Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 20-04-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 20-04-11

Latest Transfer Update at 20-04-11

Robben - not planning to move on.
    ROBBEN NOT PLANNING TO MOVE

Arjen Robben insists he is committed to Bayern Munich and is not planning to leave the club at the end of the season.
    The Dutch winger's future at the Allianz Arena has been the subject of speculation in recent weeks following Bayern's disappointing campaign in the Bundesliga.
    Bayern currently sit third in the table, but reports had suggested a failure to hang on to that UEFA Champions League spot could prompt Robben's exit.
    AC Milan have been linked with a bid for the 27-year-old, although Bayern stressed earlier this month that they would not be looking to sell Robben.
    The former Chelsea and Real Madrid wide-man, who has two years left on his contract, has now come out to state that he is not considering his future at Bayern.
    "I have never said I am planning to move on," affirmed Robben to Munich-based newspaper tz.
    "I did not say I need to move on if we are only going to feature in the UEFA Europa League next season.
    "I am contracted to Bayern, so I am going to remain.
    "I intend to be honest towards the supporters of the club. It's a fact I have never thought about moving on from Bayern Munich."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-04-11

Mancini - agent denies Del Neri replacement talks.
    JUVE DENY MANCINI INTEREST

Juventus insist there have been no talks with Roberto Mancini's agent over the possibility of the Manchester City manager taking charge of the Italian club.
    Mancini's position at Eastlands will come under increased scrutiny if City fail to secure UEFA Champions League qualification for next season and speculation has suggested he could return to Serie A.
    Juventus have been linked with a move for a new boss after a disappointing season, although Luigi Del Neri remains under contract for another year.
    Reports that Mancini could be their No.1 target started to surface after it emerged they had held discussions with his representative, but Juve general manager Giuseppe Marotta claims that is not the case.
    "I met Giorgio De Giorgis (Mancini's agent), but we just chatted about football in general," he told Sky Sport Italia.
    "Even about Roberto Mancini? No, Mancini has a contract with City and we talked with De Giorgis about players."
    Marotta also played down rumours connecting Napoli chief Walter Mazzarri with the Juve job, saying Del Neri remains the man at the helm.
    "With Del Neri we have a two-year relationship, but it's evident that we will evaluate many things at the end of the season," said Marotta.
    "Del Neri has done a difficult job in the best way.
    "Mazzarri has a contract with Napoli and the club president (Aurelio) De Laurentiis has told the coach he will stay there for two more years.
    "It is wrong to link Juventus to coaches that are bound with contracts to other clubs."

Uploads

Ancelotti - no need for wholesale change.
    BLUES DON'T NEED CLEAR OUT - ANCELOTTI

Carlo Ancelotti has insisted there is no need for a fire sale at Chelsea this summer, regardless of who is manager.
    The past week has seen Blues boss Ancelotti appear all but resigned to losing his job at the end of the season after overseeing what is set to be the club's worst campaign since Roman Abramovich's takeover.
    There has also been intense speculation about the future of several of Chelsea's senior players, many of whom have been unable to maintain their form from last term.
    There has been no sign of the likes of Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka and Jose Bosingwa being offered new contracts to replace the ones which expire at the end of next season, while questions have also been asked about the durability of Michael Essien, John Obi Mikel, Salomon Kalou, and even Frank Lampard and captain John Terry.
    But despite Chelsea sitting in third place behind Manchester United and Arsenal in the Premier League and suffering earlier-than-expected exits from every cup competition this term, Ancelotti was adamant only minor changes are needed.
    He said: "I don't think there will be a lot of changes during the summer because we bought very important players in January, David Luiz and (Fernando) Torres.
    "I don't think we need to have too many more changes."
    Many of Chelsea's players are now in their thirties but Ancelotti claimed this did not mean they were on the way down.
    "After 30 years old, you can use your experience to maintain yourself at the top level," he said.
    "I think that football is not just physical, it's not just technical. It's experience, ability to manage yourself, to be professional.
    "When you increase your age, your professionalism improves every time - if you are intelligent.
    "I think that this club has very intelligent players." Players that are not so easily replaced, according to Ancelotti, who added: "Every player has particular skills and abilities, which are difficult to replace."
    Indeed, Chelsea's season began to unravel when injuries struck towards the end of last year and Ancelotti gave his clearest indication yet that his squad was not strong enough after five senior players were allowed to leave last summer.
    "I don't think the squad was good enough this year," said the Italian, who nevertheless insisted the club's injury crisis had been unforeseeable.
    "At the start of the season, we couldn't have envisaged having very important players out at the same time.
    "We struggled to manage this - without Lampard, Drogba, Essien, Terry, Alex. It was very difficult.
    "At a certain point in the season, we needed to put (Paulo) Ferreira in at centre-back because we'd lost all our other centre-backs."
    Ancelotti could be faced with a decision in defence for the game against Birmingham, with Alex out and Branislav Ivanovic a doubt.
    Midfielder Ramires is also missing and, like, Alex will not return until after Saturday's game with West Ham.

Uploads

Leonardo - not concerned over sack.
    LEONARDO NOT WORRIED BY EXIT TALK

Inter Milan coach Leonardo is not concerned by speculation that he may lose his job.
    Reports in Italy suggest the Brazilian may be on his way out and that former Nerazzurri coach Jose Mourinho could leave his post at Real Madrid and return to the Inter helm.
    The Portuguese guided Inter to a Serie A, Champions League and Coppa Italia treble last season before joining the Spanish giants.
    "I am not worried about these rumours," Leonardo said. "I'm not thinking about the future. I live in the present.
    "I don't even think about these things.
    "I have an open rapport with the club president (Massimo Moratti).
    "He knows me, knows what I think and the only thing that interests me is to find a solution so that the team wins."
    Leonardo coached AC Milan last season but parted ways with the Rossoneri, only to come back to Italy from Brazil to replace Rafael Benitez when he was sacked by Inter earlier this year.
    He enjoyed a strong start but his squad have endured a difficult spell in recent weeks, with their Champions League title defence ended by Schalke and city rivals Milan strengthening their grip on top spot in Serie A.
    Inter did beat Roma 1-0 last night in the first leg of their Coppa Italia semi-final at the Stadio Olimpico, though.
    "It was important to halt the negative run of results," Leonardo said.
    "It wasn't easy, especially after our Champions League elimination.
    "But against Roma we showed maturity and we took an important result - something that is not easy to do in Rome.
    "Now we must continue to win.
    "We still have five league games and the Coppa Italia and we need to remain lucid and calm."
    Inter have lost two of their last three league games and host Lazio on Saturday trailing Milan by eight points with five games remaining.

Uploads

Del Neri - future to be evaluated.
    DEL NERI WAITS OVER JUVE FUTURE

Juventus coach Luigi Del Neri will not know until the end of the season if he is to remain in charge of the club next year.
    Del Neri joined Juve last summer and is under contract until June 2012.
    However, Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has been linked by the Italian media with the Bianconeri hotseat this summer.
    "Del Neri has one year left in his contract but it's evident that at the end of the season we will evaluate many things," said Juve general director Giuseppe Marotta.
    "We recognise Del Neri's merits and we will evaluate the coach's situation at the right time, in the next couple of weeks.
    "We will consider his professionalism, the work he has done and the problems he has had to deal with this campaign."
    The Turin outfit have been hindered by injuries and also failed to find any consistency this season.
    Juve trail fourth placed Lazio by eight points with five games remaining.
    The top four teams in Serie A qualify for the Champions League next season.

Uploads

Neuer - looking for a change.
    SCHALKE RESIGNED TO NEUER LOSS

Schalke have confirmed that goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has turned down the offer of a new contract beyond 2012, paving the way for him to move to Bundesliga rivals Bayern Munich.
    Since Schalke can only demand a fee for the Germany international this summer or lose him on a free transfer in 2012, a sale of the 25-year-old is now inevitable and Bayern have already declared their interest.
    "I have taken this decision without any external influence," explained Neuer on his club's website.
    "The decision has nothing to do with the change of coach or any other person at another club.
    "I have a great deal to thank Schalke and their unique fans for, but I would like to have the opportunity for a change after 20 years' faithful service to this club."
    Neuer's move to Bayern is still some way away as the clubs must still agree on a fee, but Neuer's departure from the Gelsenkirchen club should soon be sealed.
    "As much as it hurts us, we have accepted this development and we respect it," commented the club's director of sport Horst Heldt.
    "How things develop with Manuel Neuer will emerge in the coming weeks and maybe months, but we are now concentrating on our sporting challenges and the rest will follow in due course."
    Neuer also confirmed his commitment to the Royal Blues for the final few weeks of the season in which they are playing for a place in the final of the Champions League and for the DFB-Pokal.
    "I have made this decision and I wanted to make it public, but now all of the concentration focuses on Schalke's goals for the season," he added.
    "I agree with Horst Heldt that we must have peace and quiet to be as successful as possible in the coming games."

Uploads

Obinna - wants Napoli move claims agent.
    OBINNA KEEN ON NAPOLI SWITCH

Victor Obinna has ruled out any chance of making a permanent move to West Ham and has set his sights on Napoli.
    The striker is at Upton Park on a season-long loan from Inter Milan but will become a free agent when his contract expires in the summer.
    The Nigerian, 23, who spent last season in Spain on loan with Malaga, has set his sights on a return to Serie A, with Napoli his first-choice destination.
    "Obinna hopes to come to Napoli, which is a place he has always liked," his agent Valentino Nerbini told the Daily Mail.
    "A few years ago, a deal was in place to take him there for around 5m. However, the deal broke down over problems relating to image rights.
    "Now that Obinna could arrive on a free transfer, Napoli would be crazy not to take him. The dream is to come to Napoli, a club who are playing beautiful football at the moment."

Uploads

Oenning - 'honoured' to be given Hamburg role.
    OENNING AGREES HAMBURG STAY

Michael Oenning is set to be confirmed as Hamburg's coach for next season after agreeing in principle to a contract extension with the club's new director of sport Frank Arnesen.
    Oenning took over from Armin Veh earlier this year, initially on a contract until the end of the campaign.
    However, he has done enough since taking charge to convince the club's bosses that he should be confirmed as their coach for next term as well.
    "We have reached an agreement and we just need to put it into a contract," revealed Oenning on his club's website.
    "I expect that to happen in the next few days. We just need to clear a few things up.
    "It is an honour for me and I am very proud to be coach of Hamburg."
    Oenning wants to turn HSV into a top team and has declared winning the Bundesliga to be his ultimate ambition.
    "We are still in the middle of team planning for next season and I think we will have to adjust our expectations accordingly, but I do want to win the Bundesliga," he said.
    "Of course next season we can play for a place in Europe, but even that is not going to be easy."

Uploads

Delaney - happy to have committed his future.
    DELANEY SIGNS NEW IPSWICH DEAL

Damien Delaney has pledged his future to Ipswich Town by signing a new contract which could keep him at Portman Road at 2014.
    The Republic of Ireland defender has agreed a two-year deal with the option of spending a further 12 months with the Championship club.
    Delaney's previous deal was due to expire at the end of the season and the 29-year-old is happy to be staying with Paul Jewell's side.
    "I'm obviously delighted that everything is done and dusted now with the contract and I'm looking forward to spending at least two more years here and helping the club reach the Premier League," Damien told the club's official website.
    "I came here to win promotion and that's the aim. I believe we can do it and I wouldn't have signed a new deal unless I felt that.
    "There is a lot of optimism about the place and the results have shown that recently. There are too many positives, too much optimism to walk away from Ipswich Town.
    "I tend to follow my gut instinct and everything was telling me to stay here and be part of a club that is moving forward."

Uploads

Taider - spending a week training with Bristol City.
    ROBINS LOOK AT TAIDER

Bristol City have taken Tunisia international Nabil Taider on trial as manager Keith Millen considers potential signings for next season.
    Taider is currently a free agent after leaving Turkish club Sivasspor and is spending a week training with the Robins.
    He featured for an hour for the reserves on Tuesday against their Yeovil Town counterparts as the midfielder tries to impress City's coaching staff.
    "We are just having a look at him," assistant manager Steve Wigley told the club's official website.
    "He's got four caps for Tunisia and has also played for the France Under 21 side in the past.
    "He is training with us this week. He is clearly a good footballer but he hasn't many games under his belt recently."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast