Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 27-04-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 27-04-11

Latest Transfer Update at 27-04-11

Ronaldo - won't be sold.
    MILAN WARNED OFF RONALDO

Real Madrid general manager Jorge Valdano wants to draw a line under any suggestion that Cristiano Ronaldo could be sold to AC Milan.
    The Italian club's owner, and the country's prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi, has admitted that he dreams of signing the world's most expensive player.
    But Valdano has echoed Real's market consultant, Ernesto Bronzetti, in ruling out the possibility of selling Ronaldo just two years after paying Manchester United £80million for him.
    "It is nice to know that a president like Berlusconi and a club like AC Milan dream of our players," Valdano told Sky Sport Italia.
    "But I can say that Cristiano Ronaldo will definitely remain with us. He's happy here so the discussion is closed.
    "I can say to Berlusconi that this is not the right time to buy him."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 27-04-11

Reina - insists he's happy at Anfield.
    REINA 'HAPPY' AT LIVERPOOL

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina has given his strongest indication that he will stay at Anfield next season.
    The Spaniard's future on Merseyside has been the subject of conjecture after an indifferent campaign for the Reds.
    Reina had previously hinted he could be forced to leave the club if they were not competing for honours on a consistent basis.
    However, Reina has been encouraged by the progress of the side under Kenny Dalglish and believes the club's American owners Fenway Sports Group will make money available to bolster the squad this summer.
    "I am happy, calm and comfortable here," Reina told the Spanish radio station Cadena Cope.
    "[I am] looking towards the future which I reckon will bring a lot of happiness and hopefully the new project with the new American owners [Fenway Sports Group] will be a convincing one.
    "Obviously [Rafael] Benítez brought me here but that doesn't mean that I'm unhappy with [Kenny] Dalglish, quite the opposite. I think he's the ideal man for Liverpool at this moment.
    "It's my understanding, and based on what I've gathered from the people here, that we will be bringing in some important players, continuing to grow and hopefully in one or two years we will be in the place that Liverpool deserves to be, which is fighting for titles."
    Reina has been mentioned as a possible target for Liverpool's bitter rivals Manchester United, but the former Barcelona and Villarreal keeper insists he has no plans to move to Old Trafford.
    "I am not going to Manchester, that is not my intention," added Reina. "I don't know if I am a candidate for them; I am sure that they have evaluated a lot of goalkeepers, not just [David] De Gea or Reina."

Uploads

Amauri - agent claims Tottenham interest.
    TOTTENHAM KEEN ON AMAURI - AGENT

Tottenham are chasing the signature of on-loan Parma striker Amauri, according to his agent.
    The 30-year-old, who arrived at the Ennio Tardini from parent club Juventus in the January transfer window, has impressed for Parma during his short stay.
    The experienced striker has knocked in seven goals for the Italian side, including a double to seal their 2-0 victory at Udinese on Saturday.
    Amauri's agent Ernesto Bronzetti claims the striker's performances at the Serie A club have caught the attention of numerous European outfits, including Spurs.
    "There are several clubs interested," Bronzetti told Tuttosport.
    "There are at least eight bids for him - from England where I can reveal Tottenham (are interested), but also from Spain and Germany."
    Bronzetti says Amauri has also attracted interest from other clubs in Serie A, adding: "In Italy there are two clubs on him, one in Rome (Lazio or Roma) and one in Milan (AC or Inter Milan) but I cannot say which."
    Amauri has been a revelation at Parma after struggling for goals while at Juve, scoring just five times in the league in 2009 and only once last year.
    Bronzetti has revealed Amauri, a Brazilian-born Italy international, will wait until the end of the season before making a decision on his future.
    "In Parma, Amauri is proving his worth. He is a champion who has found serenity," added Bronzetti.
    "At the end of the season he will decide his next team along with Juventus."

Uploads

Odemwingie - linked with Juventus.
    ODEMWINGIE EXPECTS CONTRACT OFFER

West Brom star Peter Odemwingie is expecting the club to offer him a new deal to keep him at The Hawthorns.
    Odemwingie has been a big success in the Premier League this season since his arrival from Lokomotiv Moscow last summer.
    The Nigeria international has scored 13 goals and his performances have alerted a number of clubs across Europe, including Italian giants Juventus.
    However, Odemwingie insists he is happy at West Brom and is ready to discuss a new, improved deal with the Baggies.
    "I've heard a lot recently about Juventus being interested, but I try not to pay too much attention to it," said Odemwingie.
    "My intention is to continue playing in England and if West Brom is not relegated I'm only too happy to stay.
    "The 13 goals I have scored in my first year in England is a decent result although I am aiming for more. Ideally, I would like to finish with at least 15.
    "It's likely that in the summer the management will offer me a new contract on better terms in the summer."

Uploads

Holloway - fighting to stay in the Premier League.
    HOLLOWAY 'CHILLED' FOR SUMMER

Ian Holloway insists he is not worrying about who Blackpool may lose in the summer after drawing up two different lists of transfer targets.
    Blackpool are battling to avoid becoming one-season wonders in the Premier League and currently sit outside the relegation zone only on goal difference.
    Midfielder Charlie Adam is widely expected to leave at the end of the season after attracting bids from the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham in January.
    David Vaughan, Stephen Crainey and Matt Gilks, meanwhile, are among those out of contract and Holloway acknowledged which division Blackpool will be playing in next season will dictate his summer plans.
    "I am completely chilled about it but obviously I have had a look around and done some research," said Holloway in the Blackpool Gazette.
    "I've had a look at who is out of contract, who has an option, and who definitely won't be here, because I can't force them to sign something. And when you look at that, there are a lot of changes.
    "I would imagine we'll lose a few, as who in their right mind wouldn't want to go and do that? Unless we stay up and unless we can improve what we've offered them so far, we might lose them.
    "If we do that, with the extra money we'll have for staying up, then it might change the dynamics of who is still here.
    "But at the end of the day, I can't hide the fact my lads have done much better than anybody thought they would, and they might be sought after.
    "Until I know definitely, I can't make proper decisions, so what is the point of worrying.
    "But I have started looking for new players because that is part of the job. It is a tickover type situation, you are always on the look-out and always trying to improve and move forward.
    "We are looking for next year, we are looking for people. But we have two budgets. One is up high, figure x, and the other is way lower, figure y.
    "There are a lot less people I can get in figure y let me tell you. It is really going to be difficult, but what a fantastic challenge this is."

Uploads

Angel Rangel - on Millwall's radar.
    LIONS LINKED WITH RANGEL

Swansea right-back Angel Rangel is a summer target for Millwall.
    The Spaniard will be out of contract at the end of June after talks over a new City deal stalled.
    He has previously been linked with a move to the Premier League, but his agent is prepared to listen to any Lions offer.
    Xavi Cruz told the South Wales Evening Post: "I have heard of Millwall's interest. In the summer we will listen to all the managers and then make a decision.
    "That will be based on what is best for the player and for the club he goes to.
    "Now is not the time to discuss where Angel will be playing next season because Swansea still have to complete their season and probably the play-offs."

Uploads

Eriksson - hoping for busy summer.
    SVEN SET FOR RECRUITMENT DRIVE

Sven-Goran Eriksson has already drawn up a list of Leicester's transfer targets.
    City's play-off hopes are all-but dead, as Eriksson admits, and the focus now is on building a squad capable of challenging at the Championship's top end next term.
    The Foxes have a host of Premier League players on loan, and Eriksson knows it could be a busy summer if they all return to their employers.
    He said: "We have started looking at names but not spoken to any clubs yet. You aren't really allowed to do that until the end of the season so we don't want to do that.
    "I hope it will be very busy summer. A lot depends on the loan players' situations. That is the key, and then some other positions. We know what we need."

Uploads

Jutkiewicz - backing Thorn's claims.
    LUKAS: MAKE THORN FULL-TIME BOSS

Lukas Jutkiewicz wants Coventry to appoint Andy Thorn on a full-time deal.
    Caretaker Thorn is still waiting to hear whether he will replace Aidy Boothroyd despite suffering just one defeat during his spell in charge.
    And striker Jutkiewicz reckons Thorn and his assistant Steve Harrison deserve better.
    "I think it is important that there is stability at the club and Andy and 'H' bring that," he told the Coventry Telegraph. "I can't see why they wouldn't be appointed full-time.
    "They certainly deserve to get the job because our performances have improved so much and we have got points on the board.
    "Andy has changed the confidence of the lads and he has every right to expect to get the job."

Uploads

Innes - will move on in the summer.
    INNES PLANNING CALEY EXIT

Inverness defender Chris Innes has revealed he will be leaving the club at the end of the season for personal reasons.
    The 34-year-old, whose contract expires this summer, will not be signing a new deal as he plans to live closer to his Edinburgh-based family.
    Innes admits the distance between Inverness and his family home has taken its toll on him and that he will look for a new club closer to Edinburgh.
    "I have told the gaffer I can't re-sign," Innes told the Daily Record. "I am based in Edinburgh and have three small children. The toll it has taken on me mentally and physically is far too much.
    "I have an eight-month-old, a two-year-old and a five-year-old. My wife, Lara, is looking after them. The gaffer is an easy guy to speak to about family as he is a very family-orientated man.
    "He was very understanding. He said there was no problem and said he knew where I was coming from."
    Boss Terry Butcher has admitted he would like to bring loan star Aaron Doran back to the club next season as well as sort out a new deal for Shane Sutherland.
    "I would like to get Aaron back here," noted Butcher. "He is a great, bubbly character and a good player as well.
    "Shane will also be offered a contract so hopefully these moves will work out."

Uploads

Joe Murphy - out of contract.
    MURPHY PONDERING IRON FUTURE

Joe Murphy says he has "a lot of thinking" to do before he commits his future to Scunthorpe.
    The goalkeeper is out of contract this summer and is facing a second relegation in four seasons with Iron.
    Boss Alan Knill is ready to offer Murphy a deal, but the 29-year-old reckons it could be time to move on after five years at Glanford Park.
    He told the Scunthorpe Telegraph: "I have to ask myself whether I can be a League One goalkeeper, which is a big question.
    "When you're out of contract you can speak to other clubs and there's been one or two things, but nothing will happen until maybe June time because of people having a break.
    "The gaffer here is putting a package together, so I'll have to sit down with him to discuss that. Everybody wants to play at as high a level as they can. I'm going to have to do a lot of thinking."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast