Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 04-06-11

Uploads

Latest Transfer Update at 04-06-11

Latest Transfer Update at 04-06-11

Guus Hiddink - left the door open for Chelsea return.
    TURKEY IN DARK OVER HIDDINK Manager Specials. Click here to bet.
    Click here to follow us on Twitter!
    Click here for our special Transfer Centre!
    Click here for more football headlines!

The Turkish Football Federation admit Guus Hiddink's future as their national team coach is uncertain amid reports Chelsea will attempt to reappoint him as manager in the coming days.
    Hiddink took charge of Turkey for what could be the final time on Friday night as they drew 1-1 with Belgium in their latest European Championship qualifier.
    The 64-year-old has repeatedly refused to commit his future to his current employers, who expressed concern this afternoon over his recent comments.
    TFF spokesman Turker Tozar told Press Association Sport: "That creates a question mark, of course, because Turkish journalists ask this question, English journalists also ask this question a couple of times.
    "He always says the same things - he says nothing concrete.
    "But you also cannot hear from him, 'No, I'm not going anywhere - I will stay in charge of the Turkish national team'.
    "There is uncertainty everywhere."
    Hiddink further fuelled speculation he would agree to return to Chelsea after the game.
    Asked if he would ever manage Turkey again, he said: "I can't answer that. Everything is fluid.
    "My time at Chelsea was a beautiful time. Everybody knows that.
    "I still have a contract with Turkey but, at my age, when some issues come up, you always have to talk about them.
    "At my age, most of my story is behind me."
    He added later: "I hope you understand that this is difficult and I need people to respect that.
    "I am going on holiday now and I have a plane to catch."
    TFF president Mahmut Ozgener is also on holiday for the next week.
    Hiddink has forged a close relationship with Ozgener and the pair had lunch together on Friday.
    But Ozgener has yet to decide whether to stand for re-election and is reportedly likely to be defeated even if he does.
    Tozar said: "We don't even know if the president is going to be a candidate again in the election.
    "People will think about everything when they are on holidays and then they will get together for a talk."
    Meanwhile, Hiddink's agent Cees van Nieuwenhuizen told Press Association Sport he had yet to receive a formal approach from Chelsea.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 04-06-11

Villa - Fabregas 'deserves' Barca return.
    VILLA WANTS FABREGAS MOVE

David Villa believes Cesc Fabregas deserves to return to his boyhood club Barcelona.
    The Spanish striker insists he would welcome the Arsenal captain back to Catalonia if the 24-year-old was to make a move from the Emirates.
    And Villa, whose team claimed a comfortable Champions League victory over Manchester United, thinks Fabregas would fit in to a team fast becoming dubbed the best in history.
    The Gunners midfielder has endured a disappointing season with Arsenal which culminated in Manchester City clinching third spot to ensure automatic Champions League qualification.
    While a successful 2010/11 campaign for Barca highlighted the already outstanding options coach Pep Guardiola has available.
    But despite the accomplishments of the European champions, Villa is adamant his Spain team-mate, who was signed by Barcelona's youth academy aged 10, can play a key role at Nou Camp.
    The Spanish striker told Cadena COPE radio: "As a player, everybody knows what Barcelona brings. And as a person, he [Fabregas] deserves to return to Barcelona, his family is here and it is where he started.
    "Having him would be a great joy and I'd be happy for him because he deserves it, and I'd be happy to have him as my team-mate."

Uploads

Morison - poised to join the Canaries.
    MORISON NEARS NORWICH MOVE

Premier League newcomers Norwich are set to complete the signing of Millwall striker Steve Morison on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
    The move will cap a remarkable rise for the 27-year-old, who was playing non-league football just two years ago.
    Morison, who scored 17 goals for the Lions last season, told Norwich's official website, www.canaries.co.uk: "Obviously I will be delighted to join Norwich when the deal is completed.
    "They're a massive club who have earned the right to play in the Premier League and as a player that's where you want to be."
    Boss Paul Lambert, who has already signed Everton forward James Vaughan, said: "We're going to need to be as strong as we can in every department.
    "Steve is a natural goalscorer who will significantly add to what is already a very competitive striking department. That is what we will need in the Premier League."
    The Canaries have also been linked with Leeds duo Bradley Johnson and Robert Snodgrass as well as Brighton winger Elliott Bennett.

Uploads

Guus Hiddink - Terry would welcome him back.
    TERRY WOULD WELCOME HIDDINK RETURN

John Terry would welcome the return of Guus Hiddink as Chelsea boss - even with his "no-nonsense" style of management.
    The Blues skipper admits he has stayed in touch with Hiddink since his four-month spell in charge in 2009 when he led the club to FA Cup glory.
    Now Hiddink is being linked with a return to Stamford Bridge in place of Carlo Ancelotti - and he would have Terry's full backing.
    England captain Terry, currently preparing for tomorrow's Euro 2012 qualifier with Switzerland at Wembley, said: "Listen, I was really sad to see Carlo go. I had two great years with him.
    "I said last year, ideally, it would have been nice had Carlo stayed for three or four years and we could be settled around him.
    "Maybe he feels a little bit hard done by. But that's football. He understands that.
    "I have played under another good manager. Now I look forward to the next one."
    As regards Hiddink, Terry said: "He brought a lot of stability last time. He was a no-nonsense manager. Even with the senior players, completely.
    "I see with him players turning up late for meetings and then getting left out of the side, having been in the side previously, if they turn up five minutes late. No matter who it was.
    "That was Guus, his type of character. He was very understandable and approachable as well, but, at the same time, he had that about him too where no one messed about with him.
    "He was in there for a short space of time, so sometimes it can be easier, but at the same time he loves the day-to-day stuff.
    "He'd come in and hit the ground running. He knows what the players are about, what our strengths and weaknesses are, the training schedules. He knows what the individuals are about.
    "I would like to see him back. I've been in contact with him since he left as well.
    "I know he's been involved with the club anyway, but I kept in contact on a personal level. That speaks volumes for him."
    Terry admits himself and senior players have been consulted in the past about new managers at Stamford Bridge and that the same may happen again once the Switzerland game is over.
    He said: "We have been in the past, for sure. We're not going to have the final say, there's no doubt about that, but we have been brought into the loop on certain things.
    "As yet, myself and Frank (Lampard) have had no contact with the club - but we've got this game. Maybe after this game, they may make contact."
    England top their Euro 2012 qualifying group and Terry believes encouraging progress has been made since the disappointing World Cup campaign 12 months ago.
    He said: "I think we've moved on quite a bit. We've seen different formations, and different personnel coming into the squad as well.
    "Players have come in who maybe just missed out on the World Cup, like Adam Johnson who has looked brilliant all week. He's really come on.
    "The younger players are making a real difference and the atmosphere within the squad has been very good the last few times we've met up up.
    "It took a few months, understandably, to move on from the World Cup given the disappointment, but we feel as if we have turned the corner."
    Terry is looking forward to a rare month off this summer and admits it is no coincidence that players who did not go to South Africa, such as Scott Parker, have had fine seasons.
    He said: "I can't remember the last time we've had a full month off in the summer. For the players, that kind of rest is something very rare.
    "Maybe the lads who never went to South Africa have been fresher. Scotty and people like that have been different class.
    "Even in the week here, he's looked an unbelievable player but still looks and feels fresh."

Uploads

Bendtner - dreams of playing for FC Copenhagen.
    BENDTNER HAS A DANISH DREAM

Nicklas Bendtner has admitted he dreams of playing for FC Copenhagen at some point in his career.
    The Danish international turned down a move to Copenhagen as a 16-year-old to join Arsenal instead.
    The 23-year-old admits if he was ever to return home to play football he would move to FC Copenhagen.
    "I have a dream to play for FCK [FC Copenhagen]. "When I one day return back home to play football in Denmark, it will be for the Lions [FC Copenhagen]," Bendtner told BT.
    "I have always wanted to play for FCK, ever since I was a child.
    "But I left the club for Arsenal when I was sixteen and have therefore never tried it.
    "FCK is my club - no doubt about it."
    Bendtner's future at Arsenal has been the subject of speculation after a frustrating season at the Emirates.
    The former Birmingham man insists there will be no repeat of his disappointing campaign next term.
    "I can promise that there wont be another season like this one," added Bendtner.
    "I can promise that this will be a lot better."

Uploads

Sanchez - reportedly set for Barca deal.
    BARCA SET TO WIN SANCHEZ RACE

Widespread reports in Spain claim Barcelona are set to finalise a deal to sign Udinese star Alexis Sanchez.
    The 22-year-old winger has been linked with a host of Europe's top clubs this summer.
    Manchester City have lodged a substantial bid for the Chile international, while Inter Milan and Juventus have also been in talks with Udinese.
    But earlier this week Sanchez rejected a move to City and his agents are now thought to be in Spain, negotiating terms over a five-year deal with Barca.
    Reports claim the Spanish and European champions are willing to offer Udinese a fee of around 25million (22.3m) plus 23-year-old winger Jeffren Suarez to secure the services of the in-demand Sanchez.

Uploads

Allardyce & Diouf - reunion wanted by striker.
    DIOUF UP FOR UPTON PARK SWITCH

Blackburn Rovers outcast El Hadji Diouf insists he would welcome the opportunity to link up with Sam Allardyce at West Ham United.
    Diouf has been linked with the East London club, who have installed Allardyce as new manager after their relegation to the Championship.
    Rovers boss Steve Kean has informed Diouf he is not part of his plans as he looks to rebuild the Ewood Park squad.
    Diouf was on loan at Glasgow Rangers for the second half of the season, but appears to have ruled out a permanent switch to Ibrox Park.
    However, the Senegal international has not ruled out linking up with his former Bolton Wanderers and Blackburn boss at Upton Park.
    And Diouf, who was on loan at Glasgow Rangers for the second half of the season, has not ruled out linking up with his former Bolton Wanderers and Blackburn boss at Upton Park.
    "I have finished my loan so I am expecting to return to England with Blackburn," Diouf said to skysports.com. "I am 30 years old, I want to play week in, week out these days.
    "Working with Sam? That would be a fantastic thing to do. Sam is a fantastic manager and very good man. I would be delighted to work under him again."

Uploads

Keisuke Honda - played down Prem links.
    KEISUKE HONDA COOLS PREM LINKS

Keisuke Honda has played down rumours linking him with a move to Liverpool or Manchester City, claiming he is happy at CSKA Moscow.
    Premier League pair Liverpool and City are both thought to be keen on signing highly-rated winger Honda this summer.
    The 25-year-old insists he is content to stay at CSKA if he receives no offers and that if he was to leave Russia he would prefer a switch to Spain.
    "CSKA are playing Champions League football next season so staying is not a bad option," Honda told Sankei Sports.
    "However, I do want to test myself at a higher level if the opportunity arises. My preference is still to play Spain."

Uploads

Montanier - cleared to take Sociedad job.
    SOCIEDAD APPOINT MONTANIER

Real Sociedad have Philippe Montanier as their new coach after coming to an agreement with Valenciennes.
    The Spanish side have agreed to pay €500,000 to buy out the final year of his contract, Valenciennes announced on Saturday.
    Montanier told the French club of his intention to leave for Spain after the final game of the season, when their top-flight survival had been guaranteed.
    The 46-year-old spent two years at Valenciennes, guiding them to a 10th-placed finish in 2009/10 before coming 12th last season.
    The former goalkeeper had previously spent five years in charge at Boulogne, guiding them to promotion from Ligue 2 in 2009.
    Last season was Sociedad's first back in La Liga following relegation in 2006/07 and they finished 15th, just two points above the relegation zone.
    Despite winning promotion and then managing to maintain the club's top-flight status, Sociedad decided to bring Martin Lasarte's two-year tenure to an end last week.
    Valenciennes president Francis Decourriere is expected to appoint Montanier's successor next week, naming Vahid Halilodzic, Daniel Sanchez, Jean Fernandez and Laurent Fournier on the shortlist.