Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 08-06-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 08-06-11

Latest Transfer Update at 08-06-11

Jordan Henderson - fee agreed.
    LIVERPOOL HAVE HENDERSON BID ACCEPTED

Sunderland have agreed a fee with Liverpool for the sale of midfielder Jordan Henderson, the north-east club have confirmed on their official website.
    The England international, 20, will head to Anfield today to have a medical and discuss personal terms.
    A statement from Sunderland said: "A fee has been agreed with Liverpool for Jordan Henderson and he travels to Anfield today with the club's blessing."
    Press Association Sport understands the deal is worth in the region of 20million, while it is thought French striker David Ngog could travel in the opposite direction,
    Henderson's likely arrival would make him manager Kenny Dalglish's third high-profile signing after the big-money January captures of Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez.
    Sunderland have repeatedly stated that the player was not for sale, but Liverpool's cash has persuaded them to part company with Henderson, who will head to Denmark later this week to link up with the England Under-21 squad for the European Championships.
    Henderson, who previously had a loan spell with Coventry, made his Sunderland debut in a 5-0 defeat to Chelsea in November 2008 and has gone on to make 79 appearances for the club, scoring five goals.
    He made his England debut against France in November last year.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 08-06-11

Young - wedding bliss before move.
    VILLA RESIGNED TO LOSING YOUNG

Aston Villa are resigned to losing Ashley Young to Manchester United but the deal may not be finalised until after the winger's wedding this weekend, Press Association Sport understands.
    Villa are expected to double the 9 million they paid Watford for Young four-and-a-half years ago.
    United and Villa have been in talks to try and complete a deal for the England player.
    But it is understood the finer points have still to be thrashed out and that may mean the transfer not going through until after Young has tied the knot in his native Hertfordshire on Saturday.
    Young indicated after England's Euro 2012 qualifier with Switzerland on Saturday that he wants to play Champions League football.
    He has only 12 months left of his current deal at Villa.
    Villa - and the then manager Gerard Houllier - had been braced for the possibility of losing Young after he shelved talks about any possible new contract.
    His departure follows on from the loss of other leading players in Gareth Barry and James Milner to Manchester City.
    Of more concern to Villa - in addition to appointing a new manager - is trying to ensure they keep hold of their other star winger in Stewart Downing.
    He has two years left of his contract but has also shelved talks of a new deal and has been linked with a move to Liverpool.

Uploads

Nasri - Arsenal star.
    SAMIR NASRI PLAYS DOWN EXIT TALK

Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri has played down speculation that he could be set to leave Emirates Stadium.
    The France international has seen his future with the North London club thrown into doubt following an interview in which he refused to rule out the possibility of joining Manchester United.
    United are in the market for a new creative playmaker this summer following Paul Scholes' decision to hang up his boots after a glittering career.
    Nasri is among the names to have been linked with a move to the 19-times English champions, and he did little to quell the speculation with his recent comments.
    But the former Marseille man, who also fired off a foul-mouthed reply to one follower on the social networking site, has now moved to ease the concerns of Gunners fans.
    Nasri wrote on Twitter: "I just want tell you don't listen (to) the newspaper and the rumours I will let you know if something happen."

Uploads

Sanchez - no Barca deal confirmed.
    UDINESE DENY SANCHEZ DEAL

Reports in Spain claim a deal between the two clubs had been reached on Tuesday night, meaning the Chile international and reported City target would join the European champions.
    But a statement from Udinese president Franco Soldati said: "Regarding reports of a possible transfer of Chilean striker Alexis Sanchez to FC Barcelona, I would like to point out that they are not true.
    "No agreement has been reached between Udinese and Barcelona for the transfer of this player.
    "Moreover, no meeting has been scheduled between the two clubs to discuss such transfer."
    Inter Milan are also in the race to acquire the 22-year-old, who is under contract with Udinese until June 2014.
    Sanchez has enjoyed a fine campaign with Udinese, scoring 12 goals to help the Bianconeri qualify for the Champions League next season.

Uploads

Gera - reportedly liked by new manager Jol.
    JOL MAY HOLD KEY TO GERA FUTURE

West Brom's hopes of re-signing Zoltan Gera from Fulham could be dashed after the arrival of Martin Jol as the Cottagers new manager, according to the players' agent.
    Albion had been optimistic of bringing midfielder Gera, who is out of contract, back to the Hawthorns and had held initial talks with the player.
    But Jol is also an admirer of the Hungarian international and tried to sign the 32-year-old from Ferencvaros when manager of Tottenham.
    Gera's agent, Vladan Filipovioc, told Hungarian newspaper Nemzeti Sport: "Martin Jol knows and likes Gera's style.
    "When he was manager of Tottenham, he wanted to sign Gera. He would probably like to work with him now.
    "Until Gera signs his new contract, anything can happen. It could be that he even stays at Fulham."
    Gera made 155 appearances for the Baggies before moving to Fulham during the summer of 2008 when Roy Hodgson - now Albion's head coach - was manager.
    West Brom are stepping up their search to sign a new striker after losing out to Swansea in the race for Watford's Danny Graham who completed a 3.5 million move to Wales to on Tuesday.
    Albion had previously had a 2.5 million bid rejected for the former Middlesbrough man.

Uploads

VLAAR AGREES NEW FEYENOORD DEAL

Feyenoord captain Ron Vlaar has agreed a new three-year contract with the Rotterdam club.
    Vlaar, who joined Feyenoord in 2006 from AZ Alkmaar and took on the skipper's role following the departure of Giovanni van Bronckhorst in 2010, has overcome some major injury problems to become an integral part of Mario Been's team.
    Having confirmed he will remain at De Kuip until the summer of 2014 following protracted negotiations, Vlaar said: "Of course I am very happy and relieved.
    "Monday was a long and tiring day but I am glad it is over. The reason it took so long is because I just wanted to thoroughly weigh up what the best career move would be.
    "I think everybody has that right, as have the boys with whom Feyenoord are still sitting around the table although of course I hope to push them in the right direction."
    Feyenoord technical director Martin van Geel said: "We are delighted that we have agreed a deal with Ron.
    "Vlaar has in recent years developed into a figurehead of the club.
    "And by committing himself to Feyenoord for even longer it is sending out a very important signal."

Uploads

Gallacher - weighing up Dunfermline offer.
    PARS MOVE FOR GALLACHER

Dunfermline are closing in on a deal to bring goalkeeper Paul Gallacher back to the club.
    Gallacher is available on a free transfer after rejecting a new deal at St Mirren.
    The 31-year-old is well thought of at Dunfermline after spending two successful seasons with the club prior to his move to St Mirren.
    SPL new-boys Dunfermline have made Gallacher an offer to return to East End Park and the player's agent, Blair Morgan, expects the keeper to soon make a decision on his future.
    "Dunfermline have made an attractive offer and Paul is considering it seriously," Morgan told the Daily Record.
    "He has other options, but Paul knows Jim and is interested in what he has put to him."

Uploads

Enzo Scifo - Auxerre hopeful.
    SCIFO INTERESTED IN AUXERRE POST

Enzo Scifo has added his name to the list of candidates for the vacant Auxerre job.
    The former Belgium international was not among the names originally linked with the club, but he has told L'Equipe that he has been contacted by Auxerre president Gerard Bourgoin.
    "We had a little chat," Scifo said. "He wanted to know if I was especially interested. But there is nothing more yet."
    Auxerre are seeking a replacement for Jean Fernandez, and have been linked with Laurent Fournier, Guy Lacombe, Didier Olle-Nicolle and Patrick Remy.

Uploads

Amalfitano - signs for Marseille.
    MARSEILLE CONFIRM AMALFITANO DEAL

Marseille have confirmed a deal to sign Morgan Amalfitano from Lorient.
    The 26-year-old midfielder is out of contract at the Stade du Moustoir and will formally sign on Thursday when the transfer window opens.
    "It gives me great satisfaction to join this great club," Amalfitano told Marseille's official website.
    "This is a big step for me and today I have great pride."
    Amalfitano has worked his way up after beginning his career at Cannes before joining Sedan and then Lorient. He was linked with Premier League clubs but the Nice-born player jumped at the chance to return to the Mediterranean coast.
    "Being a native of the south, Marseille is something big for me," he added. "I'll given everything for Marseille and L'OM."
    Last season Amalfitano collected 13 assists and scored five goals as he played in every league game to help Lorient to 11th place.

Uploads

Alonso - not ruling out a return to Liverpool.
    ALONSO WON'T RULE OUT REDS RETURN

Real Madrid star Xabi Alonso has refused to rule out a return to Liverpool in the future.
    Alonso left Liverpool for Real in the summer of 2009 after a difficult last 12 months at the club with then Reds boss Rafa Benitez willing to sell him as he pursued Gareth Barry.
    The 29-year-old is happy with life at Madrid, but he is open to the possibility of one day returning to Merseyside.
    When asked if would ever consider returning to Liverpool, Alonso told Liverpool tv : "Why not? I think that in football so many things change, and why not? I have my red passion and if circumstances arrived then why not?
    "At the moment I don't know what is going to happen, but it could be a possibility. Never say never."
    Alonso, who spent five years at Liverpool, admitted it was a major wrench to leave Anfield and he revealed he still misses the club.
    "It was difficult because Liverpool has been and always will be very special," added Alonso. "It is in my heart because I have lived very intense things there.
    "I miss lots of things. I miss the lads, I miss the atmosphere at Melwood - it was a great place to work, and the scenario of Anfield is unbeatable.
    "The special nights I have been privileged enough to live, those will be in my memory forever and they are difficult to compare anywhere in the world."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast