Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 27-05-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 27-05-11

Latest Transfer Update at 27-05-11

Sanchez - attracting interest from Inter.
    INTER HOLD SANCHEZ TALKS

Massimo Moratti has confirmed that Inter Milan are in discussions over a move for Alexis Sanchez, although Udinese insist no offer has been made.
    The Chile international has been linked with several of Europe's leading clubs including English duo Manchester City and Manchester United after some dazzling displays for Udinese in Serie A this season.
    Moratti has now admitted that Inter would be keen on bringing him in, but has played down talk that it would be as much of a coup as when they signed Ronaldo or Zlatan Ibrahimovich.
    "I rate Sanchez very highly and it's no secret that we're speaking to Udinese to try and work something out," the Inter president told Sky Sport 24.
    "However, I do believe the player still has a bit to prove. I think when Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic joined us they were a few notches further up."
    Moratti maintains that Inter will consider their options very carefully before making a final decision on Sanchez, as they are not prepared to pay too much.
    "People are talking about the ongoing negotiations with Udinese and we certainly are interested in Sanchez, but we're also looking at other players," he continued.
    "I think we're very strong in attack and I don't think that is one of the areas that we'll be trying to strengthen particularly.
    "Any good deal is welcome - by all means, let's bring in a few more quality players - but not at excessive prices."
    Udinese revealed earlier this week they had turned down a bid of 35million (30m) from an unnamed club for Sanchez.
    And Udinese president Giampaolo Pozzo's son, Gino Pozzo, says negotiations are at a very early stage.

"There's no meeting with Moratti to discuss the sale of Sanchez," he said.

"There has been contact, which is normal, but there's been no offer from Inter."

Having qualified for the Champions League play-off round at the beginning of next season, Pozzo said Udinese are more interested in strengthening than selling.

"Our aim is not to sell our players," he explained. "You can't take money onto the pitch.

"We have the Champions League preliminary round and we want to keep a team that would enable us to progress.

"We need to find the right balance between the players' desires and our need to maintain a high level team.

"Sanchez wants to play for Udinese, even though he is not oblivious to the interest from top clubs.

"We prefer to keep him and we're working on that. He has a contract with us but most of all we have a great relationship and he's happy in Udine."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 27-05-11

Charlie Adam - wants to stay in top flight.
    ADAM WANTS PREMIER LEAGUE STAY

Charlie Adam has cast doubt over his future at Blackpool by expressing a desire to remain in the Barclays Premier League next season.
    The Seasiders lost their fight against the drop when defeat to Manchester United sealed their relegation from the top flight on the final day of the campaign.
    Boss Ian Holloway is keen to retain the services of the midfielder, with the club this week confirming they have activated an option for a further 12 months on his contract.
    Adam was linked with Liverpool and Tottenham in January and admits he is desperate to play at the highest level possible, while also acknowledging the major role Blackpool has played in his career.
    He said: "My future is that I want to play in the Premier League. I want to play at the top and hopefully the opportunity comes.
    "At the end of the day, my future will get sorted one way or another. It's not me who makes that decision.
    "The club have been fantastic with me and since I went there, since day one, I've thoroughly enjoyed it.
    "It's important that, whatever happens, I will always remember my time at Blackpool."
    Adam was one of Scotland's top performers as they staged an impressive comeback to defeat Wales 3-1 in the Carling Nations Cup on Wednesday night.

Uploads

Radamel Falcao - reportedly wanted in London.
    PORTO'S FALCAO MAY BE LONDON-BOUND

A representative of Radamel Falcao claims that Tottenham and Arsenal are willing to meet the 26million release clause in the Porto striker's contract.
    Falcao has been a key part of the Porto side that has completed a remarkable quadruple under the stewardship of managerial sensation Andre Villas-Boas this year.
    The Colombian netted 16 times in Porto's victorious league campaign and also scored 17 goals in this year's Europa League to break Jurgen Klinsmann's 15-year-old record for most goals in one season of Europe's second biggest club competition.
    Porto are negotiating a new deal with the 25-year-old after admitting that the release clause in his current contract - 30 million euros (25.9million) - could be met by one of Europe's biggest clubs.
    Spurs and Arsenal are thought to be on the lookout for strikers this summer and Claudio Mossi, an agent from the Sivori & Asociados group that represents Falcao, claims the two north London sides are very keen on the frontman.
    "England are crazy about Falcao," Mossi told Maisfutebol.
    "Among the leading candidates are Arsenal and Tottenham. They are willing to hit the 30 million clause.
    "The figure is not an extraordinary value for them."
    Falcao spoke of his intention to stay at the Estadio do Dragao after scoring the winner in last week's Europa League final win over Braga.
    The former River Plate man said he wanted to remain with the Portuguese champions to play Champions League football under Villas-Boas, and Mossi added that staying with Porto is an option.
    "He is very happy at Porto," Mossi said.
    "There he can play the Champions next year. The problem is that every day he is linked with other clubs.
    "It is important that he is left alone for a time with his family now to decide."

Uploads

De Gea - denies he's agreed to join Man Utd.
    DE GEA PLAYS DOWN MAN UNITED LINKS

Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David De Gea has denied reports he has agreed to join Manchester United and insists he will not consider his future until after this summer's European Under-21 Championships.
    United boss Sir Alex Ferguson spoke in glowing terms about the 20-year-old earlier this week and speculation in both England and Spain has suggested De Gea would complete a switch to Old Trafford in the next couple of weeks.
    But the Spaniard has refuted claims a deal has already been struck and wants, instead, to focus on the upcoming Under-21 tournament in Denmark which gets under way on June 11.
    De Gea's lawyer released a statement to Spanish news agency EFE which read: "News has appeared in various media outlets today that Atletico Madrid's David De Gea has signed for Manchester United. I hereby notify you that it is not true a deal has been signed."
    The statement added: "De Gea will not consider the contract extension offer from Atletico or any other offer until June 30 when he has finished his commitments with the Under-21 national team."
    Ferguson has earmarked De Gea as the long-term successor to Edwin van der Sar, who will retire after Saturday's Champions League final against Barcelona.
    Speaking after Gary Neville's testimonial on Tuesday, Ferguson told the club's official website: "We've been working on it [De Gea transfer] for quite a while. We identified him quite a while back as one we should go for.
    "He's a young goalkeeper, very quick, good composure, presence and an outstanding replacement for Van der Sar.
    "We were looking for the same type of qualities as Edwin, because the one great quality Edwin always had was his composure and organisational ability.
    "With David De Gea, he is very similar that way."
    Atletico, who finished this season in seventh spot in the Primera Division, remain keen to tie De Gea down to a new contract with his current one running until 2013.

Uploads

Benzema - believes he will stay.
    BENZEMA CONFIDENT ABOUT MADRID FUTURE

Arsenal target Karim Benzema believes he will still be at Real Madrid next season.
    The 23-year-old has not had the easiest of seasons under coach Jose Mourinho, who has been less than impressed with the forward at times.
    Benzema improved as the campaign progressed and gained more playing time, but that has not stopped him being linked with a move away, with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger confirming an interest in him earlier this week.
    But he told Marca: "I do not think Real Madrid want to sell. Mourinho is confident in me.
    "Next season you will see the best from Benzema."
    Benzema also backed the idea of Sergio Aguero making the move from rivals Atletico to the Bernabeu.
    The 22-year-old this week confirmed his desire to leave Atleti, with their cross-city rivals seen by many as the most likely destination.
    "Aguero has the quality to play for Madrid," said Benzema.

Uploads

Enrique - to be offered 'fantastic' deal.
    PARDEW TO OFFER ENRIQUE NEW DEAL

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has claimed Jose Enrique will be offered a "fantastic" new contract to keep him on Tyneside.
    Having seen his hopes of retaining Joey Barton's services all but dashed this week, Pardew has revealed the club will present the Spaniard's representatives with a tempting offer next week.
    It has seemed apparent for some time that Enrique's future lies way from St James' Park with Liverpool, Bayern Munich and even Real Madrid having been credited with an interest in him.
    However, the manager, who on Friday tied up teenage full-back Shane Ferguson to a new five-year contract, is keeping his fingers crossed.
    Pardew told the Evening Chronicle: "We have been waiting to see his [Enrique's] representatives, they are due here in the early part of next week.
    "We are going to make Jose a very, very good offer and we are hoping he is going to accept it.
    "We are realistic about Jose because the ball is in his court on that one, not in ours.
    "He will be offered a fantastic contract here, he knows that, but still it is going to be down to his decision. I am still hopeful."
    Supporters who saw Andy Carroll sold in January despite Pardew's insistence that he was going nowhere, and then Barton's contract offer withdrawn earlier this week, could be forgiven for treating his comments with some scepticism.
    There is little doubt that he wants to keep the left-back, who has been one of the club's most consistent performers over the last two seasons.
    However, the former Villarreal defender has spoken of his ambitions to play Champions League football, and his current employers are currently nowhere near doing that.
    If he did leave, a sizeable return on the 6.5million Sam Allardyce paid for his services during the summer of 2007 might soften the blow, but lead to further questions over just how ambitious the club is.
    With Argentinian duo Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez both close to Enrique and skipper Kevin Nolan yet to agree a new deal, it might also lead to further uncertainty, the last thing the Magpies need as they attempt to build upon a creditable first season back in the Barclays Premier League.
    In the circumstances, Pardew and his staff have drawn up contingency plans and Toulouse defender Cheik M'Bengue is understood to be among a series of potential targets.
    However, longer-term, 19-year-old Ferguson's decision to commit his immediate future to the club will have come as a welcome boost.
    Derry-born Ferguson made his senior debut at left-back in the Carling Cup second round victory at Accrington Stanley in August, but also impressed in a midfield role in the final two games of the league campaign.
    Ferguson said: "I'm really happy. I've enjoyed this season so much and the new contract has just been the icing on the cake for me.
    "It's a great thrill to play for the club and the support I have had from the fans since making my debut really means a lot so I'm just delighted to be with Newcastle for the next five years now."
    Ferguson's talent has already been recognised by Northern Ireland at senior international level with a friendly appearance as a substitute against Italy as a 17-year-old.
    However, he is also eligible to represent the Republic of Ireland as he has not yet figured in a competitive game for the North, and he is the latest player to find himself at the centre of a tug of love between the two nations.
    That has come as no surprise to his club manager, who is confident he has a real prospect on his hands.
    Asked about the defender's international pedigree, Pardew said: "If I were the two national managers, I would be courting that boy because I think he has got a bright future."

Uploads

Redknapp - Zola backing for Chelsea role.t
    ZOLA: REDKNAPP WOULD SHINE AT CHELSEA

Gianfranco Zola has claimed Harry Redknapp would be a success if appointed Chelsea manager.
    The last 24 hours have seen Redknapp installed as the bookmakers' favourite to succeed Carlo Ancelotti following a surge in bets placed on the Tottenham boss.
    Redknapp has since insisted he knows nothing about any interest there might be from Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, who reportedly admires the way Spurs play under the 64-year-old.
    Guus Hiddink is said to be Abramovich's number one target, while Zola himself has been linked with a coaching role in any new set-up.
    And the former Blues striker believes Redknapp has the quality to manage Chelsea, telling talkSPORT: "Harry is one of those managers that has the skills to do well everywhere.
    "I don't know if Harry Redknapp is type of manager Chelsea is looking for but, with his quality, nobody can doubt him."
    Zola expressed his sympathy for Ancelotti, who was sacked after Sunday's final game of the season.
    "I fell Ancelotti did a good job for Chelsea and, like many fans, we are sorry for what happened to him," said Zola of his fellow Italian, who has revealed he wants his next job to be in the Barclays Premier League and has been linked with promoted QPR.
    "I think Ancelotti really likes London and he likes the way football is played over here.
    "That doesn't surprise me because, after Italy, if you come here, you really enjoy the culture."

Uploads

Danny Wilson - new Blades boss.
    DANNY WILSON IS NEW BLADES BOSS

Sheffield United have announced the appointment of Danny Wilson as their new manager.
    Wilson, who left his last role at Swindon in March after a season of struggle, becomes the Blades' fourth permanent manager in nine months and replaces Micky Adams after he was sacked following the club's relegation to League One.
    The move has angered some United fans as Wilson, 51, used to play and manage across the city at bitter rivals Sheffield Wednesday while also managing in South Yorkshire at Barnsley.
    Around 100 fans were at the ground protesting the appointment, with a banner stating "Love Utd, Hate Wilson!", with chants of "We Hate Wilson" and "Wilson Out" also being heard.
    Fellow former Tykes manager Mark Robins, who quit his post at Oakwell nearly a fortnight ago, was also in the running for the job at Bramall Lane.
    But the Blades have moved for Wilson, who has signed a three-year contract.
    The former Northern Ireland international will name his assistant in the next few days but will work closely with Academy boss John Pemberton while club captain Chris Morgan will be a player-coach.
    Wilson, who has previously managed Hartlepool, MK Dons, Bristol City, Wednesday and Barnsley, said: "I feel privileged to become the manager of Sheffield United. The fans, the owner and everyone involved with the club have one thing in common for the Blades - ambition.
    "I want to realise their aspirations and bring success to the club as soon as possible. The style of play has been highlighted as an issue by people I have spoken with so far and I feel confident that we will be able to play in a way that supporters will enjoy watching.
    "I will have working with me individuals who have a strong knowledge of the club and where it wants to be. I will be shortly appointing an experienced number two and cannot wait to start working with Morgs and Pembo."
    Owner Kevin McCabe said: "Danny was at the top of my wanted list for football reasons. It has been a tough and rigorous selection process and I am delighted to say that Danny was the outstanding candidate from the group of potential managers, all with strong profiles and good track records.
    "Danny and his team, when it is fully completed, bring enormous experience and knowledge of the game at all levels to the club at this vital time as well as recognising the opportunities surrounding the emergence of our young players and the role they could play next season in our drive to return to the Championship."

Uploads

Kevin Phillips - released.
    PHILLIPS LEADS ST ANDREWS DEPARTURES

Birmingham have confirmed the release of Kevin Phillips, Sebastian Larsson and Lee Bowyer following the club's relegation from the Barclays Premier League.
    Veteran striker Phillips and midfield duo Larsson and Bowyer are joined through the St Andrew's exit door by Northern Ireland goalkeeper Maik Taylor, Czech defender Martin Jiranek and full-back Stuart Parnaby.
    All six players have left the club on the expiry of their contracts.
    Blues confirmed, however, that the club has taken up the option of a one-year contract extension for captain Stephen Carr.
    Spanish midfielder Enric Valles has also penned a new one-year deal despite missing most of last season with a foot injury following his arrival from Dutch side NAC Breda.
    The club confirmed discussions over a new contract are ongoing with Scotland forward James McFadden, who missed most of last season with a knee injury,
    Birmingham's acting chairman Peter Pannu told club website www.bcfc.com that the announcements are the result of boardroom discussions about the strategy of the club following their drop into the npower Championship.
    "We have discussed strategies and player movements and policies," he said.
    "Suffice to say there is by and large consensus in the way we believe we should proceed."

Uploads

Lavezzi - linked with Tottenham.
    NO SPURS OFFER FOR LAVEZZI - NAPOLI

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has denied receiving an offer from Tottenham for Argentina striker Ezequiel Lavezzi.
    Lavezzi has been linked with a move to the Barclays Premier League after a fine season for the Serie A outfit, who finished third to qualify for the Champions League.
    "Lavezzi? I have never spoken to Tottenham," De Laurentiis told Italian radio station Radio Marte.
    De Laurentiis went on to reassure Napoli fans that the club's top stars will not leave this summer despite reports suggesting otherwise.
    Slovakian midfielder Marek Hamsik is a reported target of AC Milan while Napoli's top scorer Edinson Cavani has been tracked by a host of top European clubs.
    "I ask the fans to be calm," De Laurentiis continued. "When the transfer market opens everyone wants to buy but 95% of the time, it's just gossip.
    "Napoli supporters are intelligent and they cannot be taken for a ride by the press.
    "We are growing as a club and we will continue to do so.
    "If someone arrives and wants to buy a player that doesn't want to wear the Azzurri colours, then they will have to bring out their wallet.
    "But I, in seven years, have not received any offers and I am the one that decides.
    "We are not a supermarket, perhaps we are an expensive jewellery shop and as soon as people see the prices, they are scared away."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast