Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 05-06-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 05-06-11

Latest Transfer Update at 05-06-11

Carlos Tevez - future uncertain.
    MY FUTURE IN MY HANDS - TEVEZ

Manchester City captain Carlos Tevez claims club owner Sheikh Mansour has told him he can leave Eastlands if he wants to - and says he never plans to return to the area after his contract expires in 2014.
    The 27-year-old handed in a transfer request midway through last season amid reports that he was eager to leave England and be closer to his family who do not live with him, but later reversed that decision.
    Tevez, who was offered another lucrative new deal last month after City's FA Cup final success, said in the News of the World: "Sheikh Mansour has made a lot of sacrifices to keep me and if I stay at City, it will be for him.
    "He signed me, he wants to keep me but, at the same time, he has told me to do whatever I need to do to be happy.
    "He has told me, 'If you want to leave, then you can go'. There is no deadline - it's down to me.
    "They offered me a new contract in December but I didn't want to extend it.
    "At the end of the season they offered me another new deal but at the moment I don't know whether I will accept it."
    Tevez has no great affinity with Manchester despite having spent nearly four years in the city, first with a two-year spell at United from 2007.
    He reportedly told Argentinian television channel Telefe: "There is nothing to do in Manchester. The problem is I'm still speaking very poor English.
    "When I finish my contract I will not return to Manchester ever - not even on holiday."
    The Argentinian has no remorse about having asked to leave the club six months ago, blaming members of the City board for his actions.
    "I have no regrets whatsoever about my transfer request," he continued in the News of the World.
    "It was a situation that some people on the board created. They promised something for six months and didn't deliver.
    "So, after six months of promises, they don't do something - why should I believe them now? I don't.
    "I will never speak to these people again. I still feel the same way.
    "I deal direct with Sheikh Mansour - no-one else. It makes no difference to my future, as they don't mean anything to me."
    Despite being team captain and a key man in City's surge towards Champions League football and the FA Cup, the player continued to be linked with a move abroad.
    Tevez's two daughters live with their mother in Argentina during the football season.
    He added: "No amount of money, no cars and the lifestyle can make up for the moment when I leave my two daughters at the airport.
    "Do you think money solves everything? It solves nothing.
    "People think I should be happy because I have everything but I can't buy time with my daughters and my family."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 05-06-11

Ashley Young - contract expires next summer.
    ASHLEY YOUNG SET FOR LERNER TALKS

Ashley Young is planning to hold talks over his future with Aston Villa chairman Randy Lerner now the season has ended.
    Young, whose contract at Villa Park expires next summer, came off the bench to grab the equaliser for England in their European Championship qualifying draw with Switzerland at Wembley on Saturday afternoon.
    The winger has been linked with Manchester United and Liverpool in recent weeks and had intended to discuss his next move with manager Gerard Houllier only for the Frenchman to stand down on health grounds on Wednesday.
    Former Watford man Young will now discuss the matter with club owner Lerner instead.
    He said: "I'm going away on holiday but I said at the end of the season I would speak to the manager.
    "That is where it stands. Now I'll go back and speak to the chairman and we will take it from there."
    Young certainly did his future prospects no harm today with a sparkling second-half display for his country and he felt he had a point to prove to coach Fabio Capello after being left out of the starting line-up.
    He had impressed in the previous Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales in March, setting up both goals in England's 2-0 win.
    Young said: "It was nice to get on the scoresheet. I was disappointed not to start but I took it on the chin.
    "When you get the chance to come on, you just want to impress and I felt I did that today.
    "The manager has named the team and you've just got to get on with it.
    "I've got the character and the strength when I get my chance, to grab it with both hands and that's what I did.
    "I think I've shown that."
    Young felt England had the chances to snatch victory after recovering from 2-0 down.
    He said: "I felt after the equaliser that we created a few chances and we could have gone on and won the game.
    "It is disappointing we didn't take them and there are a lot of disappointed players in the dressing room."
    Young was voted man of the match but admits he would have swapped personal glory for an England win.
    He said: "I'm delighted at how things have gone all season and today.
    "Getting the man of the match is nice but if you told me I could swap the man of the match for three points, I would have taken that."

Uploads

Diego Alves - signs for Valencia.
    VALENCIA ADD ALVES TO THEIR RANKS

Valencia have signed goalkeeper Diego Alves from Almeria on a four-year deal.
    The 25-year-old Brazilian, who could not save Almeria from relegation in the recently-concluded Primera Division season, is excited at the move.
    He told www.valenciacf.com: "I have fulfilled a dream by signing for a big European club in the Champions League.
    "Valencia have been my goal ever since I knew of their interest.
    "I arrive with desire, ambition and humility and look forward to giving everything for the club and their fans."

Uploads

Sala - heads to Germany.
    HAMBURG RAID CHELSEA AGAIN

Hamburg have raided Chelsea's youth set-up for a second time in three days and are planning a third as sporting director Frank Arnesen continues to capitalise on his connections at his former club.
    Arnesen, who last month left Stamford Bridge for the German club, has sealed the signing of Italy under-19 international Jacopo Sala.
    Having masterminded the purchase of Michael Mancienne earlier this week, the Dane also confirmed he will hold talks with defender Jeffrey Bruma with a view to bringing him to the Bundesliga, reportedly on a two-year loan deal.
    Sala, a 19-year-old attacking midfielder, joined the Chelsea academy from Atalanta when he was 15 and helped them win the 2010 FA Youth Cup.
    He appeared for the reserve team last season, but struggled with injuries.
    Sala has signed a three-year contract with Hamburg after passing a medical.
    "Jacopo is a player with a future," Arsenen told the club's official website.
    "He has played for all the Italy youth teams and has excellent technical and physical attributes."
    Sala said: "It is a big chance for me to be able to play at Hamburg. I would like to continue my development as quickly as possible and to appear for Hamburg in the Bundesliga.
    "That would be fantastic, because this big club is something special. Regardless of whether I was in Italy or England - Hamburg are known everywhere."
    The Italian could soon be joined in northern Germany by fellow teenager Bruma.
    "Jeffrey Bruma is on duty with Holland," Arnesen said.
    "Afterwards, we will meet and talk about it. We will look each other straight in the eye. We will decide what is best for Jeffrey Bruma and Hamburg."
    Like England Under-21 star Mancienne, 19-year-old Bruma has found first-team football hard to come by at Chelsea.
    He made his full Premier League debut in January before being allowed to join Leicester on loan.
    He has already been capped by Holland, who play Brazil in a friendly on Saturday.

Uploads

Aquilani - agent expects decision in 24 hours.
    AQUILANI DECISION CLOSE

Alberto Aquilani's agent believes the Liverpool midfielder's future could be decided in the next 24 hours.
    The Italian midfielder has spent this season on loan at Juventus, but the Turin giants failed to exercise their first buy-out option to sign the player on a permanent basis, which expired last month.
    Juventus have been looking to reduce the fee agreed between the clubs at the beginning of the loan deal, putting into doubt a permanent switch to Turin.
    Aquilani's representative, Franco Zavaglia, expects Juventus to make a decision on the former Roma man in the next 24 hours with AC Milan waiting in the wings for the 26-year-old.
    "All season Juventus have always given me the necessary guarantees that they want to keep Alberto," Zavaglia told Tutto Juve.
    "The next 24 hours will be decisive. Any eventual economic agreements will follow after Juventus make their decision."
    Zavaglia admits Aquilani would be interested in a possible move to Serie A champions Milan if the Juve deals falls through.
    "Who wouldn't like to play for Milan? Milan are a model club," added Zavaglia.
    "If Juventus can't do a deal for Alberto and he has to return to Liverpool, then Milan would certainly be a destination that he would accept."

Uploads

Leandro - valued at 17million.
    SPURS' LEANDRO 'BID REJECTED'

Internacional president Giovanni Luigi claims the club have turned down an offer from Tottenham Hotspur for rising star Leandro Damiao.
    Spurs have an affiliation agreement with Internacional and last year signed midfielder Sandro from the Brazilian club.
    Sandro has impressed during the second half of the Premier League season and the midfielder says he has recommended his compatriot to the Spurs board.
    However, while Internacional have previously admitted it is inevitable that Leandro will eventually leave the club, an opening bid of €12million (10.6m) from Spurs has been rejected.
    "It's the first offer that we have received and we have refused it," Luigi told the Brazilian media.
    "I said I didn't want to sell now. I warned that he'll only leave at the end of the year and for more money.
    "Tottenham has offered €12million for Damiao, but we think that it's not enough for a player that is 21 years old and that has an excellent future."
    Leandro is reportedly valued by Internacional at 17million and is already a full international for Brazil.
    His exploits in his homeland have also seen Arsenal, Barcelona, Manchester United, Benfica and Roma linked with bids.

Uploads

Al Habsi - future under the spotlight.
    WIGAN LAUNCH AL HABSI BID

Al Habsi has spent the past season on loan at the DW Stadium and was an instrumental figure in securing Wigan's Premier League survival.
    He dislodged former No.1 Chris Kirkland just two games into the campaign and retained his place as Roberto Martinez's first choice for the rest of the season.
    Latics boss Martinez is keen to have the Oman international in his plans next term and has now made a 3million bid.
    Martinez was urged by Latics duo Emmerson Boyce and Gary Caldwell last week to pull out all the stops to re-sign Al Habsi, but it remains to be seen if Bolton will let the 29-year-old leave permanently.
    Al Habsi has made just 18 appearances in five seasons at Bolton after finding himself playing second fiddle to the long-serving Jussi Jaaskelainen.
    However, after starring for Wigan, the keeper revealed that he wants to be playing regularly again next season rather than warming the bench at a club.