Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 11-06-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 11-06-11

Latest Transfer Update at 11-06-11

Essien - looking forward to next season.
    ESSIEN IGNORES TRANSFER TALK

Michael Essien has declared that he expects to still be at Chelsea next season after being linked with a move to Inter Milan.
    Speculation emanating from Italy and Ghana has suggested that Essien could be on his way to Inter this summer following a disappointing campaign at Stamford Bridge.
    However, the midfielder maintains that he knows nothing about the reported interest and is staying focused on performing as well as he can for the Blues.
    Having missed out on silverware this term, Essien hopes to help Chelsea enjoy success on the domestic and European stage over the next 12 months.
    He told skysports.com: "I am looking forward to next season, I want to win back the title and bring the Champions League to Chelsea.
    "So I am not aware of not playing for Chelsea next season."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-06-11

Nolan - bid rejected by Newcastle for midfielder.
    MAGPIES REJECT NOLAN BID - REPORT

Newcastle have turned down a 'derisory' offer from West Ham for Kevin Nolan.
    The Hammers are preparing to mount a push for promotion from the Championship after suffering relegation at the end of the season, with new manager Sam Allardyce drawing up a list of transfer targets.
    Nolan was believed to be one of the names at the top of their wish list and a bid was lodged with the Magpies in an attempt to secure his services.
    However, Newcastle have rejected the approach as they value Nolan much higher and do not want to let their captain leave.
    It emerged earlier this week that the midfielder had turned down the offer of a new contract at St James' Park, with two years still remaining on his current deal.
    But that is because he wanted an improved five-year deal and Newcastle were offering a two-year extension.
    The 28-year-old has been consistently impressive since making the move to Tyneside from Bolton in 2009, first helping Newcastle bounce back to the top flight and then carrying on his fine form with 12 goals in the Premier League.

Uploads

Comolli - ready for more signings.
    MORE TO ARRIVE AT ANFIELD - COMOLLI

Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli has promised the club's fans there will be more transfer activity this summer after securing number one target Jordan Henderson.
    The Reds signed once-capped England midfielder Henderson from Sunderland this week in a deal reportedly worth up to 20million.
    The 20-year-old is the third major signing since Kenny Dalglish's return as manager, with Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez joining in January.
    Now Comolli has said there is more to come.
    "We wanted to make a signing early. The earlier the better because we can then re-adjust our strategy or decide we aren't going to do any more - which won't be the case now!" Comolli is quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror.
    "I'm very pleased, because Jordan was one of the big targets we had. When you get your first target it's always a good sign because you think the others will come through as well."
    Liverpool look set to miss out on both Phil Jones and Ashley Young to Manchester United, but with the likes of Ipswich's Connor Wickham and Blackpool captain Charlie Adam also on their radar, it is clear they are prioritising homegrown talent.
    "If a player is English, or British or has played in the Premier League, we'll look at that over someone abroad," confirmed Comolli.
    "We go for a player because he ticks all the boxes. It's what we need at this time in this window, and we have seen that with Henderson."

Uploads

Hemed - wanted by Rangers.
    McCOIST REVEALS INTEREST IN HEMED

Rangers manager Ally McCoist will hold talks over the weekend with regards to making Tomer Hemed his first signing.
    The Israel international, 24, is on McCoist's wanted list following favourable reports.
    Hemed would be available on a free transfer after a spell with Maccabi Haifa.
    McCoist told the Herald: "We'll talk to his agents over the next couple of days.
    "I've had great reports on him. By all accounts he's a good lad, very professional. He has a good pedigree and a good attitude."

Uploads

Rodallega - would accept a move gladly.
    SEVILLA DENY RODALLEGA BID

Sevilla have denied making a bid for Hugo Rodallega, who has admitted he would be willing to move if the right offer came in.
    Reports have linked the Spanish giants with a move for the Colombian striker, who has impressed at the DW Stadium since arriving from Mexican side Necaxa in 2009, but has just a year left on his current deal.
    Now he is regarded as one of Wigan's top assets and Roberto Martinez - who pledged his own future to the club this week - will be anxious for him to stay.
    Rodallega admits he may look at offers, but he knows nothing of any interest yet.
    "I know nothing, only what the media says, there have been offers from Spain, others from Italy and some of England, but my agent has not had a concrete approach with any team in Europe," he told El Pais in his homeland.
    "I'm happy at Wigan because in the two-and-a-half years they have treated me well, I've earned a place and I am already one of the major players in the team.
    "It makes me feel at home, but if the opportunity arises to go to another larger team, who give me the chance to fight for a title, I could and would accept it gladly."
    Sevilla and Villarreal have been linked in recent weeks, but sources for the Andalusian outfit say they have not made a move for the 25-year-old.
    "Formally we have not presented an offer to Wigan for the Colombian Hugo Rodallega, we have certainly followed him like with many other footballers," a Sevilla source told ABC.

Uploads

Dong - on his way to England.
    SUNDERLAND TO SEAL DONG DEAL

Sunderland are set to sign South Korea international Ji Dong-won.
    According to reports in the Far East, Chunnam Dragons have reached an agreement with Sunderland for the 20 year-old and he could be making his last K-League appearance on June 26.
    The disclosed transfer fee is in the region of 625,000 to 800,000 and Ji is understood to have come to terms with a three-year deal worth 1.5 million.
    "I hope to survive in the English Premier League as long as I can play like Park Ji-sung and I also want to be the ace of the team like Lee Chung-yong," an excited Ji was quoted as saying on The Korea Times.
    The talented forward is a product of Chunnam's youth program and scored eight goals in 26 matches in his debut season last year.
    The K-League outfit are disappointed at losing their starlet but admitted they had little choice but to let him go.
    "It is a great loss for us to lose him after having him only for one season and after spending many years to train him," a club spokesperson said.
    "If he returns to the K-League, he must return to the Chunnam Dragons."
    Ji will join Sunderland's pre-season camp early next month and is expected to feature in the club's friendly games before the new campaign starts.

Uploads

Martinez - staying with Wigan.
    MARTINEZ RELISHING WIGAN FUTURE

Roberto Martinez believes he has unfinished business at Wigan and wants to make next season the best in the club's history.
    The Spaniard showed his loyalty to the Latics by snubbing Aston Villa to remain in the manager's job at the DW Stadium.
    Wigan are now looking forward to a seventh season of top-flight football after avoiding relegation from the Barclays Premier League on the final day of the 2010-11 campaign.
    Martinez said: "At the end of the season I said it was a time to be proud of our club.
    "There is a lot of work to be done now after a very good season from a development point of view.
    "We have a lot to do over the coming months in terms of individual situations, personal contracts and assembling a very competitive squad ready to keep fighting in the Premier League next season and keep defying the odds.
    "It's been a slow process investing heavily in youth and in a group of players who will bring us great stability and I'm very proud of where the club is on the pitch and off it.
    "Now is the time for the fans to kick on and show their support and make this the best season we've had in the Premier League."
    Wigan's best Premier League finish was 10th in their first season after promotion in 2006.
    Martinez has finished 16th twice in his two seasons in charge and now feels he needs to repay the faith of his chairman Dave Whelan by taking them to the next level.
    The 37-year-old said: "Over the last two years the chairman has been very supportive to me and loyal and now I feel I need to be loyal and supportive back to him.
    "I haven't finished my job at Wigan Athletic - there is much work still to be done."
    Whelan has previously admitted that he expects Martinez to move on to a bigger club one day but is pleased to have persuaded him to stay for now.
    Martinez has been given a pay rise and a new three-year contract.
    Whelan said: "Villa will be disappointed but I am over the moon and I am sure every Wigan supporter will join me in saying it is fantastic and we're so pleased to have Roberto."
    Villa turned their attention to Martinez after their interest in Steve McClaren and Rafael Benitez cooled. They will now have to look at other targets with bookmakers listing Bolton's Owen Coyle and former Fulham boss Mark Hughes among their favourites.
    Everton's David Moyes has also been linked but Alex McLeish, boss of rivals Birmingham, would appear an unlikely contender.

Uploads

Cesar - wants Inter stay.
    NO MAN UNITED MOVE FOR JULIO CESAR

Inter Milan goalkeeper Julio Cesar has moved to distance himself from reports linking him with Manchester United.
    Roma have also been credited with holding an interest in the Brazil international, who has been a major player for Inter since joining the club from Flamengo in 2005.
    Despite the fact he is widely regarded as being one of the world's top goalkeepers, that has not stopped Inter from being linked with Bologna's Emiliano Viviano.
    Mooted talk of an approach has led to inevitable speculation about Cesar's own future, with United having been linked despite a deal for Atletico Madrid's David de Gea seemingly close to being sealed.
    Cesar, though, has moved to quell speculation of a move as he has reiterated his contentment with life at Inter, despite conceding Roma were definitely interested in acquiring his services.
    "Roma have tested the waters with me, they were really interested," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
    "But I decided to stay at Inter until 2014, which is when my contract expires.
    "So, the story is closed. I'd like my name to disappear from the pages of transfers. No Roma, no Manchester United, no nothing.
    "Now I want to beat AC Milan and win back the Scudetto. Also, I'd like to win the Champions League again."
    When quizzed on the future of team-mate Wesley Sneijder, a reported target of both Manchester clubs and Chelsea, Cesar was equally emphatic.
    "Sneijder to Chelsea? Don't worry, he stays here," he concluded.

Uploads

Senna - deal could be struck says agent.
    SWANSEA TALKING TO MARCOS SENNA

Swansea have opened talks with former Spain international Marcos Senna.
    The Barclays Premier League newcomers are lining up a shock move for the out-of-contract Villarreal midfielder, 34, and his representative Ely Coimbra says a deal could be struck.
    Coimbra told the Western Mail: "Marcos Senna had a previous conversation by phone with Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers and that made him very proud and honoured with the possible interest of Swansea to have him in the squad for the Premier League.
    "Marcos is very happy with the possibility and of course keen to play Premier League football, but we want to make very clear that we are right now on preliminary contacts.
    "But of course Swansea City can be a very attractive option, since Mr Rodgers explained to Marcos his ideas about his team and part of Swansea's project - which pleased him a lot - and obviously because of the nice and vibrant city of Swansea."
    Senna won 28 caps for Spain and was part of the squad that won the European Championships in 2008.

Uploads

Gameiro - linked with move away from France.
    GAMEIRO TOLD TO STAY IN FRANCE

Laurent Blanc has advised Kevin Gameiro not to move abroad as Paris St Germain and Valencia continue to vie for his signature.
    Gameiro has attracted rave reviews for his performances for Lorient over the past couple of years, while has also started to establish himself in the France squad.
    Newcastle have expressed an interest in the striker but he announced earlier this week that it was his intention to sign for PSG or Valencia.
    Reports suggest PSG have now made a firm offer of around €11million (9.7m) for Gameiro, which was rejected by Lorient but is still believed to be much closer to their valuation than Valencia's initial offer of €7m.
    The 24-year-old has never hidden his admiration for Spanish football but France boss Blanc has warned him of the dangers of leaving for a new country.
    "Kevin has the choice to leave Lorient. It is up to him to evaluate his sporting interest," Blanc told reporters.
    "I won't make the decision. A great French club is not unattractive.
    "Leaving for abroad is not that easy. If after three months you cannot score, there are no favours. It is a risk.
    "If he feels really strongly he can finally join a big foreign club."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast