they don't want to play and are unhappy at Rangers then it's hardly ideal to have them around. That's why I need to have a wee chat with Madjid to find out what he's thinking.
    "But, to be quite frank, there is a lot more going on just now than Madjid, in terms of trying to win titles and club takeovers. His future is just another thing we will have to deal with."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11

    Romelu Lukaku - interests Barcelona.
    AGENT - LUKAKU IS HOT PROPERTY

    Romelu Lukaku's agent claims Europe's top clubs remain on the trail of the 17-year-old striker but concedes his asking price has so far prevented him from leaving Anderlecht.
    Lukaku has long been touted as one of the continent's best young players but with the Belgian side reportedly valuing him at more than 20 million he has yet to be lured away from the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium.
    And despite scoring just twice since Christmas, his agent Christophe Henrotay believes he will still get a big move - but only if the price is right.
    He told the Het Nieuwsblad newspaper: "Europe's top clubs are interested
    "Yes, Barcelona enquired, but at the asking price they would rather go for a Spanish player.
    "If Romelu only cost six million then he would have gone to Barcelona.
    "The problem is that for many clubs he has been too expensive.
    "Up to now there have been two written offers but at the end of the season I expect that many clubs will be knocking on our door."
    On Lukaku poor recent goals return, Henrotay added: "He is still develping his game. He has also had a few injuries and felt the pressure.
    "Romelu is only 17 years of age, it is certainly nothing alarming. Interested teams have not been influenced by criticism in the media."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11

    Bouzid - keen to stay.
    BOUZID WANTS HEARTS STAY

    Ismael Bouzid agent is due in Scotland next week to clarify whether the Algerian defender has a Hearts future.
    The 27-year-old stopper is out of contract in the summer, although the Tynecastle side have the option of extending his stay by a further 12 months.
    Agent Thomas Boehm is due to hold talks with director Sergejus Fedotovas and he insists his client remains keen on staying on.
    "Ismael would like to stay," said Boehm.
    "But I can't say anything more at the moment because I must talk to the Hearts director Sergejus Fedotovas first and then come to Edinburgh next week."
    Dundee United have been applying the pressure on Hearts for third place in the SPL, however, manager Jim Jefferies is staying calm.
    The Tangerines have slashed the gap on the Edinburgh side from 19 points to eight, although Jefferies knows they retain the upper hand.
    "It's well in our hands, that's the bottom line," explained Jefferies.
    "There is only one game left before the split so if we win next week and they lose, everyone will be saying it's over again.
    "Getting over the line is the hardest thing to do in any sport. But I'm sure everyone would prefer to be in our position rather than United's."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11

    Mascherano - going nowhere.
    MASCHERANO STAYING AT BARCA

    Javier Mascherano will not leave Barcelona in favour of Italy this summer, according to the player's agent.
    The Argentina captain joined the Catalan club from Liverpool last summer for around 18million, but has struggled to cement a place in the starting line-up.
    Juventus, AC Milan and Roma have been linked with a move to take the 26-year-old to Serie A, but his agent, Horacio Zandonadi, claims his client has no interest.
    "Mascherano is not moving from Barcelona and there is nothing to say about him going to Italy," Zandonadi told Italian radio station Mana Mana.
    "Mascherano is playing for Barcelona, the best team in the world. What else could he ask for?"
    Zandonadi also suggests an offer is yet to be made from any of Italy's elite and questioned the logic of Roma's link to the player.
    He added: "He wouldn't even consider his future if Juventus or AC Milan made an offer for him. As for Roma, why would they pay more than Barcelona? He is not leaving."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11

    Ancelotti - keeping calm.
    ANCELOTTI NOT FEELING THE HEAT

    Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti does not believe his job depends on the result of the crunch Champions League clash at Manchester United.
    The Italian's position at Stamford Bridge is widely thought to be under threat as his side prepare to run out at Old Trafford trailing 1-0 after the first leg of their quarter-final tie.
    The game is certainly pivotal in Chelsea's season with a late push to retain their Barclays Premier League title - they trail leaders United by 11 points - now seemingly unlikely.
    Yet the 51-year-old, who guided Chelsea to the domestic double last season, has another year on his contract and does not feel he is being put under extra pressure by owner Roman Abramovich.
    When asked at his pre-match press conference if his job was in jeopardy, Ancelotti said: "No. My future is already decided, I don't have a problem about this game.
    "It's not important to speak with Roman. When I have a contract, everything is okay with him.
    "A lot of times I said the pressure, for me, is not bad.
    "Pressure keeps me focused and concentrated, and gives my players the possibility to do their best. I'm focused on this.
    "I know it will be difficult tomorrow, but we have a lot of possibilities to play a fantastic game."
    Ancelotti, who won Europe's elite competition in charge of AC Milan, even claimed that he thrives under such circumstances.
    He added: "I think that, a lot of times, I played this kind of game with this pressure.
    "But it's not pressure, it's excitement.
    "To be involved in this game is fantastic for my job, for my career. So I'm not afraid, I'm not worried about this.
    "I'm happy to have a possibility to be involved in this game, to use my ability and my skill to give to the players the skills to play at their best."
    United boss Sir Alex Ferguson claimed earlier in the day that Abramovich was obsessed with winning the Champions League, and that was his chief reason for spending 50million on Fernando Torres in January.
    Ancelotti does not believe that is the case even amid speculation that he could become a victim of the Russian's pursuit of European glory.
    Chelsea have fallen at the semi-final stage four times since Abramovich bought the club and they also reached the final in 2008, when they lost to United on penalties.
    Ancelotti said: "It's not an obsession, it's a dream.
    "Every time, above all when you're going to play a quarter-final - in three games, we have a possibility to play a final.
    "At this moment of the competition it is a dream to reach the final."
    Ancelotti also claimed he did not mind if out-of-form Torres failed to score again if the team made progress.
    The Spain striker has endured a tortuous time in front of goal since his British record move from Liverpool, failing to score in 10 appearances.
    It has been claimed Ancelotti does not know how best to accommodate a player who may have been purchased above his head.
    But he said: "I'm not interested in a goal for Fernando.
    "I'm interested in Chelsea winning this game. If he scores it's good for him and for Chelsea, but it's just important to win here.
    "For him, he's searching to score a goal.
    "I want to say he doesn't have pressure from us because our aim is that he can play for the squad, to move well for the team, work for the team-mates.
    "I never ask my strikers to score a goal, no."
    Ancelotti confirmed Torres will play some part in the game but would not say if he will start.
    United will be strong favourites to go through to the last four after Wayne Rooney claimed an away goal in the first leg last week.
    Chelsea know they must score but Ancelotti will not be reckless.
    He said: "We know we have to win. We know we have 90 minutes, so we have to play well for 90 minutes.
    "We are not going to put strong pressure from the beginning.
    "We need to have time to play our football and to score.
    "We have to play with balance because United on the counter-attack after very dangerous. This is our aim."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11

    Kaka - wants to fulfil his ambitions at Real.
    KAKA REJECTS REAL EXIT TALK

    Brazilian midfield star Kaka has hit out at suggestions that he wants to leave Real Madrid and vowed to knuckle down and win over the fans who have yet to see the best of their 63 million signing.
    Kaka, 28, joined Real in the summer of 2009 for 63 million (56 million) from AC Milan, but a recurrence of knee injuries have limited his playing time and there was speculation that Kaka wanted to leave with old club Milan, Chelsea and Manchester City all prepared to snap up the Brazilian for a cut-price deal.
    A knee injury at the World Cup saw Kaka miss the first five months of the league campaign, but the midfielder made his first league start of the season in the 3-0 win at Athletic Bilbao on Saturday and weighed in with two goals to remind the Real fans of his qualities.
    "Some people took advantage of my injury and said I wanted to go but that isn't true," Kaka said in AS. "I want to triumph at Real Madrid.
    "I feel like I owe it to Real Madrid and the fact that I haven't fulfilled expectations bothers me.
    "I understand the fans. I hope to win over the fans again with time and by playing some important games. I only ask for time."
    Kaka has come back at a crucial time with Real battling it out with arch rivals Barcelona as they look to try and secure a historic treble, although they have their work cut out in the league with Barcelona eight points clear at the top.
    "(Real) Madrid can beat Barcelona as they are not unbeatable," said Kaka. "I think we can win the league, Champions League and Copa del Rey."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11

    Marchisio - reported target for Man United.
    MARCHISIO SNUBS UNITED INTEREST

    Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has distanced himself from a reported move to Manchester United.
    Speculation linking the Italy international with the Premier League outfit has been mounting in his homeland of late, with Sir Alex Ferguson thought to be an admirer.
    Marchisio, though, claims he will reject any advance from United, stating his overwhelming happiness at the Serie A side.
    "It's nice because they are a great team," Marchisio told Forzaitalianfootball.com.
    "But I am a Juve player and I can't think of anything better than to finish the season wearing this jersey. I hope to continue here for as long as possible."
    Juventus are currently in seventh place in Serie A, but three wins on the spin appear to have bought manager Luigi Delneri some extra time, with European qualification now within sight.
    Some fans have, at times, called for his dismissal this season, but Marchisio insists the dressing room have been right behind him and he is not ruling out a top-four finish just yet.
    He said: "The most important thing is to let Del Neri quietly get on with his job because until the end of the season the team is with him," Marchisio told Radio Monte Carlo.
    "The team has always been with him and the most important thing is to try and finish the season well. Then the club will have a way to make a decision.
    "The most important thing is to think about our games. We have to try and win them all to have any hope of finishing in fourth place.
    "It's also true that Roma, Lazio and Udinese all have difficult games to come. It's all to play for."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11

    Rooney - tough season.
    SCHMEICHEL CLARIFIES ROONEY COMMENTS

    Peter Schmeichel has sought to clarify comments he made regarding Wayne Rooney's future at Manchester United.
    The Old Trafford legend was reported to have told press in Denmark over the weekend that 'a change of scenery' would do Rooney good.
    Following a difficult season for the United striker, which has seen him become embroiled in an unsettling contract saga and banned for two matches for swearing into a television camera, Schmeichel said a fresh start would be beneficial for the England international.
    He told Ekstra Bladet: "It would be good for him to play for another club. Real Madrid, under Mourinho, is someone that could handle him and get the best out of him.
    "It is painful to say that that the best player you have, which he is at United, he is better off trying something new.
    "United will probably not sell him to another English club, but a change of scenery would help."
    Schmeichel has now insisted he was only hinting at possibilities for Rooney, not suggesting he should move on.
    He wrote on his personal Twitter account: "Was asked what would make Rooney happy. Only suggested a new challenge would make him happy. Never said he SHOULD move."
    The former United goalkeeper added later on: "I don't want anyone, especially Rooney, leaving United but he doesn't look happy at the place."

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11

    Subotic - Premier League target.
    AGENT - NO OFFERS FOR SUBOTIC

    Highly-rated Borussia Dortmund defender Neven Subotic is yet to attract any formal offers from Premier League clubs, according to his agent.
    The young Serbia international, who is contracted at the Bundesliga outfit until 2014, has been linked with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United, as well as Spanish giants Barcelona.
    But while agent Stephen Kelly says Subotic is aware of the interest, he insists the 22-year-old has not been the subject of any concrete bids.
    Kelly told Calciomercato.it: "Arsenal, Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester United? He's a good defender and it is normal to talk a lot about him, but I can assure you that I have not had contact with any team.
    "He has a contract until 2014 and it would still take a very important offer to convince Borussia to sell."
    Subotic, a regular performer for the Serbia national side, arrived at Borussia from Bundesliga rivals Mainz in 2008 and has notched up 27 league appearances this season.

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 21-03-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-03-2011, 11:21:55
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 05-03-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 13:06:32
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 04-03-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 11:29:32
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 03-03-11.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 11:23:25
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 21-02-11.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-02-2011, 15:08:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •