Seemingly aiming to kick-start its over the top (OTT) video proposition, Hulu has signed a multi-year agreement with Miramax to bring hundreds of popular, critically-acclaimed films to subscribers of its Hulu Plus service.

In recent times arch rival Netflix seems to have made great strides in setting the OTT pace but Hulu’s new deal with leading worldwide film and television studio will see it be able to offer films such as Pulp Fiction, Good Will Hunting, Scream, Swingers and The English Patient, Good Will Hunting, The Piano, My Left Foot, Chasing Amy, Clerks, Sling Blade, From Dusk Till Dawn, The Crying Game, Strictly Ballroom, Muriel’s Wedding and Reservoir Dogs.

Miramax boasts a library of more than 700 films and sells directly and licenses its titles globally through strategic partnerships with distributors such as Lionsgate, Studiocanal and indeed, and most recently, Netflix. Yet Hulu says that its deal will represent the first time Miramax has made films available to movie fans on an ad-supported, on-demand streaming basis.

Hulu Plus subscribers will be able to watch free of advertising interruption Miramax films in HD (when available), on multiple platforms, including connected TV, tablet (i.e. iPad) computer and mobile phones such as the iPhone, and. Additionally, Hulu will soon rotate a selection of approximately 15 Miramax films each month through with periodic ad breaks, the first time Miramax titles have become available through an ad-supported streaming service.

“Making our films available via premium digital distribution channels is extremely important to Miramax,” said Mike Lang, CEO of Miramax. “Hulu has established its presence in the market as a leader in innovation and in delivering value for consumers and content owners. As one of the early promoters of Hulu and its CEO Jason Kilar, I couldn’t be more excited than to be in business with them today, and we’re thrilled about the prospect of enhancing both our brands by making our films accessible to Hulu’s fast-growing audience.”

Added Andy Forssell SVP, Content and Distribution: “At Hulu, we spend a lot of time thinking about innovation and how to foster it. Apart from how much I love these movies themselves, that is another reason I have so much respect for Miramax. They innovated, and they were absolutely relentless about it for more than 30 years...I couldn’t be more excited to announce that Miramax films and more are coming to Hulu and the Hulu Plus subscription service.”