Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 26-04-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 26-04-11

Latest Transfer Update at 26-04-11

Man Utd target Wesley Sneijder - happy at Inter.
    MAN UTD TARGET SNEIJDER HAPPY AT INTER

Wesley Sneijder insists he is happy at Inter Milan despite rumours of interest from Manchester United.
    The Dutch midfield maestro is reported to be high on Sir Alex Ferguson's list of summer transfer targets.
    Sneijder was asked about a possible move to Old Trafford whilst speaking on Dutch radio.
    "Do I want to go to United? It's a beautiful club," admitted Sneijder on Studio Ajax.
    "But I'm fine in Milan and not at the point to think about it."
    Sneijder was joined on air by his compatriot Rafael van der Vaart and the Spurs man joked he should think about a move to London rather than Manchester.
    "All the players from Man United and [Manchester] City are coming to the city of London in their own time," he quipped.
    "I think that says enough about that city."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-04-11

Arshavin - heading back to Zenit?
    ZENIT KEEN TO RE-SIGN ARSHAVIN

Zenit St Petersburg have confirmed they would be interested in re-signing unsettled Arsenal midfielder Andrey Arshavin.
    Arshavin joined Arsenal for a club record 15million fee in 2009 but has struggled to hit top form this season, prompting talk of an Emirates exit in the summer.
    And one way out, should Gunners boss Arsene Wenger decide the Russia international is surplus to requirements, could be his former club.
    "Zenit's doors are always open for Andrey," Zenit's sporting director Igor Korneev told Talksport.
    "If his situation at Arsenal does not improve and he's not comfortable in London, we can study this issue in time for next season."

Uploads

Weiss - keen on Rangers return.
    WEISS WANTS GERS RETURN

Rangers loan star Vladimir Weiss admits he would love the chance to return to Ibrox next season.
    Weiss has spent the season on loan at Rangers from Manchester City, but he is set to miss the run-in because of a broken foot.
    The Slovakia international has enjoyed his time at Rangers and, with his long-term future at City uncertain, would be open to returning to Glasgow next season under new manager Ally McCoist.
    "I've not spoken to Ally about next season yet. But all I know is I would love to stay at Rangers," Weiss told the Daily Record.
    "The problem is, as things stand, I don't think they can afford to pay what Man City are asking.
    "But we'll have to see if things change in the next few months.
    "I need to get myself fit again and then I can look at where I'll be playing next season.
    "If it's not Rangers next year then I really want to come back at some stage in my career because the club is in my heart now."
    Meanwhile, Weiss claims Celtic boss Neil Lennon's touchline antics have fired up Rangers for the title run-in.
    Lennon cupped two hands to his ears in a gesture of defiance to the Rangers fans after Sunday's goalless draw between the two sides.
    The draw leaves the title in Celtic's hands, but Weiss insists Lennon's actions are giving Walter Smith's side extra motivation to win the title.
    "It seems to me he'll do what he wants to do - nothing can stop him," added Weiss.
    "It fires us up when we see some of the things he does - making gestures to our fans or whatever."

Uploads

Brown - couldn't save Preston from drop.
    PRESTON BOARD BACKING FOR BROWN

Preston chairman Maurice Lindsay believes Phil Brown is the right man to turn the club's fortunes around.
    The Lilywhites slipped through the Championship trapdoor on Monday, with a 1-0 defeat to high-flying Cardiff rubber-stamping their relegation.
    The drop has been on the cards for much of the season, with a disappointing campaign having left them languishing towards the foot of the table for long periods.
    Results did improve following the appointment of Brown in January, but he was unable to steer them clear of trouble.
    Preston now know that they will be playing in League One next season, but there will be no rash decisions made by the club's board.
    Lindsay is confident that the Lilywhites have what it takes to bounce straight back, and insists former Hull City boss Brown is capable of leading a promotion push.
    "The team went down fighting and they've been fighting for many weeks," he said.
    "It's been on the cards for quite some time now.
    "It's been slowly sinking in that the club needed to rebuild. The signing of Phil Brown is fantastic.
    "In League One, we would have the basis of a new Preston North End team. We've just run out of games."

Uploads

Rangers - takeover talk.
    GOOD NEWS FOR WHYTE'S GERS BID

Craig Whyte's takeover bid appears to be back on track after he moved closer to winning over the independent committee of the Rangers board.
    The Scottish tycoon was believed to be on the verge of completing his buy-out last Monday after agreeing a deal with majority shareholder Sir David Murray and main creditor Lloyds Banking Group.
    Whyte's deal has been in the pipeline since November but hit a stumbling block last week when Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston raised doubts over the offer and revealed plans to explore a plan B, with director Paul Murray believed to be the man fronting a consortium.
    However, after meeting with members of the Rangers board, Whyte appears to have taken a major step forward in convincing them about the merits of his bid.
    Johnston told BBC Scotland: "The committee are now much closer to viewing Craig Whyte's bid as the right one for Rangers."
    (re-opens) Meanwhile, Vladimir Weiss has revealed a desire to return to Rangers next season when Ally McCoist is boss.
    The winger, who joined the champions on loan from Manchester City, is out for the remainder of the campaign with a broken bone in his foot.
    But Weiss - who was among the Rangers fans at Sunday's Old Firm derby - hopes he has not played his last game for the club.
    He told the Daily Record: "I've not spoken to Ally about next season yet. But all I know is I would love to stay at Rangers.
    "The problem is, as things stand, I don't think they can afford to pay what Man City are asking. But we'll have to see if things change in the next few months.
    "I need to get myself fit again and then I can look at where I'll be playing next season.
    "If it's not Rangers next year then I really want to come back at some stage in my career because the club is in my heart now."

Uploads

Boateng - no Bayern approach.
    BOATENG-BAYERN TALK DISMISSED

Jerome Boateng's agent has played down talk linking the Manchester City defender with a move to Bayern Munich.
    Reports in Germany have suggested that Bayern are lining up a move to bring the former Hamburg star back to the Bundesliga after one season in England.
    The 22-year-old has endured a difficult first season in the Premier League with injuries restricting his first-team opportunities.
    Bayern are in the market for defensive reinforcements and Boateng was thought to be on their wanted list.
    However, Boateng's agent, Jorg Neubauer, insists he has received no contact from Bayern for the German international.
    "The whole issue is a newspaper theme," Neubauer told Kicker. "I don't have to think about a transfer as long as no one approaches me."
    When asked if Boateng would consider a move to Bayern, Neubauer said: "I cannot confirm that."

Uploads

Mandanda - eyeing Premier League switch.
    MANDANDA KEEN ON ENGLAND SWITCH

Marseille goalkeeper Steve Mandanda would welcome the opportunity to test himself in the Premier League.
    The France international is currently contracted to Marseille until 2013, but has refused to rule out the prospect of making a move to England.
    The 26-year-old claims to be fully focused on Marseille's Ligue 1 title pursuit for now, but has revealed there is a chance he could soon be on his way out of the club.
    Mandanda told France Football: "I am focused on the end of the season at the moment. It is an important time for the club and for my future.
    "Maybe my future will depend on the final few games, but I am not obsessed with the need to secure a move.
    "I can either stay or leave. One thing is for sure, I feel happy at Marseille and would have no problem staying.
    "If I were to leave, I don't believe there is a club in France that are better than Marseille.
    "Which country attracts me the most? England. For me it is the best league in Europe.
    "I also like the Spanish league. But the two biggest clubs in Spain already have huge keepers."

Uploads

Brown - couldn't save Preston from drop.
    PRESTON BOARD BACKING FOR BROWN

Preston chairman Maurice Lindsay believes Phil Brown is the right man to turn the club's fortunes around.
    The Lilywhites slipped through the Championship trapdoor on Monday, with a 1-0 defeat to high-flying Cardiff rubber-stamping their relegation.
    The drop has been on the cards for much of the season, with a disappointing campaign having left them languishing towards the foot of the table for long periods.
    Results did improve following the appointment of Brown in January, but he was unable to steer them clear of trouble.
    Preston now know that they will be playing in League One next season, but there will be no rash decisions made by the club's board.
    Lindsay is confident that the Lilywhites have what it takes to bounce straight back, and insists former Hull City boss Brown is capable of leading a promotion push.
    "The team went down fighting and they've been fighting for many weeks," he said.
    "It's been on the cards for quite some time now.
    "It's been slowly sinking in that the club needed to rebuild. The signing of Phil Brown is fantastic.
    "In League One, we would have the basis of a new Preston North End team. We've just run out of games."