Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-11

Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-11

Sanchez - has a big decision to make.
    FIVE CLUBS BID FOR SANCHEZ - UDINESE

Udinese have confirmed that all five clubs interested in Alexis Sanchez have made offers.
    European champions Barcelona, Manchester duo City and United, Inter Milan and Juventus have all made their moves.
    City had been leading the charge for the brilliant young Chilean and their bid is reported to be the best in terms of finances for Udinese - but the player will have the final decision.
    United have entered the bidding at the final stages, with Sir Alex Ferguson seemingly unwilling not to try and land a player he has admired for the best part of a decade.
    Juventus are keen to make a marquee signing ahead of the opening of their new stadium - but reports on the continent suggest it is Barca and Inter who are now leading the chase.
    Udinese's transfer consultant Stefano Antonelli, who helps oversee all their major deals, confirmed to Sky Italia that they were now looking at their options.
    "There are five clubs who are doing everything to get hold of him: Barcelona, Manchester City, United and two Italian clubs," Antonelli revealed.
    "The offers have all come from these clubs. We don't want to create a bidding war, but he is the big name on the transfer market at the moment and everyone wants him.
    "Over the next few days we should learn where Sanchez will go. We wanted to keep hold of the player, but when there is an important offer, it should be evaluated fully."
    Antonelli admitted he did not know where Sanchez would go, but he feels Barcelona would be the logical favourites.
    "All the clubs we talked about have a chance of signing him, but right now my feeling is that he's more likely to go abroad," he said.
    "Barcelona's very powerful push on to the scene has changed the scenario somewhat."
    Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu is hopeful a deal will be reached.
    "We are optimistic, but this has just begun. We are negotiating for Sanchez," he told Chilean newspaper La Tercera.
    "We know he is a valuable player; that is why there are so many teams after him. We have to continue talking and we will see what is going to happen in the next few days."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-11

Modric - reportedly subject of Chelsea bid.
    CHELSEA MODRIC BID REJECTED - REPORTS

Tottenham have turned down a 22million offer from Chelsea for Luka Modric, according to Sky Sports sources.
    The Croatian playmaker has emerged as one of the Premier League's most creative and stylish performers since arriving at White Hart Lane in 2008.
    A series of sparkling displays for Spurs last season reportedly attracted the attention of several clubs, with Manchester United believed to be admirers of the 25-year-old.
    However, it is Chelsea who are believed to have made the first move for Modric this summer, lodging a big-money bid for his services.
    Tottenham rejected the proposal but it is understood that the Blues are planning to return with an improved offer that will further test their resolve.
    Chelsea are currently without a manager after sacking Carlo Ancelotti but owner Roman Abramovich appears ready to invest heavily in the squad as he is determined to bounce back after a season without silverware.
    Spurs have previously made it clear that they intend to keep hold of all their key players after missing out on Champions League qualification.
    Boss Harry Redknapp stated over the weekend that Modric was crucial to their hopes of future success, saying: "If we sell Luka we are just a selling club basically."
    Modric, though, has refused to rule out the possibility of a transfer this summer.

Uploads

De Gea - expected to join Man Utd.
    DE GEA MOTIVATED BY UNITED INTEREST

David De Gea claims he is not worried about the possibility of becoming one of the world's most expensive goalkeepers if he joins Manchester United, and is only concerned about being a worthy replacement for Edwin van der Sar.
    The Atletico Madrid man, currently on duty with the Spanish Under-21 side at the European Championships, is widely thought to be the man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has pinpointed to replace the retiring Van der Sar.
    A fee of 18million has been mentioned for the 20-year-old, but he claims that does not interest him and that if he does move to Manchester, he will only be concerned with ably filling Van der Sar's boots.
    "I feel incredibly motivated by the fact that Manchester United are thinking about me," he said.
    "I like the fact that they are considering me as a replacement for a goalkeeper of Edwin van der Sar's calibre.
    "I will need to keep on striving and working hard, as I am still in the outset of my career, and I still have much to do at this level.
    "I hope I will still be playing when I am his age. It is hard to look so far ahead but it is something I want to do.
    "The fact that I could become one of the most expensive goalkeepers ever does not interest me. The value that really counts is what you do on the pitch."

Uploads

McLeish - held talks with Aston Villa.
    VILLA STEP UP BID FOR ALEX McLEISH

Aston Villa will today step up their bid to secure Alex McLeish as their new manager.
    Club owner Randy Lerner held two rounds of positive and productive discussions with McLeish yesterday after identifying the Scot as prime candidate to replace Gerard Houllier, who left Villa a fortnight ago due to concerns over his health.
    McLeish quit Villa's local rivals Birmingham on Sunday and flew back from a family holiday in Corsica to speak with Lerner in London.
    Villa believe they are entitled to talk to McLeish after claiming he is a free agent.
    But Blues are still hoping to obtain 5.4million in compensation for the remaining two years of McLeish's contract.
    Several hundred Villa fans voiced their opposition to McLeish taking charge during a protest at Villa Park yesterday evening.
    One of them, Chris Hearn, who had 'No McLeish' printed on his shirt, said "Our board has bankrupted Aston Villa's credibility.
    "They aren't listening to us, but they'll notice when the team is playing in front of a half-empty stadium."
    Another protester, Brian Johnson, said: "I'll be totally disgruntled if they appoint McLeish.
    "The board got it wrong with Houllier so they needed to get this one right, and I don't think they have."
    But Lerner has noted the success McLeish brought to Birmingham during the past three years, despite them being relegated from the Barclays Premier League last month.
    The former Rangers boss guided Blues to promotion in his first full season at St Andrew's and secured a highest top division placing of ninth in 2009/10.
    McLeish then led his side to Carling Cup final success over Arsenal at Wembley in February - the club's first major trophy for nearly 50 years.
    Former Villa boss Ron Atkinson believes McLeish could win over supporters with a couple of major signings and by keeping hold of reported Liverpool target Stewart Downing.
    Atkinson said: "You've got to admire Alex's courage for wanting it and for taking it on. But now he has to meet the hostility head on.
    "He can't be a shrinking violet. He has to get out there and meet the Villa fans and tell them why he he has come to the job.
    "Ashley Young is off to Manchester United but he could win favour by saying that no-one else leaves and he'll have to say 'you're not going' to Stewart Downing.
    "Also, nothing wins fans over more than a couple of bold, exciting signings. That will do wonders for his standing."

Uploads

Scott Brown - wants to win more trophies at Celtic.
    SCOTT BROWN DENIES NEWCASTLE LINK

Celtic captain Scott Brown has rubbished speculation linking him with a move to Newcastle and insists he wants to sign a new contract at Parkhead.
    The Scotland midfielder is entering the final year of his current deal and reports have suggested the Magpies are preparing a 6million bid to bring him to St James' Park this summer.
    However, Brown has no intention of quitting Celtic as he sets his sights on leading the club to more success having lifted the Scottish Cup last season.
    The 25-year-old told the Daily Record: "I've heard all the stuff about Newcastle but I haven't paid the slightest attention to it.
    "I'm captain of Celtic Football Club, why would I even think about going anywhere else?
    "A few weeks ago I had the privilege of lifting my first piece of silverware since being given the armband 18 months ago.
    "As the gaffer said himself 'this is not the end, it's only the beginning.'
    "I have a hunger to win more trophies as Celtic captain so that I can look back at my time at the club and consider myself to have been a success."
    Brown is now hoping a contract extension can be concluded when chief executive Peter Lawwell and manager Neil Lennon return from holiday.
    He added: "The club know how I feel and as long as the manager wants me here, then i don't see a problem getting a new deal worked out."

Uploads

Bebe - struggled to make an impact in debut term.
    MAN UNITED CONFIRM BEBE LOAN

Manchester United forward Bebe has joined Turkish side Besiktas on a season-long loan, the Barclays Premier League champions have confirmed.
    The 20-year-old Portuguese has made just seven first-team appearances since his surprise move to Old Trafford from Guimaraes last summer.
    Bebe had been at Guimaraes just five weeks and not even played a game for them when United swooped in a 7.4million deal.
    United boss Sir Alex Ferguson later admitted Bebe was the first player he had signed without having even seen him play on television.
    Bebe scored for United in both the Carling Cup and the Champions League and netted six times in 13 games for the reserves.
    United believe the move to Besiktas for the duration of the 2011-12 campaign will aid his development.

Uploads

Al Habsi - wanted back at Wigan next season.
    MARTINEZ WAITS ON AL HABSI

Roberto Martinez remains hopeful he can bring Bolton Wanderers goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi back to Wigan and expects a decision 'very, very soon'.
    Al Habsi impressed on loan at Wigan last season and the Latics have already made a 3million bid for the Oman international.
    However, reports suggest Bolton want 5m for the keeper, who has recently expressed his determination to be playing first-team football again next season.
    Latics boss Martinez acknowledged it has not been an easy deal to work on, but will not give up hope of having Al Habsi in his plans again.
    "At the moment, there is nothing to report, but we remain hopeful of doing the deal," Martinez told the Evening Post.
    "The problem is this is a three-way situation, and that means things haven't been easy.
    "We've been talking with Bolton and also with Ali for some time, and we've been very open about what we have been trying to do.
    "I suspect one way or another we'll find out very, very soon which way it'll go. But it's too early to be saying any more than that, because the talks are at such a delicate stage.
    "Obviously it's in the best interests of all parties to come to a resolution as soon as possible, and we hope that is the case.
    "When you are talking about a player like Ali, you need to do everything you can to keep him at the football club. But in this situation, when he is not under contract to us, things are not totally in our hands.
    "Our priority of course would be to keep Ali, but if we have to move for another player in that position then that's what we'll do.
    "Ali has made it clear he'd love to carry on his time with us, and we'd love to keep him, but we'll have to wait and see."

Uploads

Hemed - relishing prospect of move to Rangers.
    HEMED HOPES FOR GERS MOVE

Rangers target Tomer Hemed has revealed he is excited at the prospect of joining the club.
    The Gers have held talks with Hemed's agents over a possible free transfer switch to Ibrox.
    A number of other clubs are believed to have expressed an interest in landing Hemed, but the Israeli international has his heart set on a switch to Glasgow.
    "I am excited at the prospect of signing for such a big club as Rangers and playing under a manager like Ally McCoist," Hemed told the Daily Record.
    "He is someone I very much admired in the past as one of the great strikers in football. I believe if I get the chance to work with him he can develop my game further.
    "But at the moment it's up to Rangers and my agent - I hope they can come to an agreement soon."

Uploads

Lamey - set to join Wisla Krakow.
    LAMEY LEAVES LEICESTER

Leicester City have confirmed Michael Lamey is set to join Wisla Krakow after allowing the defender to leave the Walkers Stadium.
    Lamey joined the Foxes last summer after impressing on trial and he made seven appearances during his time with the club.
    However, he featured just once after Sven Goran Eriksson took charge as manager and was recently informed he could go in the summer.
    The Foxes have now agreed to cancel the second year of his contract, paving the way for a free transfer move to Wisla Krakow.
    The 31-year-old, who has also played for the likes of PSV Eindhoven and Arminia Bielefeld, is now due to finalise his switch to Polish football.

Uploads

Fabregas - long been linked with Barcelona.
    BARCELONA - FABREGAS WORTH LESS NOW

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell believes Cesc Fabregas is worth less than he was at this time last summer.
    The Arsenal skipper has been a long-standing target for the Catalan giants, with each passing transfer window seeing them linked with a fresh approach.
    It remains to be seen whether they will try their luck again this year, having failed in their efforts to lure Fabregas back to his roots 12 months ago.
    Barca were prepared to pay €40million (35m) for the midfielder in 2010, after seeing him help Spain to World Cup glory.
    They are, however, now of the opinion that his value has diminished and claim they will not be making a similar offer this time around - if they bid at all.
    Rosell said: "If last summer we offered €40m for Cesc, and since there has been wear and tear, now he's worth less."
    Fabregas has made no secret of his desire to turn out for Barca at some stage of his career, but has been reluctant to force through a move.
    He announced on Wednesday that he would leave any decision regarding his future in the hands of his current employers, but added that 'Barca is the best team in the world and going there guarantees titles'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast