Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 15-06-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 15-06-11

Latest Transfer Update at 15-06-11

Fabregas - uncertain future.
    FABREGAS: NO DECISION MADE ON FUTURE

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has revealed that no decision has been made yet about his future.
    Fabregas has admitted that he is frustrated at Arsenal's lack of recent success but maintains he is happy at Emirates Stadium.
    The Spain international continues to be linked with a return to Barcelona, where he started his career before moving to North London as a teenager.
    The 24-year-old insists that no decision has been reached over his future and admitted that the Gunners and manager Arsene Wenger would have a major say over where he is playing his football next season.
    Fabregas, who missed the closing weeks of the season through injury, revealed he had not spoken to Wenger since early May when he was interviewed at a promotional event in Spain.
    The gifted midfielder remains confident that the Gunners can end their six-year silverware drought, but would not be drawn over the latest Camp Nou reports when the question was inevitably raised.
    Fabregas said: "A player who is not frustrated at not winning titles is either lying to himself or lacks ambition.
    "There is a good team and a good manager and one of the most faithful fan bases in Europe. With those I believe we can make progress and one day win an important trophy.
    "I am an Arsenal player. I have been very happy for eight years and I am very happy. I am not thinking about football right now, just about my holidays.
    "There have been no decisions. The truth is that it doesn't always depend on the player and at the moment I don't know anything.
    "He (Wenger) is the boss, the one who makes the decisions. You should ask him. I was injured at the end of the season and I haven't seen him for about six weeks.
    "I am very happy where I am. Anything else would be speculation that is untrue. You can never say never in this life as so many things happen that you can never predict."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 15-06-11

Hiddink - will not leave Turkey, says agent.
    HIDDINK POSITION UNCHANGED

Guus Hiddink's agent on Wednesday insisted the Dutchman would not quit as Turkey manager to take over at Chelsea, despite the resignation of the man who appointed him.
    But Cees van Nieuwenhuizen admitted he was unable to say for certain whether Hiddink would snub the Blues if they reached an agreement with the Turkish Football Federation to release him from his contract.
    Tuesday saw TFF president Mahmut Ozgener announce he would not stand for another term in office, a decision which fuelled speculation over Hiddink's position.
    Ozgener has been a staunch ally of the 64-year-old but the former's impending departure will diminish any say he has if Chelsea decide to test the TFF's resolve to keep Hiddink.
    Hiddink is renowned for not breaking contracts but Van Nieuwenhuizen was uncertain whether his client would consider being bought out of the final year of it as the same as a breach.
    "I really have no idea," Van Nieuwenhuizen told Press Association Sport, insisting Ozgener's announcement had "not had any effect" on Hiddink's own position.
    He added: "The contract is with the Turkish Football Federation and not the individual president."
    Asked if Hiddink was concerned or upset about Ozgener's departure, Van Nieuwenhuizen said: "Guus is somebody who can accept the facts of life."
    Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay on Tuesday refused to comment on reports Hiddink is the club's number one target as he visited Hong Kong ahead of their pre-season tour of Asia.
    He did reveal, however, that he hoped to make an appointment within the next fortnight.
    Van Nieuwenhuizen maintained on Wednesday there had been no formal contact between Hiddink - who is also currently in Asia - and the Blues over the vacancy.

Uploads

Kevin Nolan - close to Allardyce reunion.
    WEST HAM MEDICAL FOR KEVIN NOLAN

Newcastle skipper Kevin Nolan appears to be closing in on a move to West Ham after it emerged he is to undergo a medical with the London club.
    It's understood the Magpies' top scorer from last season has travelled south to have the tests after rejecting a new contract at St James' Park.
    Newcastle rejected an offer described as "derisory" for the 28-year-old, who has two years remaining on his existing deal, from the Hammers last week, but their pursuit seems to have taken a step forward.
    Neither club was commenting on the matter this lunchtime as a man, whose retention was a priority for manager Alan Pardew this summer, edged closer to the exit door.
    The Londoners are understood to have initially offered around 1.5million for the midfielder, who would be re-united with former Bolton boss Sam Allardyce at Upton Park if the deal went through.
    Nolan, who arrived on Tyneside in a 4million switch from the Trotters in January 2009, has been a key figure in Newcastle's fightback from the ignominy of relegation from the Barclays Premier League at the end of the 2008-09 season.
    He, along with Steve Harper, Alan Smith and Nicky Butt, pulled together a dispirited dressing room and helped to foster the new spirit which saw the Magpies storm to the Championship title at the first attempt and then secure their top-flight status in relative comfort last season.
    Nolan contributed 18 goals to the promotion campaign and a further 12 during the season which ended last month, the first time he has made double figures in the Premier League.
    However, talks over a new deal stalled with the club operating under Mike Ashley's stringent policy unwilling to meet the player's requirements in terms of length of contract.
    He could have seen out the remaining two years of his deal at St James' and then left for nothing, but it appears that the Magpies are ready to cash in on him now.
    With Joey Barton having been told he will not be offered a new deal and Jose Enrique having to date failed to respond to his latest offer, Pardew could yet lose all three men he had hoped to tie up before starting his recruitment work in earnest.
    That will not go down well with fans who thought the summer would be spent augmenting a relatively settled squad.
    Pardew has managed to add France midfielder Yohan Cabaye to the mix and will have Hatem Ben Arfa and, fitness permitting, Dan Gosling at his disposal next season.
    The club also remains in the market for a series of targets, although they have already missed out on Lorient frontman Kevin Gameiro.

Uploads

Pastore - heavily linked with move from Palermo.
    CHELSEA STILL CHASING PASTORE

Chelsea are still pursuing Javier Pastore but face competition from Barcelona and Real Madrid, Palermo have confirmed.
    The Argentina star has caught the eye of the managerless Blues as they look to add a creative force to their midfield, with Tottenham's Luka Modric another reported target.
    Palermo are aware of Chelsea's interest in 22-year-old Pastore, but claim Primera Liga giants Barca and Real are also gunning for his signature.
    "Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona want Pastore," Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini was quoted as saying in The Sun.
    "I told his agent to see what market there is for the player and he has probably spoken to some clubs.
    "At the end of the week we will meet to shed a bit of light on the future of the player."
    Zamparini has slapped a €50million (44m) price tag on Pastore, who is contracted at Palermo until 2014, and is thought to be unwilling to sell him to a rival Serie A club.

Uploads

Alan Shearer - won't be taking over at Cardiff City.
    CARDIFF TALKS 'UNSUCCESSFUL' - SHEARER

Alan Shearer has confirmed his talks with Cardiff over the manager's position at the npower Championship club were "unsuccessful".
    The former Newcastle boss was one of the candidates considered for the vacant post, but announced in a statement he would not be taking up the role.
    The former England captain said: "I can confirm that I was one of the candidates that the club spoke to about the vacant manager's position at Cardiff City.
    "During these talks I was most impressed with the vision, ambition and determination of the owner Dato Chan Tien Ghee and the board.
    "Unfortunately those talks were unsuccessful on this occasion.
    "Cardiff City is a great club and I wish them every success next season."
    Shearer's only previous managerial role was his ill-fated spell in charge of Newcastle at the tail-end of the 2008-09 season, where he won just one of his eight games in charge as the Magpies were relegated from the Premier League.
    The Bluebirds have been without a manager since parting company with Dave Jones on May 30 in the wake of their Championship play-off semi-final defeat to Reading.
    Shearer was only one of a handful of candidates being considered for the post, Press Association Sport understands.
    Former West Brom coach Roberto di Matteo, ex-Newcastle boss Chris Hughton and Watford manager Malky Mackay are also among those to be linked with the role, although the Hornets released a statement last week saying they had not received an approach for the ex-Scotland defender.

Uploads

Aguero - thought to prefer a Spanish stay.
    ATLETICO DROP AGUERO HINT

New Atletico Madrid coach Gregorio Manzano says the club would rather see star striker Sergio "Kun" Aguero go to arch rivals Real Madrid than accept a cut-price deal with another club.
    Argentine international Aguero, 23, has a €45million buy-out clause in his Atletico contract, which has put off a number of suitors with Juventus reportedly only prepared to bid up to €25million.
    Real and big-spending Manchester City have the capital to match Atletico's valuation and Manzano acknowledged getting the best price was the priority.
    "It is better that he (Aguero) goes to (Real) Madrid for 45 million euros than to another team for 25 million euros," Manzano said in 'El Larguero'. "You always have to look for the best value in the market."
    Aguero is thought to prefer a move within Spain and has hinted at the possibility of a move to Real Madrid, but Manzano admits the door is still open for the player to change his mind.
    "The player is ours at the moment and I would love to coach Kun Aguero," said Manzano. "He would be received with open arms."

Uploads

Mackay - approach rejected by Watford.
    HORNETS REJECT MACKAY APPROACH

Watford have rejected an official approach from npower Championship rivals Cardiff for manager Malky Mackay.
    The Bluebirds have turned to the Scot as they search for a replacement for Dave Jones, who was sacked at the end of last season.
    However, Watford have denied City permission to talk to the 39-year-old, who has impressed on a shoestring budget in his two seasons at the helm.
    "We don't want Malky to leave Watford and we will do everything in our power to keep him at Vicarage Road," said new Hornets owner Laurence Bassini.
    The development comes just hours after former Newcastle and England striker Alan Shearer revealed he had held "unsuccessful" talks over the vacancy in south Wales.
    Chris Hughton and Roberto Di Matteo have been linked with the role but are also thought to be on the shortlist for the Birmingham job.

Uploads

Asamoah Gyan - has not been offered for sale.
    QUINN DENIES 'EMBARRASSING' GYAN TALK

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn on Wednesday moved to dismiss speculation that striker Asamoah Gyan has been offered for sale.
    The Black Cats reacted swiftly to claims that the 25-year-old Ghana international's name has been circulated to prospective purchasers.
    In a statement, Quinn said: "The suggestion that we have spoken to an agent to sell this player on our behalf is embarrassing to all concerned.
    "I hope our fans would be smart enough to realise that this is probably some other club or outside agent's way of attempting to destabilise our relationship with one of our players."
    A report suggested Gyan was being put up for sale to help fund a summer spending spree.
    His situation has been in the spotlight for several weeks amid reports that Tottenham could be ready to test Sunderland's resolve to hang on to him this summer.
    The former Rennes striker headed for the Stadium of Light in a 13million-plus move from Rennes last summer and scored 11 goals in his first campaign on Wearside.
    Manager Steve Bruce bought him to partner Darren Bent in attack, although his plans had to be ripped up when the England international left for Aston Villa in January.
    Bruce's focus since has been the search for a player to complement the African and he has been linked with a long list of names, with Spurs pair Peter Crouch and Roman Pavlyuchenko prominent among them.
    The noises about Gyan's future have refused to go away, but with loan signing Danny Welbeck having returned to Manchester United and Fraizer Campbell facing most of next season on the sidelines with another serious knee injury, the club's striking resources are all but exhausted.
    If they did decide to cash in on a man on whom they could expect to make a profit, it would leave the manager with an entire attacking unit to rebuild and another major gap to plug following midfielder Jordan Henderson's departure for Liverpool.
    Bruce is already heavily engaged in his search for reinforcements, with deals for Liverpool's David Ngog and South Korea international Ji Dong-won close to being finalised.
    Elsewhere, he has been given permission to talk to Manchester United trio Darron Gibson, Wes Brown and John O'Shea after lodging a joint bid totalling more than 12million.
    The Black Cats have been encouraged by the reaction from the Gibson camp, but Brown is understood to be considering his options while O'Shea will perhaps take the most persuading to leave Old Trafford.
    Sunderland have also registered an interest in Birmingham midfielder Craig Gardner, who is certain to attract interest from other Barclays Premier League clubs, although derby rivals Newcastle insist they will not be among them.
    Asked about his future, Gardner said: "I don't know. It's a difficult one.
    "I'm unsure exactly what is happening behind the scenes and what the board are thinking.
    "Where are we going, what are we planning to do? I don't know.
    "At the end of the day, like every player, you have to think of your career. Everything is up in the air at the moment."
    Bruce also hopes to push through Bosman free transfer deals for Coventry keeper Keiren Westwood and Birmingham midfielder Sebastian Larsson after wasting no time in making his interest known.
    Quinn said: "What I can say is that we are in a number of meaningful negotiations to bring players in and when there's anything definitive to report, it will be on our club website for our fans to read."

Uploads

Gardner - faces a difficult decision.
    GARDNER UNSURE OVER BLUES FUTURE

Birmingham midfielder Craig Gardner admits he is unsure where his future lies after the departure of manager Alex McLeish.
    Gardner was Birmingham's top scorer with 10 goals in his first full season at St. Andrew's following his 3million move from Aston Villa.
    But lifelong City fan Gardner is now being linked with a 5million move to Sunderland.
    When asked if he is leaving or staying at Blues, Gardner said: "I don't know. It's a difficult one.
    "I'm unsure exactly what is happening behind the scenes and what the board are thinking.
    "Where are we going, what are we planning to do? I don't know.
    "At the end of the day, like every player, you have to think of your career. Everything is up in the air at the moment."
    Gardner admits McLeish, who looks set to move to Villa as Gerard Houllier's successor, has been a massive influence.
    He said: "For me, Alex McLeish was great. He showed a lot of faith in me, signing me from Villa, and my career moved forward from there.
    "It's a sad loss for Birmingham and it's not a good start to the summer.
    "The club needs to bring in a manager with the kind of credentials and experience Alex McLeish has. Someone like that would fit the bill."

Uploads

Dos Santos - attracting interested from Spain.
    SEVILLA INTERESTED IN DOS SANTOS

Spanish club Sevilla are considering a move for Tottenham Hotspur forward Giovani Dos Santos, who is out of favour at White Hart Lane.
    The 22-year-old arrived at North London in 2008 during former Sevilla coach Juande Ramos's stint in charge of Spurs.
    But Dos Santos has struggled to establish himself under current Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp and has had spent time on loan at Ipswich Town, Galatasaray and Racing Santander.
    Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido admits his club are interested in the player, but any move could depend on where Frederic Kanoute sees his future.
    "Giovani dos Santos is one of the players we have spoken about but he is not the only option," Del Nido said in Four Four Two magazine.
    "But we are not going to spend seven or eight million euros on anyone, because we don't have it. We will not make that investment without knowing what will happen with Kanoute."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast