Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 06-06-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 06-06-11

Latest Transfer Update at 06-06-11

Nasri - will not rule out Man United move.
    NASRI UNSURE OVER GUNNERS FUTURE

Samir Nasri has cast more doubt over his Arsenal future by admitting he may not sign a new contract and even refusing to play down the prospect of defecting to Manchester United.
    Nasri's is entering the final year of his deal and the Gunners may be forced to cash in this summer if he refuses to agree an extension.
    France team-mate and United left-back Patrice Evra last week urged Nasri to join him at Old Trafford.
    And the 23-year-old midfielder has done nothing to ease any fears Arsenal fans might have ahead of his country's friendly against Poland on Tuesday.
    Nasri told TF1's Telefoot: "I don't know if I will sign a new contract. Anyway, the discussions are ongoing.
    "For the moment, I don't think about this. We will speak about it after the match with Poland.
    "Do I want to go to Man United? First, we should see if it's real and if it is concrete."
    The loss of Nasri would be a huge blow to Arsenal, with the midfielder undoubtedly the star of the first half of the Barclays Premier League season.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 06-06-11

Scott Parker - 'we will see what happens'.
    PARKER TO HOLIDAY BEFORE FUTURE TALKS

England midfielder Scott Parker will not sort out his club future until returning from a family holiday later this month.
    Parker is poised to leave West Ham following their relegation from the Barclays Premier League.
    He is expected to hold talks with new Hammers manager Sam Allardyce, but is likely to leave Upton Park and remain in the top flight.
    Parker said: "I've not really any idea where I might be playing next season.
    "My main focus now is going away with my family on holiday and just relaxing.
    "It's been a tough season and my main focus is getting away and just relaxing.
    "I haven't set myself a deadline. Whether you believe it or not, my main focus is just going away and relaxing and what's to be is going to be.
    "It's out of my hands, out of my control, really, isn't it? We will see what happens."
    When asked about talks with Allardyce, Parker added: I would have thought maybe after my break that might be the case. We will see what happens."
    Parker was part of the England side held to a disappointing 2-2 home draw by Switzerland in Saturday's Euro 2012 qualifier at Wembley.
    But he is confident Fabio Capello's men can still top their qualifying group.
    He said: "We are a nation who expect to top the group and we have the players and the quality to top the group.
    "The last thing you want is a play-off.
    "It was a disappointing result against Switzerland but, as quick as this result passes, we look forward to the next.
    "Everyone could see the last 15 minutes was a bit tiring. It was a bit flat and a bit leggy for all of us.
    "But that is no excuse. We have had a hard season but our job is to go out there and produce a performance."

Uploads

Young - scored against Switzerland.
    ASHLEY YOUNG LOOKS TO HIGH LIFE

Ashley Young admits he wants to play "at the highest level" as he prepares to discuss his future with Aston Villa chairman Randy Lerner.
    Young, scorer of England's equaliser against Switzerland on Sunday, has been strongly linked with a move to Manchester United this summer.
    He has only one year remaining on his Villa contract and wants to experience Champions League football and play in World Cups and European Championships.
    Young said: "I've always had the belief I can play at the highest level.
    "I've always had self-belief. I've always had the confidence I can play at the highest level.
    "I want to test myself at World Cups, European Championships and the Champions League.
    "As a kid you always want to play in the best competitions. As a kid I wanted to play in the Champions League - and hopefully one day I will.
    "People say the prime of your careers is aged 25, 26, 27. I'm 26 next month so hopefully I'm coming into my prime."
    Young has constantly intimated he will speak with Lerner before announcing any news about his future - and nothing has changed.
    He said: "I'm going away on holiday. But I said at the end of the season I was going to speak to the chairman.
    "I'm going to talk to him this week and we'll see where we go from there."
    Young was frustrated to be axed from the England starting line-up to face the Swiss after impressing in matches against Denmark and Wales.
    He responded when brought on as a substitute for Frank Lampard by hammering the equaliser early in the second half and was chosen as the man of the match.
    Young said: "I was disappointed not to start, but I wasn't the only one. All the players on the bench want to be in the starting 11.
    "I came on at half-time and grabbed it with two hands. Whenever I get the opportunity, I try to do the same thing.
    "We found out the team in the morning and I had to get it into my head that I wasn't going to start.
    "At half-time the manager told me to go out and play as I've been playing and as I've been training, and that's what I felt I did when I came on.
    "It was great to score a goal, and even nicer to get man of the match, but I'd have swapped them both for three points."
    Young believes the current England side has the right blend of youth and experience despite their stutter against the Swiss.
    He said: "I think we've got a good mix in the squad. You look at the senior players in the team and youngsters who are coming through.
    "We've got a good balance from the back to the front. With the new formation we are playing (4-3-3), it helps everyone rotate.
    "Everyone knows their jobs, we all work for each other and we showed that team spirit by coming from 2-0 down. It shows the character we've got."

Uploads

Kewell - would be welcomed by Osieck.
    OSIECK WOULD WELCOME KEWELL

Australia coach Holger Osieck believes forward Harry Kewell could leave a lasting legacy for the national team if he returns to the A-League to nurture the next generation of young talent.
    The 33-year-old is in talks with Melbourne Victory over a potential deal that would see the Socceroo end his career on home soil.
    It would be a massive coup for the A-League in terms of public interest and attendances, but Osieck said the biggest boost would be Kewell's influence on the next batch of international players.
    "I would definitely welcome him," Osieck said.
    "If a player of his calibre would come back to Australia it would be extraordinary.
    "I don't know how realistic it is but if it really happens then that is what the A-League needs - big names.
    "In the shade of the big names, the young players can develop. I think it is the perfect combination."
    Kewell is approaching the end of his career in professional football, but Osieck indicated the move would not harm his chances of national team selection.
    "Of course I approve," he said. "He is back in his homeland.
    He doesn't have to live in Turkey anymore and his wife doesn't have to hide at home or be bothered by anybody."
    Stand-in skipper Brett Emerton - another big name to be linked with a return to Australia - said he had not been in touch with Kewell since the speculation began, but hinted that many of the Socceroos' older guard could well be coming home soon.
    The rumour was that if Blackburn were relegated from the Barclays Premier League last season, Emerton would return to Australia to play with Sydney FC - but their survival ensured that possibility remains at least 12 months away.
    "I haven't spoken to Harry and to be honest, that's the first I've heard of Harry coming back, but if we can get players such as Harry back in the A-League then that's great for the game," Emerton said.
    "We're all coming to that stage of our career where it's a possibility in the next few years."
    "I've made no secret in the past that I'd love to come back and finish my career in Australia. When the time will be right, I'm not sure yet. We'll have to wait and see."

Uploads

Bendtner - sure to leave Gunners.
    BENDTNER 100% READY TO LEAVE ARSENAL

Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner admits that he is "100 per cent" ready to leave the club this summer.
    The Danish international has not been a part of manager Arsene Wenger's first team plans over the past season, often being named on the bench and needing to make an impact as a substitute.
    Bendtner scored just two Premier League goals all season, and has often been held in mixed opinion by his own supporters.
    There is no shortage of potential suitors for the 23-year-old, who despite his talent has been unable to consistently perform for the Gunners since breaking into the first team four years ago.
    Primera Liga outfit Sevilla are the latest club to become linked with a possible move for the player, with AC Milan and Bayern Munich also rumoured to be considering a bid.
    "I can promise that there won't be another season like this one," Bendtner told sporten.dk
    "I have decided 100 per cent that I must leave Arsenal.
    "I've considered this for a long time and was quite clear when I arrived at my decision.
    "I'm quite calm and confident that I'll be fine at a new club."

Uploads

Mark Hughes - left Fulham last week.
    AGENT: HUGHES AIMS TO MANAGE AT TOP

Mark Hughes' agent Kia Joorabchian claims the Welshman stood down as manager of Fulham in order to fulfil his ambition to compete at "the top level".
    Hughes left Craven Cottage three days ago after one season at the helm, turning down the offer of a new deal but claiming he had had no contact with any other club.
    The 47-year-old will now sit back and assess his options, with a move to Europe a possibility as he seeks a job which would allow him to challenge for honours.
    Joorabchian told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek programme: "As a manager he has ambitions to really compete at the top level and be the best he can.
    "[Fulham] are where they are. They are a great top-10, mid-table club and I think Mark really wants to be right up there competing in the Champions League positions, up there competing for titles. He'd like to win some cups.
    "He sat down and thought about it and thought if he signs a two-year contract now and they go and buy players in the transfer market, but all the time looking over his shoulder thinking 'well if a bigger job comes along, a top-four club or maybe a place in Portugal, Spain, Germany, Italy that allows him to compete...' then he'd be sort of keen to move and that would be unfair to Fulham.
    "He wanted to tell them and give them plenty of time. There was no better time to do so than at the end of the season."
    Joorabchian insists the timing of his client's resignation was merely "unfortunate" and not connected with the managerial vacancies at Aston Villa and Chelsea.
    "[The timing] was an unfortunate circumstance. The timing of the situation was such there were a couple of vacancies available," he said.
    "It had nothing to do with it whatsoever. You all realise Mark Hughes is a sincere man. He wouldn't do that.
    "This has nothing to do with Aston Villa or Chelsea or any other club. Mark Hughes made a decision to leave Fulham purely and simply because he didn't want to commit two years then look over his shoulder and disappoint them by leaving in the middle of his contract."
    Asked about the possibility of the former Chelsea player returning to Stamford Bridge for a role in the dugout, Joorabchian replied: "There's a vacancy there but I'm sure they have their own planning. We have not spoken to them. They have not spoken to us.
    "It's a club he has played for so he knows the club well but it would be disrespectful of us to say 'yes, we'd like to go there' or here or whatever. It's a case of Mark sitting on the sidelines and seeing what opportunities there will be throughout Europe."
    Meanwhile, Fulham striker Bobby Zamora has revealed his surprise at Hughes' decision to quit.
    Zamora said: "It was a total shock, him resigning. I was surprised.
    "There was no hint of it. It leaves us waiting for another manager.
    "It was going well. Everyone had bought into his ideas and were just starting to play the way he wanted.
    "He has decided not to stay and we go on and try and find another manager and hope we do well.
    "But Mark has got his reasons. I don't blame him at all. It's one of those things. Managers and players come and go."
    Zamora believes it is important Fulham find a replacement quickly as the players report back for pre-season training on June 23 - with the Cottagers' beginning their Europa League qualifying campaign a week later.
    He said: "We just want the right person for the club.
    "We are back in training on June 23, we've got a game on the 30th in the Europa League.
    It would be nice if the managerial thing is sorted before we come back.
    "If it takes time to find the right person, then fair enough.
    "We have to take our time and find the right person."

Uploads

Brunt - attracting Premier League interest.
    BRUNT HAPPY AT BAGGIES

West Brom midfielder Chris Brunt is happy at the club despite links with Merseyside rivals Liverpool and Everton.
    The Northern Ireland international enjoyed a good season at the Hawthorns, establishing himself as the club's new captain in their first season back in the Premier League, and helping them to safety.
    Manager Roy Hodgson, who gave Brunt the armband after moving to the Baggies, is determined to keep hold of key men such as Brunt and striker Peter Odemwingie, but may face a challenge to retain their services.
    Liverpool's director of football Damien Comolli, who arrived at Anfield when Hodgson departed the Reds in January, reportedly is a big admirer of the 26-year-old, who is rated at around 8million by his club.
    Brunt, who has also been linked with Aston Villa, however was adamant that he was settled at the Baggies, and focused on the task at hand with two years remaining on his contract.
    "I've got a contract here, so until someone tells me otherwise I'll be playing here," he told the Sunday Mercury.
    "I've enjoyed the season and I'll just keep my head down and see where it goes from there.
    "I enjoy playing for West Brom and I think I've got a decent relationship with the supporters.
    "I've been here for a while now and I know the ins and the outs of the club."

Uploads

Poulsen - hoping for big moments at Liverpool.
    POULSON WANTS ANFIELD STAY

Liverpool midfielder Christian Poulsen insists that he wants to stay at the club and be part of the rebuilding process.
    The Danish international is reported to be one of several players heading towards the exit door this summer, having only figured a handful of times under new boss Kenny Dalglish.
    Poulsen joined the Reds at the start of last season under former boss Roy Hodgson for 5million, but has become a much-maligned figure during his spell at Anfield and accused of not being up to the pace of the Premier League.
    Despite struggling over the past year however, Poulsen still feels he can contribute in the centre of midfield and have a part to play in their revival, despite links with a move to Stoke.
    "It was a really long season. I came here in August and a lot of things happened during the season - we have got new owners and the manager has changed," he told the club's official website.
    "The whole time the dressing room was really good during a season of a lot of changes. The atmosphere is always better when you're winning games, but that is normal in football.
    "In the second half of the season we found ourselves as a team and I am looking forward to seeing how Liverpool play next season because I think a lot of things have gone on this year, so if we can have more of a stable season then it will be interesting to see which position we can finish in.
    "I am sure Kenny is the right man to lead Liverpool to success in the future because in the short time he has been here, we have only gone one way - and I hope that will continue in the future.
    "Of course, I would also like to play a little bit more - and that is my hope for the future.
    "To come to Liverpool and to play at Anfield has been really good for me, but I hope I still have bigger moments to come in the future that I will be able to talk about at the end of next season.
    "I hope I can get closer to the starting XI. I have been training hard at Melwood to try and get back into the team and that is my aim for the future."

Uploads

Gohouri - new deal with Latics.
    GOHOURI EXTENDS LATICS DEAL

Wigan defender Steve Gohouri has pledged his future to the club after agreeing a new deal until the summer of 2013.
    The Ivorian defender moved to the Latics in January last year on a free transfer and signed an extension last summer after being released by German side Borussia Monchengladbach.
    Gohouri made 29 appearances for Roberto Martinez's side this season, scoring one goal in their 1-1 draw with Liverpool at Anfield in February.
    The 30-year-old's agent, Rui Alves, said: " We are delighted with Steve's new contract with Wigan.
    Roberto and (Wigan chairman) Mr Whelan are fantastic people and this team deserve to be in the Premier League.
    "Steve had some contacts to go somewhere else next season, but we decided to stay here and make this club a very good club, with some good signings they can have a great season next year."
    Wigan are reportedly keen on bringing French youngster Oussama Mrabet to the club on a trial period to assess his talent.
    The 17-year-old, currently at Sochaux, has been hotly tipped to be the next Zinedine Zidane, and could spend the summer at the DW Stadium.

Uploads

Taylor - reportedly attracting interest from Newcastle.
    NEWCASTLE TARGET NEIL TAYLOR

Reports suggest Newcastle are closing in on the signing of Swansea defender Neil Taylor.
    Newcastle have lined up a move for highly-rated full-back Taylor as they battle to keep hold of Jose Enrique.
    A number of clubs are chasing Spanish defender Enrique and Newcastle have targeted Taylor as his possible replacement.
    22-year-old Taylor has established himself as one of the best defenders in the country after impressing for Swansea since his arrival from Wrexham last summer.
    Taylor has broken into the Wales side and he played a key role in helping Swansea win promotion to the Premier League.
    However, it appears Swansea could lose the former Manchester City youngster for as little as 1million due to a buy-out clause in his contract at the Liberty Stadium.
    Newcastle are ready to offer Taylor a lucrative deal to make the move to St James' Park this summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast