Thread: help please:trying to get one dreambox to talk to a second box

help please:trying to get one dreambox to talk to a second box

hi can anyone help im trying to get one dreambox to talk to a second box at a differnet location,dreambox 1 has my fline in it and dreambox 2 has my cline in it,dreambox 1 is connected to a netgear router and dreambox 2 is connected to a adsl sagem router,i have logged into my netgear router and port forward 12000 and put dreambox1 ip address in when i do a test with open port check i get this message:
    TCP
    EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS SHOWS ###########
    PING RESULT WE WERE NOT ABLE TO PING YOUR ROUTER
    PORT CHECK RESULT THE PORT IS OPEN ON ANOTHER DEVICE
    when i check UDP i get this message
    EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS SHOWS ###########
    PING RESULT WE WERE NOT ABLE TO PING YOUR ROUTER
    PORT CHECK RESULT THE PORT IS NOT OPEN OR REACHABLE.
    i dont know what i am doing wrong here i just cant get the 2 boxes to communicate with each other do i need to forward port the router at the second location to port 12000 at the other location,also do i have to use dynds or can i just use my normal ip address? any help would be great

Uploads

Re: help please:trying to get one dreambox to talk to a second box

firstly you may not be able to ping you router a lot of routers drop pings these days
    secondly the only things you need to know is the external ip address of your netgear connected to dreambox1 with the card and the ip address of dreambox1 not used a netgear for a while but if i remember right the default is to block all incoming traffic on routers firewall you will need to allow 12000 incoming you then need to make sure your port forwarding is set up to forward any traffic on port 12000 to the ip address of dreambox1 its worth either setting dreambox1 with a static ip or reserve it in DHCP so it always keeps the same address next the external ip address of the netgear you will need this for your cline its probably better to use a dynamic ip host such as no-ip or dyn dns as in most cases every time you connect to the internet you will get a different external ip address so in the cline of dreambox2 you just need to add the cline c:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 12000 user pass ensuring the user and pass correspond exactly to the one in the fline

Re: help please:trying to get one dreambox to talk to a second box

Yo mates,
    I need help plz.
    I've got a CW-700S
    Will it work, or what Model DREAMBOX do I need.

Thx,
    Saturn12