Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 12-06-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 12-06-11

Latest Transfer Update at 12-06-11

Sneijder - linked with Chelsea.
    NO SNEIJDER CONTACT - HIDDINK

Guus Hiddink insists he has not instructed Chelsea to pursue Dutch star Wesley Sneijder.
    Hiddink remains odds-on to take charge at Stamford Bridge, following Carlo Ancelotti's sacking earlier this summer.
    Hiddink is currently in charge of Turkey, who he is trying to lead to Euro 2012, and their FA president has insisted they will take action if he breaks his contract to move to Stamford Bridge.
    Despite constant refusals to confirm talks or contact with Chelsea, who he previously took charge of in 2009, reports have suggested that targets have already been drawn up, with one of those being Inter Milan midfielder Sneijder.
    Sneijder has been strongly linked with Chelsea and Manchester United, but he has insisted he is more than happy with Inter.
    And now Hiddink has stressed that he has not made contact with Chelsea about a proposed deal for his compatriot.
    "After Belgium-Turkey [last week] I went to South Korea. I did not go on holiday, I went to one of my projects in the country where I worked during the World Cup of 2002. I do a lot of work for charity there," he told De Telegraaf.
    "I am busy creating lots of pitches, in particular for handicapped people.
    "When I got back to Europe I was confronted with all sorts of stories, saying I had told Chelsea to sign Sneijder.
    "I am not making a fuss about any of the other stories, but I have to make it clear there has been no contact between the club and me in the last couple of weeks.
    "I have enough on my plate trying to get Turkey to the Euro finals.''
    Fresh reports in England say that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has already pledged to give Hiddink a 150million transfer war chest to use upon his appointment.
    However, the Turkish Football Federation has threatened to report Chelsea to FIFA if they push ahead with any chase of 64-year-old Hiddink.
    "Chelsea have a record of signing players while under contract," Turkish football president Mahmut Ozgener said.
    "If the same thing happens with Hiddink, we will make a file of the payments we made to Hiddink and we will go to FIFA."
    Ozegener also revealed that he was told that Hiddink informed the Turkey players that he would be leaving.
    "After the game with Belgium (on June 3) I went into the dressing room and asked Hiddink what he would do. He replied that he would go to watch the Turkey B team and then fly to South Korea for a charity match," he said.
    "Afterwards, I learned he had told the players different things. You cannot come to Turkey and just leave when you want."
    Chelsea are yet to comment on whether they even have an interest in Hiddink, but the delay in sealing his appointment could become an issue if it is not resolved in the coming weeks.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 12-06-11

Crouch and Pavlyuchenko - happy where they are.
    STRIKE PAIR HAPPY AT SPURS

Tottenham strikers Peter Crouch and Roman Pavlyuchenko are happy at White Hart Lane and have no plans to leave North London this summer.
    England international Crouch endured a tough campaign, scoring just four times in the Premier League as Harry Redknapp's men missed out on a second season in the Champions League.
    Sunderland are reported to be considering offering 10million in a bid to lure the former Liverpool striker to the North East, with the Black Cats also said to be monitoring Crouch's team-mate Pavlyuchenko.
    But the tall forward, who is planning to consider his England future over the summer after falling down the pecking order under Fabio Capello, claims he is not looking to move on to pastures new.
    And Crouch is confident that Redknapp will be looking to strengthen his squad over the summer to keep pace with Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool.
    He said: "Of course I'm happy where I am. It's a great club and, in my opinion, it's on the up.
    "We have a lot more to achieve. There's no doubt in the world that every team are going to make themselves stronger and we can't fall behind.
    "I'm sure that the manager and chairman have got plans in mind of who they will want to bring in and add that little bit of quality that takes us to maybe that next step."
    Meanwhile, Pavlyuchenko's agent Oleg Artemov insists the 29-year-old wants to fight for his place at White Hart Lane rather than move on.
    Artemov said: "Roman wants to stay at Tottenham. In a couple of weeks I plan to meet the management of the club. We will discuss his future.
    "Roman has a Spurs contract and we want to prolong it. We will not even consider any other offers yet."

Uploads

Modric - linked with a move.
    MODRIC WON'T BE LEAVING - REDKNAPP

Harry Redknapp says Luka Modric won't be leaving Tottenham this summer, but admits it is impossible to prevent his head from being turned by other clubs.
    Both Manchester United and Chelsea are believed to be more than keen on taking the Croatian playmaker, who has refused to rule out a possible departure.
    Redknapp, though, maintains Spurs cannot afford to let Modric move on this summer.
    "If clubs the size of Manchester United and Chelsea are prepared to offer him Champions League football and massive wages, you would have to be very naive to think it wouldn't turn Luka's head," he told the Sunday Mirror.
    "But I have been assured by the chairman that he is not prepared to sell him under any circumstances.
    "And it's fair to say he's not happy about the unwanted attention and continuing speculation surrounding Luka.
    "I have said on many occasions he is irreplaceable and it would be a massive disaster for the club if he was allowed to leave.
    "We need to be strengthening the squad not depleting it. In an ideal world I would hope to bring in at least three more players to give us a realistic chance of competing for a top-four place in the Premier League next season.
    "United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea, who all finished above us, are going to strengthen their squads so we have to be realistic.
    "If we want to compete with them we have to be active in the transfer market, but I'm not suggesting it's going to be easy. Quality players at the right price are not easy to acquire.
    "We also need to trim the squad and sell a few players."

Uploads

Vidic - 'stays where he is'.
    VIDIC GOING NOWHERE - AGENT

Nemanja Vidic's agent has dismissed talk of the Manchester United captain leaving Old Trafford.
    The 29-year-old Serbia defender has been linked with a move away from England - Juventus the latest club reportedly interested - despite being a key part of Sir Alex Ferguson's side and having three years left on his contract.
    However, his agent Silvano Martina has rejected any talk of a summer exit.
    He told Radio Sportiva: "He's a player that everyone wants.
    "I talked to him about a hypothetical transfer and he replied, 'I am the captain of Manchester United, earning well, I've won almost everything... Why should I go to Italy right now, when Italian football is going through a turbulent period?'
    "This response removes any doubt about where his future lies - he stays where he is."
    Vidic joined United from Spartak Moscow in January 2006 and signed a fresh four-year contract last August. He lifted the Barclays Premier League trophy last month - an English record 19th league title for United - and led the Red Devils to the Champions League final.

Uploads

McLeish - resigned by e-mail.
    ALEX MCLEISH QUITS BIRMINGHAM

Alex McLeish has resigned as manager of Birmingham City.
    A statement from the club issued on Sunday afternoon read: "Birmingham City Football Club can confirm that Alex McLeish has resigned as manager.

"Acting chairman Peter Pannu received an e-mail resignation from McLeish earlier today while away on business in Amsterdam.
    "No further comment will be made at this moment in time and updates will be released in due course."
    McLeish was in charge of the Blues as they were relegated from the Premier League last month, although he also led them to Carling Cup glory earlier in the season.
    The former Scotland boss is now odds-on with the bookies to take charge of Birmingham's local rivals Aston Villa.
    McLeish received the public backing of the Birmingham board following the club's last-day relegation from the Premier League on the condition that he achieved promotion back to the top flight at the first attempt.
    However, the former Rangers manager opted to depart St Andrews of his own accord and amid growing speculation that he was prepared to make the short journey to take control of rivals Aston Villa.
    The Scot assumed control of first-team affairs at Birmingham in 2007 but was unable to save the club from relegation at the end of the season.
    The Blues made an immediate return to the Premier League and completed a 12-game unbeaten run during the 2009/10 season, a club record in the top division.
    McLeish would then guide the club to what he called 'his greatest achievement' in February 2011, beating Arsenal 2-1 at Wembley to secure the Carling Cup. Yet a poor run of league form ultimately resulted in the Blues' relegation back into the second tier.

Uploads

Davies - sacked by Forest.
    DAVIES LEAVES FOREST; McCLAREN NEXT?

Nottingham Forest have terminated the contract of manager Billy Davies with immediate effect.
    The former Preston and Derby manager was unable to secure promotion to the Premier League in last season's npower Championship play-offs, falling to a 3-1 aggregate defeat to eventual winners Swansea.
    The club have also confirmed on their official website that they are talking to former England boss Steve McClaren about the vacancy.
    The Scot joined Forest on January 1 2009, just over a year after his dismissal by Derby.
    Davies spent 4million on new players at the City Ground during his first summer in charge and led the club to an unbeaten run of 18 league games which contributed to a play-off place at the end of the 2009-10 season.
    The Reds were beaten 6-4 on aggregate by Blackpool who would then clinch promotion to the top flight with victory over Cardiff at Wembley.
    The board entrusted Davies with a second full campaign in which the side finished sixth after a season of highs and lows, but the eventual disappointment of an second consecutive exit at the play-off semi-final stage proved to be the last straw.
    McClaren has most recently been linked with the vacant Aston Villa job but could be set to renew his management career in England in the Championship after mixed success in with FC Twente and Wolfsburg.

Uploads

Gameiro - deal agreed with PSG.
    PSG COMPLETE GAMEIRO DEAL

Paris Saint Germain have announced the signing of France international striker Kevin Gameiro, ending Newcastle's lingering hopes of luring him to England.
    Newcastle had agreed terms with Lorient some weeks ago, but the player never showed any willingness to move to the Premier League.
    Valencia also made a bid and Gameiro admitted his desire to switch to Spain, but PSG then made their move and have now sealed his signature.
    Gameiro has agreed a four-year deal with the capital club after their offer in excess of 10million was accepted.
    Gameiro, who netted 22 goals for Lorient last season, was thrilled to have joined his childhood team.
    "I'm very happy, very proud," he told www.psg.fr. "This club is in my area. My family and my friends are here.
    "I also always wanted to play at the Parc des Princes. To score goals in this stadium is fantastic.
    "I attended several matches with my father [as a youngster]. It was very nice and PSG had a big team. I loved [former PSG forward] Marco Simone.
    I told my parents that one day I'll be at his place and I will achieve this next season.
    "I liked his style. He was a true striker with a real sense of purpose.
    "PSG is a club I greatly appreciate. I have supported PSG since my childhood. There is a great project here."
    The project will not include the Champions League in his first season, with the capital club's fourth-place finish in the 2010/11 Ligue 1 season good enough only to secure a Europa League berth.
    The former Strasbourg man insisted that had not been a factor in his decision to join Antoine Kombouare's side.
    "No. I thought a lot and saw things in perspective," he said. "I chose PSG because it is a big French club. I think next year we can have a great season. And PSG is the club in my heart."
    Gameiro will not have to wait long to be reunited with his former team-mates, with Lorient due to visit Paris on the opening weekend of the new campaign.
    "This is a very important game because it will get things started," he said.
    "It will be my first game at the Parc des Princes... I hope I will play! It will be a pleasure to face my Lorient friends."
    PSG president Robin Leproux was equally delighted with his club's acquisition.
    He said: "The arrival of Kevin has been studied for several months by all teams.
    "This is a purchase which I personally wanted. It was not easy because clubs like Valencia were interested. Today, it is great to see Kevin walk onto the pitch at the Parc des Princes. His signing was a priority."

Uploads

Gervinho - quiet over speculation.
    GERVINHO QUIET ON MOVE

Gervinho has refused to comment on future as the battle to secure his signature continues.
    French sources claim both Tottenham and Arsenal have had bids rejected for the Ivory Coast international in the last 48 hours.
    Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester City are also being linked with the highly-rated forward - who revealed to skysports.com earlier this week that he was set to leave French champions Lille.
    The media in France also claim that the player's preference is Arsenal or City - given he wants to play in the UEFA Champions League next season.
    But the player has refused to elaborate further on his future as his representatives seek to finalise his next move.
    "I have no comment to make at the moment," he told skysports.com.
    "I have already made myself clear enough. Things will be sorted out sooner or later, I want to enjoy my summer."
    Gervinho, meanwhile, has been encouraged to join Arsenal by Johan Djourou.
    "Gervinho is a quality player and i would love him to join Arsenal," said Swiss international Djourou, who was born in Ivory Coast.
    "He can be a good player for us, he can play in any position in the offensive area, the fans will love him because he is an exciting player."