Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 10-05-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 10-05-11

Latest Transfer Update at 10-05-11

Bendtner - unhappy with right-wing role.
    BENDTNER SEEKS WENGER TALKS

Nicklas Bendtner is planning to sit down with Arsene Wenger and discuss his future as an Arsenal player.
    The Denmark striker has regularly expressed his disappointment at a lack of first-team opportunities with the Gunners this season.
    Bendtner has also aired his frustration at being played out of position when he does get on the field, and admits he is keen to know where he stands in his manager's plans ahead of the summer.
    "I need to have a talk with him [Wenger] because I'm not satisfied with playing on the right wing, which I've done more or less all season long," Bendtner told TV2.
    "I'm concentrating on getting our Champions League place and then we'll do the evaluation at the end of the season. It's certainly not the best thing for me but it's not up to me and sometimes you have to adapt to what the manager says."
    Bayern Munich are reported to be keeping a close eye on Bendtner's situation at the Emirates, with there a chance the transfer door could soon swing open.
    Bendtner has refused to comment on the speculation, but has revealed what his dream move would be.
    He added: "If it's a free choice, I choose Barcelona. I've never had any idols in the football world but if I had a dream player to play with then it would be Xavi and [Andres] Iniesta."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-05-11

Nasri - linked with Italy move.
    SAMIR NASRI COMMITTED TO ARSENAL

Samir Nasri's agent has dismissed speculation linking the Arsenal midfielder with a move to Italy and confirmed talks are ongoing over an extension to his current deal.
    Although his form has tailed off over the past couple of months, Nasri has been a star performer for the Gunners this season and was in the running for the PFA Player of the Year award.
    He has established himself as a key member of Arsene Wenger's squad since moving to the Emirates Stadium from Marseille in the summer of 2008.
    However, he is under contract for just one more year and there are reports Juventus and Inter Milan would like to take him to Serie A.
    Wenger revealed last month discussions had begun regarding a new deal and he was optimistic Nasri would commit his long-term future to the North London club.
    The 23-year-old's representative, Alain Migliaccio, has now insisted there is nothing for Arsenal fans to be worried about.
    He told calciomercato.it: "The interest from Juventus and Inter Milan? There is nothing with them.
    "There is no break with Arsenal, in fact, we start over negotiations for the extension of the contract which currently expires in 2012."

Uploads

Harry Redknapp - City can go all the way.
    MAN CITY TO CARRY ON SPENDING - REDKNAPP

Harry Redknapp thinks Manchester City's relentless spending spree will not cease until they have won the title - and claims Roberto Mancini has already sealed one or two blockbuster signings to help him achieve that goal next season.
    Redknapp saw his Tottenham team pip City to fourth place last year, but they are unlikely to achieve the same feat this season, having lost ground on their nearest rivals of late.
    Anything but a win at Eastlands on Tuesday night will mean Tottenham's hopes of bringing Champions League football to White Hart Lane for a second successive season will be over, and Redknapp attributes the Lancastrians' success to the huge spending spree that began with Sheikh Mansour's takeover in September 2008.
    The tycoon has parted with more than 300million to fund the signings of players like Carlos Tevez, David Silva and Yaya Toure, who have helped put the club in the FA Cup final and dragged them to the brink of playing in Europe's premier club competition next term.
    With the carrot of dining at Europe's top table now all but assured, Redknapp predicts the club's spending spree will continue this summer.
    The likes of Cesc Fabregas, Jack Wilshere, Tottenham's Gareth Bale, and a number of the continent's biggest stars have been linked with the club, and Redknapp has claimed that up to two players have already been signed up to help Mancini fight for European and domestic honours next year.
    "The man from Abu Dhabi has got so much money, I mean, it isn't like money to him is it?" Redknapp said.
    "That's the key. I know people in the right positions there (at City) who have said 'Well, the one thing we couldn't offer was Champions League football.'
    "But they tell me they've got one or two players signed already who'll blow your brains out. I mean, that's where they're going.
    "They aren't going to stop until they win the championship and even then the Champions League, are they?"
    Redknapp's own team surpassed all expectations to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League this year and the 64-year-old thinks City will be good enough to go all the way in Europe next season and win the Barclays Premier League too.
    "I think they will the Premier League in the next few years," Redknapp added.
    "I think they can be a real force next year. They've got a strong squad which is only going to get better now, because they've got unlimited funds to buy anybody they want, and they can pay the wages.
    "They've got players there now earning 200,000 a week. I mean, it's crazy, isn't it? It's another world really, isn't it?"
    Redknapp admits there is little he, or most of the other managers in the league, can do to stop City dominating the transfer market.
    When asked how he plans to challenge City's dominance, the former Portsmouth boss joked: "I have a long-term plan. I'm going to work hard with the under-nines.
    "What can you do though?" he added. "I don't know. We'll have another go next year. We've got good players here. It's hard but we are close this year."
    Redknapp's hopes of upsetting the odds and beating Mancini's side took a blow when it was confirmed that Bale would miss the club's remaining three matches.
    The Welshman ruptured an ankle ligament during Saturday's 1-1 draw against Blackpool but should be fit for pre-season training in July.
    Losing the man who has performed at such a high level this term is obviously a concern for Redknapp but he is hopeful his side can cope without him.
    He does concede, however, that only a dose of divine intervention will help out-of-form Tottenham overturn the six-point gap which separates them and City to claim fourth spot.
    "It will take a miracle (to finish fourth)," Redknapp said. "Mancini has got a fantastic squad. They're in a great position. They are six points ahead of us and they have a better goal difference by miles."

Uploads

Santa Cruz -
    SANTA CRUZ EYES EWOOD MOVE

Roque Santa Cruz hopes to secure a permanent move to Blackburn this summer and end his frustrating time as a Manchester City player.
    The 29-year-old was a 17.5million signing for City from Rovers in the summer of 2009 but a combination of injury and poor form has limited him to just six league starts and three goals at Eastlands.
    He was loaned back to the Ewood Park club in January and was a late substitute in the 1-1 draw with West Ham on Saturday which pushed Steve Kean's side closer to securing their Barclays Premier League status.
    The Paraguayan is a popular figure with Blackburn fans and is keen to sign on a permanent basis once the season is over.
    He said: "The loan ends this summer and I need to see how it goes, but once I finish here I will need to go back to City.
    "Everyone knows that I am very happy at Blackburn, I have a lot of friends. I have enjoyed my time here so it would be a great thing for me if I could stay but it is up to the club and City so we need to see what will happen.
    "As a player you expect and want to play and of course when you come to my age you want to enjoy the last bit of football that you have left.
    "I don't want to spend the rest of my career not playing. So That is the main consideration for me."
    Should Santa Cruz end up back with Roberto Mancini he will be at the bottom of a long list of striking options, with Emmanuel Adebayor, Craig Bellamy and Felipe Caicedo all also out on loan and likely to be sold in the coming months.
    The targetman was pleased with the point gained at Upton Park but admits he feared the worst when Hammers midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger lined up the equaliser to cancel out Jason Roberts' opener.
    Hitzlsperger made his name at Aston Villa and Stuttgart by firing in powerful 25-yard drives and Santa Cruz was all too aware of the threat.
    He said: "It was a good goal from Thomas Hitzlsperger, he has a great left foot and it went into the corner.
    "It was a bit unlucky for us but it was a good hit. After that of course we tried to keep playing and score on the break but we also realised that suddenly we had a lot to lose if we conceded again.
    "I think that the result was not too bad for us.
    "I knew Thomas Hitzlsperger from Germany and knew what he could do. He is famous because of his left foot."